CSR 142: A Place in My Heart (Finished)

Agreed but, I’m more concerned on getting binned if I did put staggereds on, The one Assblaster? Challenge I got binned for staggered tires (on an all wheel drive vehicle). Edit: Staggered would be alright if I didn’t shove a V12 jacking up ET and PU. (Legal ET)

Yes, let’s do this…

The original premise was a weekend turnaround then the next round started. If you want to add fluff and make pretty posts then do so, but not at the cost of excessive time. CSR138 had two judges yet it took a whole month to produce a whole bunch of filler text that could have been described in a single line, with a paragraph at best for the finalists. Don’t confuse bling for quality and don’t excuse hosts breaking the rules because “they have custom stuff they want to do with their posts”.

As for delays that are out of the hosts control, put up a single post saying “X is going on, results will be delayed, Forum_Member is the winner” so the round can go on. Then post the results at your leisure. CSR is about quick rounds to learn car building, not drawn out epics focussed on 3D building skills and photoshopped touch-ups.

Exactly, so another layer of “encryption” is a waste of time and how is 66mazda going to enforce the “no salt” rule? He can’t. So the code is redundant and pointless, especially when 66mazda regularly stretches the CSR hosting rules. Dragging out results are far worse IMO than saltiness from any source so just get it done and leave out the fluff for your own lore threads.

You know hosting can be turned down right? No-one FORCED 66mazda to host or go all out on a highly ambitious storyline text adventure. The best rounds of CSR have single lines of feedback for all but finalists and are done in a day or two. So if you take on too much work and can’t handle the workload, just dump the results in a table and move on.

Nope, there is never a good time to give up your rights. Once lost they can never be recovered, short of revolution, so accepting a little salt is always asuperior solution to having to be muzzled by an OP, especially if the OP is new, uses weird scoring systems or has a vague ruleset.

Without conducting a survey of all who attend the forum you’re making a bold claim here. I’m not going to say that I definitively have people 100% in agreeance with my points but I do believe a great number of people are fed up with big lag times for CSR results vs the ocassional salt spill. It’s getting to the point where every single round of CSR is being delayed and there’s no compelling reason for this to happen.

66mazda is closing the gate after the horse has bolted; fix the result lag and the salt goes away. Stop adding worthless and pointless layers of bureaucracy, especially gag orders, when the problem’s solution lies elsewhere.

5 Likes

Yeah. I kind of remember '95. I was 12 at the time, but I do remember having a dial-up and accessing a local BBS.

Kids, ask your parents.

3 Likes

so. how do I submit my car? first time joining a CSR so I don’t know wut to do

once you’re ready to submit, send the .car file to the host in a private message over the forums (don’t forget the submission code outlined in the original post), then come back to this thread and post an ad.

2 Likes

so beside the .car file, I also need the code? where could I find the code?
and then I make an ad for my car?

reminder that an “ad” can just constitute a couple images, with some text and/or image editing being optional

2 Likes

this is the code right?

1 Like

the code is in the original rule post at the top of the thread, seen here;

1 Like

ah, i see, thanks

So the way I’ll be judging is pics will be sent to me with your engineering and photos. Well hopefully these entries won’t make me go insane like CSR138
I wonder if I can go all out with the mechanical reviews. But I digress.
Until next time, have this very offensive meme!

3 Likes

cute panther lmao, good luck to you

1 Like

What’s up with the Civic Type R image? What it doin there?

Settle down in here, I will be issuing warnings for any more derailing of this thread. Keep it on topic and keep it civil.

I cleaned up a few things in here and it’s time to move on.

18 Likes

In all honestly, I was actually considering removing the code, as a lot of people in discord said they didn’t like it. I trust most of you anyways.
However with what has recently happened, and the fact that submissions are already open, the rules for this round are set in stone and will not be changed.
I honestly got greatly sickened
Also just to clarify, the only reason I wanted to implement the code was because I really just want to make sure people read the rules. People get salty over things that are obviously listed in the rules. The code means that you’ve at least read it. Less salt over like basic rules would be helpful for all.
So bad wording is probably the issue

9 Likes

Oh, hell, it’s been a while since I’ve been banned. Why not?

HOL isn’t alone in this. I’ll throw my hat in for rolling my eyes at both you and the premise of the code. We’re also not the only ones, this I can tell you with absolute certaintly.

I will be more blunt than HOL, however.

IF YOU’RE A UNIVERSITY OR COLLEGE STUDENT AND YOU ARE NOT ON BREAK, DO NOT TAKE HOSTING DUTIES. PERIOD.

The idea of the code to “make sure people read the rules” is absolutely inane. If people don’t read the rules, bin the car. It’s that simple. No need to add anything more to mung things up.

Admirable that you’re willing to help. But he shouldn’t have taken the responsibility in the first place if he knew he was having term work coming up. News flash: I’ve been through college. You get a syllabus and calendar at the beginning of the term that lays out what is going to happen and when. So he had to know this was coming, and it was irresponsible to take on the responsibility.

The most common excuses I’ve seen on this board for people failing to live up to their hosting obligations are “school work” and “mental health”. I can understand both of these (more than most of you would believe). I’ve personally run three different long-term projects on this board in the throes of Major Depressive Disorder (at least once without medication, either). It’s doable. But it’s also optional.

So again, my grumpy, old, mentally-ill ass has some advice for all the younger ones on the board:

DON’T TAKE ON WHAT YOU CAN’T DO. Know your limits. Whether it’s workload or mental health, it’s not a failure to decline a hosting gig because it will push you too hard. You know what really bites? Overworking yourself when you’re not ready.

This is where TCL is going to hate me.

Discord, long ago, became a place where one hand washes the other. It’s an echo chamber. Take a look sometime at the length of time someone has been on the forum and their age, and see a correlation to Discord.

I’ll be waiting for you. And yes, I am going to absolutely publicly questioning your wisdom in this matter.

6 Likes

TBH, I wonder if we don’t need a new thread about how the continous challenges like AGC, CSR, TMCC etc. should be handled in the future. One that is actually constructive where everyone gets to say his/her meaning without feeling afraid of cluttering down the CSR142 thread and one that gets less personal so nobody gets insulted because that’s never constructive, it mostly results in thinking like “OK, I was open for a change but now I feel offended and I am really not going to change, as a protest!”.

I can honestly say that I have been a bit annoyed about what some of the challenges have evolved to, but there is a lot more to it than just Mazda delaying the TMCC thread and he should not have to go for everything, nor should someone else, because there is not only one person “guilty” here. Heck, I started a challenge myself once upon a time but had to leave the whole forum for almost two years because of personal reasons so who am I to blame? But I still think that we are in need of some constructive discussion that can help making the challenges more pleasant for everyone in the future. Because the discussion I see here clearly shows that there is a lot of suppressed thoughts and feelings about the challenges, and cluttering down CSR142 is not the best way to solve this.

10 Likes

At the risk of being reprimanded…

You will know how much time you can dedicate to something in the near future. There will always be sudden, real life, issues that can occur to derail you but, in general, you will know your schedule.

f you think that your mental health isn’t going to be able to cope then decline.

We have clear and concise rules, for running CSR, as laid down by, His Majesty, Strop…

I don’t give a rat’s ass about other forum challenges because delays just mean I get bored…or forgetful (I am OLD, you know!)…and so ignore future events.

1 Like

Frogeye Scorpio

The name stands for: Sports Classic Offering Real Power & Intelligence, Okay?

13 Likes

You will get a free lifetime vacation in hell for this… :rofl:

1 Like