CSR 142: A Place in My Heart (Finished)

ok so apparently the barometer gets set to “shit is going down” and then I get called in to say something. Been a while since I ventured into this part of the forum.

Kind of nostalgic actually.

Anyway I thought that the salt was happening at the end of the round but actually, it’s only been 2 days since it started? Wow ok :joy:

I’m not a mod and I don’t wish to act like one in any capacity. For official rulings on conduct etc. I defer to them. As for matters of CSR:

• Yes, having a verification code in your post at the risk of an instabin is, shall we say, unusual practice
  • But there’s no need to absolutely fly off the handle about it (@HighOctaneLove we both know this is not your first rodeo LMAO). Technically if it’s in the rules it’s in the rules, as I say!
  • But on the other hand again, let’s just say after over 7 years of watching and running challenges in this community, I have plenty of anecdotal evidence that multiple hosts have tried to make people read the regulations in multiple ways and the net change is, well, approximately zero. So one may actually be shooting themselves in the foot by introducing an extra level of liability risking well built entries being binned because they forgot to send the verification, and shitty entries that would get binned anyway passing.
  • My suggestion is that there will be no harm in scrapping it even at this point in the round, as it has zero bearing on the mechanics of the game. But this is a suggestion only. It’s entirely up to the host.
  • As for the “let’s discuss the logistics of running a CSR and how the rounds seem to go for such a long time and also many hosts set a really ambitious bar and can’t finish the round for xyz reason” well. A thread like this gets made on nearly an annual basis. I suggest y’all go look up the last one first. And if someone else wants to then make a thread to discuss it if you haven’t done so alread, knock yourself out and feel free to tag me I guess.
27 Likes

With that done, can we get on with the round, I made a car that I’m extremely happy with and don’t wanna have to scrap it because of a little immaturity

11 Likes

So are we going to make cars for this round or not

ezgif.com-gif-maker

1995 Deleu-Mathers 1610 V8

5 Likes

1995 Sovaine Athena

13 Likes

Of course we can - entries are currently being accepted as of now.

Speaking of entries, I have a few ideas for mine that are currently in the WIP stage - if I choose to enter, I’ll just go with the one that suits me the most.

Okay, since formal matters are out of the way - I won’t be able to enter this round, but I will gladly help anyone with the engineering side of their submission.

1995 Leighton Chronos aLX

Fuck it, it’s Green Green

FWD

V6

Enough Power.

I think the colour name is enough to sell anyone on this thing.

The colour is literally called “Fuck It, It’s Green Green” Why wouldn’t you want it?

It’s British, if that helps.

It’s also Green.

Green is cool, right?

I guess it costs $35,000

But it’s green, that’s better.

4 Likes

I don’t have photoshop

I have a car though

8 Likes

Okay, I have an acutal game mechanics question. So we’re submitting sedans, correct? Does the '92 coupe body count as a sedan since it has four doors, even though the game considers it a coupe?

Last unrelated note from me because again I heard some more rumblings and I knew some special people were running this round but oh gee in 7 years being here I have never seen this attempted:

This is going to go down really well :joy: Have you not yet learned that the only way to manage salt in Automation challenges is to roll with it? This, this on the other hand, sounds like… like… like government censorship. Literally. 1984.

Try computing that.

12 Likes

Going to carry this judgement over from CSC44

5 Likes
We're not selling you a colour.

We’re selling you a car.

Not just any car, but the Brand new 1995 Alba SS7 3.2 T6.
A car with just enough grunt to be fun on a highway, while staying a solemn executive car.
3.2 Liter Turbocharged Inline 6, Producing steady torque across the rev range; All while keeping reliable.

We respect you.

Equipped with advanced safety features all around; We value your health over everything else - Closely followed by your Comfort. No Profanity or insults.

The least compromise possible.

Did we make compromises? Yes. We of course had to; We’re not perfect. However, we worked our best to get the most out of the compromises we took.
A variety of hues and textures to pick from: Here pictured a Dark smooth leather cover, combined with our trademark felt cloth.

Alba.
Excellence Refined.

(Starting at $42000 AMU. Contact your local dealer.)

15 Likes

I’m Definitely at a sheer disadvantage this round because V12

2 Likes

hmm?

For this kind of car there’s no reason a V12 should be worse than a similarly sized V8, save maybe for service costs. In theory they’re more comfortable and more prestigious, and you have top bragging rights.

The thing is other entrants have better mpg with v8s, and the customer likely takes mpg as a consideration

Looks at the v12 tune

6 Likes

niche engine in a more conventional challenge. Gotta squeeze every gallon

P.s. in the cold light of day I came back and reread this and I can see one or two places where I crossed certain lines of common decency. It was at a point where I considered pinging a mod to reprimand me but then realised that is completely unnecessary :joy: Apologies for the personal jibes @66mazda

The thrust of my warning stands. I only posted that because I was still hearing rumblings and when you’ve seen enough salt you know when you’re sitting on a powder keg. Think about it.

I have no intention of derailing the thread further but on the same token I would prefer not to be summoned like some spirit from the nether realm with the Automation ouija board LOL

20 Likes

THE 1995 IP ICARUS 3000 GLT

The 3000 GLT. Our performance oriented trim of the Icarus. With a 257 hp 3 litre turbo V6. With a 5 speed automatic transmission and a Torsen type differential for the maximum driving pleasure. With a multilink rear suspension and sticky low profile tyres that keeps it planted to the road. With a beautiful interior trimmed in high quality leather and walnut wood veneer. Of course it features things like electric windows all around, climate control and a state of the art sound system including a CD player, for the maximal amount of comfort. Like all Icarus models, it passes all the current and all the known future crash tests, including things like five headrests and 3-point seatbelts* (the front ones with pretensioners), dual front airbags, anti-intrusion beams in the doors and a bodyshell engineered with safety in mind already from the drawing board.

3000 GLT. The Icarus for the customer that won’t settle for the second best driving experience. Base sticker price $40700.

• = except for models with the optional reclining rear bucket seats

(OOC: I know what you said about turbos and I agree, though it is completely for lore reasons, and also they were only rare, but there was occasional examples of them. IP didn’t have a V8 in 1995 and a N/A V6 would not cut it among the competitors I’m afraid)

11 Likes