CSR 138: A Thousand Words (Finished)

That doesn’t sound promising. lmao

2 Likes

CSR138 Part 1

Tier 4 OUC instabins

Before we embark on this journey of a daring rescue mission, we must first recognize the fact that some entries had errors so egregious that we could not fit them in the story.

Lets get into it

EcaMobile Chipleader V12 4-Door MKII Final Edition

49ed38dc5a63d8e085c3108dde933d3fad06d6fb_1_690x388

@Mikonp7

I see that you tried to disguise a panel van as a normal passenger SUV.
Nice try.

Binned for minmax

MAHG Gamma Last Model

c95ac40dc2186740062a141cf22a42186e5e151e_1_690x388

@S31

Both of us concluded that 5.5L made no sense for a gasoline-fueled inline-6 engine for a light-duty vehicle. This verdict also took into account the venerable Ford 300 straight six, which displaced 4.9L.

Binned for minmax.

Neither of the two would have gone far, especially the MAHG

19 Likes

dunno why my heart is racing I know I’m binned

Don’t know about you, but I’m tense because I want to know how badly I was binned. I was asked for a crossover and produced a 3-door American mud truck because I felt like it, and I still want to see how that goes.

i -5’d my top end to bring my hp peak down cuz vvl. vero told me to do it and i trust vero so i hope that goes well

3 Likes

Afaik negative top end spam is the one type of quality spam we all accept because we don’t have valve spring stiffness yet.

2 Likes

my ET for the engine was more than 40 over the limit by accident

I’m shocked you aren’t in these bins tbh then

We’re getting to the actual bins once we’re done writing them

6 Likes

:pensive:

CSR138 Part 2

Tier 4 instabins

velocitytitle

Random parking lot in Germany
8am

Robert Michael Shock is on stand by in his daily driver, a 1996 Sendo Solaire LX that he purchased in the UK as an officer of the British MI6. Their German counterparts at the Bundesnachrichtendienst (BND) have relayed their plans for the acquisition of a getaway vehicle to carry UN photographer Thomas Duecher out of hostile Russian territory, a task that was to be completed in mere days. The lead mechanic from the famed motor show Velocity was currently being flown from the USA to Germany and was scheduled to meet Shock in a few minutes.

Fumbling through his files of intel, photographs, and solicitation requests from the United Nations, Shock lounged in the plush leather seat and tuned to the station that airs the European version of Velocity.

“And now, let’s bring our attention to Kaityn Low as she brings you the latest car news.”

“Hello there, I’m Kaitlyn Low, and welcome to our car news section. First, let’s get to our weekly recall alerts.”

PMC Fossa 4XA

@mat1476 and @mcp928

By now, you should be getting a recall notice from the Patterson Motor Company if you own a PMC Fossa manufactured in 2000. The rear seat bolts in the affected vehicles may not be properly tightened to the specified torque. Occupants may notice a loose or rattling rear seat. If the rear seat bolts are not properly fastened, it could increase the risk of passenger injury in an accident. PMC will inspect the rear seat bolts and repair them if needed.

Binned for not following the minimum safety regulation. Also was the only vehicle to not have “actual” second row seats (+3). But we cannot deny it’s outright performance.

Shijiazhuang Motors X1-ESL Sportback

62899b7aca516ba1be8aa68cd022dcb74741a261_1_690x388

@ldub0775 and @Admiral_Obvious

Shijiazhuang Motors is recalling the Sportback versions of the X1-ESL manufactured before May 2000. The rear bumpers could detach if the vehicle is being driven across standing water on the road. The company states that this is because a design flaw in the rear bumpers could allow water and debris to collect in the rear bumper, weighing it down and allowing it to detach from the vehicle. If the rear bumper detaches from the vehicle, it could increase the risk of accidents for other motorists. Shijiazhuang will replace the rear bumper and the front and mid sections of the undertray free of charge

Binned for -1 body quality. Had the second worst drivability of this competition.

Lombaxo Olympian LBX

e39f3b304344e9f9597c1c7e0759a8109517c55f_1_690x388

@TheYugo45GV

Lombaxo Automoviles is recalling their 2000 model year Olympiad SUVs for rear brake discs which were improperly manufactured. This could cause the rear brake discs to fracture, reducing braking performance and increasing the risk of an crash. Lombaxo will replace the rear brake discs on affected vehicles free of charge.

Binned for -3 brake quality. It also got itself a minmax charge in the form of long tubular headers. This one definitely missed the mark.

Zodiac Patagonic

539473edff52bb86d53bcaf66841ebf11bb443e0_1_690x388

@Prium

MTA Zodiac has issued a recall for the 2000 Patagonic. During manufacturing, a small amount of units received pistons that were not properly heat treated. Improperly treated pistons may be damaged prematurely and cause engine failure, possibly causing an accident. MTA Zodiac will replace the short block of all affected vehicles.

Binned for minmax in the form of using titanium conrods and lightweight forged pistons in conjunction with -1 bottom end quality. This one also took the liberty of undertaking some seriously questionable decisions.

“Now lets get to the latest developments of the automotive world.”

Avantii Campus

f6477adf705e936c769be7198952f3c52e879f17_1_690x388

@EnCR

“A study from the Technical University of Munich reveals that several popular models might be emitting more emissions that allowed under the newly introduced Euro 3 standards in real world conditions. This is likely due to ECU software that is designed to enrich the fuel mixture when the car detects that it is not in testing conditions. The include models from Avantii…”

(cue the rest of the story)

Binned for exceeding the emissions limit. Pretty solid entry, but had some serious flaws, including the second worst fuel economy here.

“Now onto our sneak peeks of the cars that might be coming to a dealer near you”

Blod Hergenrother

315023dc27dc6c84c7daa002b5eff96a3a31f9c7_1_690x388

@VaporScape

Blod has been doing the final tuning for their upcoming 3.0L turbocharged inline 6 that is slated to first appear in the Hergenrother in 2003. Featuring all aluminum construction and a low pressure turbo, the 3.0L promises to produce similar power to a larger naturally aspirated unit while being more efficient and emitting less emissions…

(cue the full story)

Binned for minmax in the form of +10 bottom end quality combined with hypereutectic cast pistons that pushed engine et to 183.9, way above what the regulations allowed. Also it wasn’t really worth it, as the power output is simply pathetic, and it was one of the least drivable cars here.

As the story finishes, Shock looks out the window to see a black 1995 Mercedes Benz E-Class approaching.

Picture cars done by me, @variationofvariables, @Falling_Comet, and @S_U_C_C_U_L_E_N_T.

13 Likes

Just to get things clear, was negative quality a reason for binning no matter what? If so, my opinion is that it could have been stated in the rules. I get it that minmaxing ends up with binning as usual, but just using -1 body quality is hardly a minmax IMO.

10 Likes

Tier 4 encompasses the rule violating instabins along with other violations such as minmax and negative quality besides top end.

That special moment you have the car built, and start playing with panel material to squeeze out the best stats, but forget to check all the minimums are still met…
Oh well, next time. :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

y’all ever just say “I’m sure the engine stats meet the requirements” without checking and then submitting your car completely sealing in your fate as a tier 4 instabin

7 Likes

I’ve done that before lol. Just hit full send without checking.

4 Likes

I get that man, but +10?? What kind of torque are you pushing to need +10 bottom end? It’s a 3.0L, it’s not like you’re very rev-limited

6 Likes

idk i’m just dum ¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

He had a forged crank and HDF conrods, however he used HEC pistons and had it rev to 6800 rpm. It also uses a turbo.
But yes, be sure to double and triple check to see if you meet rules before sending.
Also, just because a rule isn’t listed, doesn’t mean it’s a good idea to implement it to beat the system.
Like Mikon’s use of a utility van for an SUV, He also barely met the rules in other places too.

3 Likes

Oh, if you knew what does this name means around here