CSR 162 - Sunset Sporting (FINISHED, Winner Announced!)

2005 Yagihara XGT

The most boring supercar you have ever seen!

specs

General:

0-62 mph: 3.2s
Quarter mile: 11.44s
Weight: 3227 lb (1464 kg)
Drivetrain: Helical AWD, 6-speed manual gearbox
Suspension: front double wishbone, rear multilink

Engine:

3.5L all aluminum (aluminium) I6
Single turbo
431 hp @6000 rpm
~460 lb-ft (620 Nm) @3500 rpm
6500 rpm redline

you can download the file if you for some reason want to:

CSR162-hjuugoo_-_Yagihara_XGT.car (169.6 KB)

pictures

idk

Umm yeah I won’t have any more time until the deadline so this ended up being rushed, as always…

Well, I feel my engineering is improving, but I’m half expecting a realism / min-maxing bin. I feel like 3.2s 0-100km/h is pretty good but idk how great the other stats are

The design… I had some rough ideas, and then started making them way too detailed before thinking the end product through. The main thing is the led running light circle thingies, which are not very period appropriate at all, but by the time I realized that, there wasn’t really much time to fix it, and I had had enough of custom 3D light pain. And no, I do not have the faintest idea of what the ugly grey material around the bottom is supposed to be. Also, how the fuck do I get body molding fixtures to be shaded/lit properly?

Oh yeah and I’m too lazy to make an interior

Anyway, expectation is around halfway down the field if not binned, good luck to everybody else!

26 Likes

Thanks for the car file, id enjoy it if more people did. I like drivinging them in beam :man_shrugging:.

The Chevalier AM8

Luxury is hard woven into this British colt, and the price reflects the quality. With a 4.3L V8, this stallion is equipped to deal with long countryside roads, or the hard asphalt of the motorways. Reviewers note of the luxury interior, intending to compete with the likes of more fancy brands, as the Chevalier is the first model of Manning Co. built for speed. Even with the weight of 1499kgs, the Chevalier puts up a valiant 0-100 km/h of 4.9 seconds. However, reviewers have noted some serious flaws within the Chevalier, regarding it’s servicing and reliability, as Manning Co.'s reputation has yet to be contested. Perhaps, with this new model, Manning Co. can rebuild from their long distant beginnings?

• Surien, (no previous experience of car reviews) signing out.

(car file - CSR162-(Surien)-_Chevalier.car|attachment (29.2 KB) ) for those interested, have fun, give feedback, >_<

9 Likes

Cool car, might do that later

You don’t and just embrace the suffering :smiley:

3 Likes

maybe when automation 2 comes out we will get well lit body molding fixtures lol

3 Likes

One Week Remaining

There is now (just under, oops) one week remaining to submit your entries. Thus far, I have received submissions from-

Complete Submissions-

@quiz
@abg7
@fabiremi999
@nightwave
@nvisionluminous
@Ch_Flash
@LennoxV10
@the-chowi
@mart1n2005
@ErenWithPizza
@Riley
@Flingang
@KSIolajidebt
@Happyhungryhippo
@PhirmEggplant
@IJN_Yamato
@oldmanbuick
@crwpitman1
@hjuugoo
@Xepy
@surien

Ads, but no .car file-

@toxicnet
@DuceTheTruth100
@Knugcab
@66mazda
@SupraWip
@landroverjustice
@GassTiresandOil

.car file, but no ad-

@theboxgamer41

If you don’t see your name on this list, please tell me.

Countdown Timer

14 Likes

2005 Revuelto Castanya RR

Reimagined for the 21st century; Soul from the 50s

Specifications

This is the most stylish Revuelto made today!

Built as an entry level premium roadster, with design cues harkening back to the 1st gen Castanya.
The front and rear have been updated to match with the times featuring LED lights, turn signals and DRLs with other more refined touches such as the integrated small spoiler. Nevertheless it still keeps the same overall shape and feel as the original. It does feature sportier tires, with a more staggered wheel setup with 19" at the front and 18" at the back giving you a “hot rod” type look.

Underneath the Castanya RR it has a light AHS steel chassis with partial aluminum body panels. Nonetheless it also has a double wishbone front and back tuned by Enfach to give you a sporty but still comfortable ride. Furthermore with electric variable steering and ESC which makes it easier to control especially due to having a helical LSD which makes quite easy to push it to the limit!

The N42C engine is a 2l turbocharged straight-four producing 300bhp and 287lb⋅ft Which is mated to a 6-speed advanced auto with manual shifting mode transmission.

Propelling the car from 0-100kmh in 5.4s and a ¼ mile time in the mid to high 13s range and a top speed of 288km/h. Luckily the N42C engine is quite reliable and doesn’t sip that much fuel at 8.6l/100km.

Thanks to the car being a front mid-engine rear wheel drive it gives the car a 54/46 weight distribution which makes it quite predictable in part due to it’s heavier curb weight of 1396kg. Moving on, it also features tan leather sports seats which can keep you in the car while turning at 1.2g and still being comfortable enough for you to sit in during rush hour.

Featuring top of the line audio equipment from THD with multiple speakers all around and a premium radio with satellite navigation so you can enjoy your tunes while you drive into the sunset.

The Castanya RR draws a fine line between comfort and all out performance all for the obtainable price of $33,000 AMU.

Press Images

Ever since the company founder Antonio Revuelto first made his project car into reality that faithful moment in 1950 which ended up being the Castanya MM.

Then it was raced in the ’53 Mille Monti placing the company on the map and winning the hearts of many petrolheads worldwide.

And so, after 55 long years of anticipation for an updated model of the Castanya we are proud to announce now you the new Revuelto Castanya RR!

27 Likes

It’s my first time trying to make a post with CSS and I probably still got some stuff wrong in there lol. The car is mainly inspired by the S2000, Pontiac Solstice and some ridge racer cars oddly enough. It is also the first time I have tried to put an interior in a convertible and funnily enough the original Castanya MM was ment to be a roadster but I then settled for a GT instead due to time constraints. I tried to make the Castanya RR as close as I can to being a realistic less pricier roadster of the times but some of the pictures do tend to have bigger brakes than what the actual car which I only realised last minute.

Type 12

2 Likes

2005 Lazzari Confortola

In colaboration with @xsneakyxsimx

Gallery

37 Likes

2005 Kasane Daemon

Specs + Details

The second generation Daemon was unveiled in 2003, featuring a rear-mid mounted 3.3l V6 producing 310 horsepower and 290 lb/ft of torque mated to a 6 speed manual transmission resulting in a 4.5 second 0-62mph and a top speed - with the limiter disabled - of 198mph. The 2870lb (1300kg) weight is supported on semi-active dampers and active sway bars, offering about 99% of the previous fully active suspension system’s benefits with much less complexity, cost, and weight. Pricing starts at $37,000, with the range topping options pushing $50,000.

mor photo

yay

8 Likes

You have a point. It’s the size of an S2000 AP1/AP2, with an engine similar to that of a Solstice GXP/Sky Red Line, and taillights that look like those of the Agè Prophetie from Ridge Racers onward.

1 Like

Yeah it’s interesting though I don’t think is going to win in terms of pure performance.

2005 Alfieri S6.34

Details

The S6.34 is an AWD italian sports car propulsed by a 3.4L BiTurbo V6 producing 340 hp and 465 Nm of torque.
It got the finest advanced auto gearbox with 6 speed. And with a weight of 1455 kgs it will go form 0 to 100 km/h in just 4.5 seconds and a top speed of 293 km/h.
Pricing starts at 37 700 €.

sry i am too lazy to put the freedom units

More pics

2 Likes
2005 Ryuji Goemon RX

For the third generation Goemon, Ryuji has created the ultimate in sports compacts. A stiffened monoque chassis with struts up front and a multilink setup in the rear for the basis. Under the hood sits a Ryuji AG24/16A iCAM 2.4l 16 valve inline four. Featuring all alloy construction, forged internals, individual throttle bodies, iCAM technology, and a high flow exhaust, it makes 245 horsepower at 7,200 rpm and 219 ft-lbs of torque at 4,500.

Mated to a six speed manual advanced all wheel drive system, it can accelerate from zero to sixty in 4.57 seconds, quarter mile in 12.82, with a top speed electrically limited to 155mph. Alloy wheels wrapped in 225/45R16 rubber help the car achieve over 1G of lateral force on the skidpad. Six piston front and two piston rear calipers on vented rotors bring everything to a stop quickly.

Inside you will find a two plus two seating arrangement with leather upholstery, ESC, a variable ratio hydraulic steering, and a AM/FM/CD player with AUX compatibility. On the outside, a big rear spoiler, aggressive lower body cladding, and red badging set it apart from it’s lower trim level siblings.

Pricing for the 2005 Ryuji Goemon RX start at $35,700 AMU.

17 Likes

Introducing the 2005 Adamo Celeritas

The Adamo Celeritas promises an amazing driving experience, having over 400hp and 400lbft of torque in a 5.5L V8 engine. This engine is mounted in mid longitudinally and paired with a 6 speed advanced automatic transmission. This drives you and up to one other passenger to speeds of up to 165mph. The Adamo Celeritas comes with a sporty interior, premium satellite navigation, and a removable Targa top roof for those warm sunny days. This car also features advanced traction aids and safety features to ensure a safe drive in various conditions.

Pricing for this vehicle starts at $39800

3 Likes

mid engined v8 italian sports car, what else is there to say?

ok, there are a few other things worth saying. 337 horsepower, 0-60 in 3.86 seconds and a top speed of 307kph. all for 37.9K

also in case you care about the planet, or your wallet, the Lyra meets all emissions regulations (even the ones that don’t exist yet!), and gets a comparably light 25mpg

The Lyra comes standard with a 7 speed DCT, active suspension and the latest in driver aids as standard. Please don’t turn the driver aids off, the vented brakes and premium tyres cannot save you from oversteer

CSR162_(Chaedder)_-_amato_lyra.car (84.7 KB)

4 Likes

Be sure to PM your car file to the host. I don’t know if they’ll see it here. It’s also a good idea to keep people from seeing your engineering until after the challenge. I remember a challenge I did a long time ago where submissions were done on discord… after I submitted mine people were able to download it and all if the sudden everyone had the exact same stats as my car.

5 Likes

Well, it’s been a while, hasn’t it? If we were to describe the future, it wouldn’t be as straightforward as it may seem. There can, or cannot be a guaranteed path that humanity will push towards. Language will be the key to understanding where the path ahead lies. That is why, in Japan, two words exist to describe the future, 将来 (shōrai) and 未来 (mirai). Both indeed describe a future, but the kinds of future they describe imply a different meaning. The 未 (mi) in 未来 means “not yet” or “uncertain”, to imply a very distant future that is cloudy, uncertain and subject to change. 将来 implies the opposite, with 将 (shō) implying something firm, or guaranteed. A known future that lies ahead is what 将来 means, but an uncertain distant future is 未来.

Handmade with love by members of the Sendo Team

@SpeedyBoi @yurimacs @variationofvariables @Falling_Comet @Portalkat42

FOR MOBILE VIEWERS: DISPLAY IN LANDSCAPE MODE

In Japan, two words exist to describe the future, 将来 (shōrai) and 未来 (mirai). Both indeed describe a future, but the kinds of future they describe imply a different meaning. The 未 (mi) in 未来 means “not yet” or “uncertain”, to imply a very distant future that is cloudy, uncertain and subject to change. 将来 implies the opposite, with 将 (shō) implying something firm, or guaranteed. A known future that lies ahead is what 将来 means, but an uncertain distant future is 未来. Through the N.U.D.E. Philosophy, Sendo has made the guaranteed 将来 further into the future, and has pushed back the uncertain 未来.

The Sendo Friesia is a 2-seat, 2-door front-engine V10-powered luxury sports car produced by Sendo Automobile Atelier from 2004 to 2011. Slotting below the GT-Sport in the company’s line-up, it is regarded as the company’s entry-level model by some.

Since the release of the first Sendo GT in the 80s, and the acquisition of a stable customer base that consisted of the old-money type, executives consistently pushed for an attempt to appeal to a younger audience. Following the burst of the Japanese economic bubble in the 90s, however, these attempts have been pushed back numerous times.

In 1999, Sendo released the Future 2000 concept as a preview of what was to come. It was a 2-seat coupe envisioned with a 12-cylinder engine and a highly intelligent four-wheel-drive system. Continued financial troubles with the parent companies further added delays to the addition of a new vehicle to the lineup.

Later at the 2001 Tokyo Auto Show, the N.U.D.E. concept car was unveiled to the public, with N.U.D.E. standing for Natural Urban Design & Engineering. A more refined design than the Future 2000, the N.U.D.E. not only previewed a closer finalized design for the future Friesia, but also a preview of the new Sendo design language overall. The N.U.D.E. concept featured a 4.5-litre naturally aspirated V10, a 6-speed dual-clutch transaxle, and rear-wheel-drive. Penned by Canadian-American designer John Adrian Fournier, the N.U.D.E. was the first Sendo to be designed by a non-Japanese designer. Fournier would later go on to design the Friesia itself.

The Friesia debuted at the 2004 Geneva International Motor Show, after a development time period of roughly six years. It went on sale in the United States as a 2005 model year, then Europe, and Japan in the same year it debuted at Geneva.

The Friesia was equipped with a semi-new V10 design based off of the architecture of the Sendo V12. It shared roughly 65% of parts with the existing engine to save development and manufacturing costs. The 4.8-litre engine in its base form produced 420 horsepower at 7200 RPM, and 520 Nm of torque at 5500 RPM. Dry sump lubrication prevents engine oil starvation through high-speed corners and lowers the engine’s center of mass. The Friesia’s engineers selected a V10 engine over an equivalent displacement V8 engine for its ability to rev higher and over a V12 for its lower reciprocating mass, allowing for more rapid engine response. All Friesia V10’s were hand-made at the Yokosuka Powertrain facility in Japan, and compared to the V12, only needed 5 people to go over the entire design process, speeding up manufacturing and reducing costs further.

Attached to the V10 is a newly-designed 8-speed automatic transaxle, one of the first of its design. After gaining additional gear ratios only with additional components, this time the number of components has to decrease while the number of ratios still increase. The new transmission uses a Lepelletier epicyclic/planetary gearset, which can provide more gear ratios with significantly fewer components. This means the 8-speed is actually lighter than some of its 6-speed counterparts. A conventional planetary gearset and a compound Ravigneaux gearset is combined in a Lepelletier gear mechanism, to reduce both the size and weight. It was first realized here. Like all transmissions realized with Lepelletier transmissions, this 8-speed also dispenses with the use of the direct gear ratio, making it one of the very few automatic transmission concepts without such a ratio. It also has the capability to achieve torque converter lock-up on all eight forward gears, and disengage it completely when at a standstill, significantly closing the fuel efficiency gap between automatic and manual transmissions.

Inside the Friesia’s cabin is like other Sendos, a completely hand-made interior crafted by master artisans in Japan. To keep costs minimized, a synthetic vegan leather is utilized throughout the interior in the Friesia’s base form instead of the usual authentic Italian leather typically used on other Sendo models. Brushed aluminum and steel were used throughout to give a futuristic forward-leaning impression. Like other models, however, the buyer has the option of completely customizing their interior down to the finest detail. Various interior options were available, including a highly complex DILAD projector head unit that projected the display onto a transparent acrylic-like cover that offered a view into the engine bay of the Friesia when the projector was disabled. Another option was a glass cover over the interior electronics, akin to the Apple Macintoshes of the day. Options like the DILAD screen and glass interior were cost-prohibitive and not common, however, and they often added weeks to the build and waiting time for Friesias when selected.

The Friesia had the most amount of color options available upon its release, from the regular selection of Sendo colours, to various special mystichrome paintworks that could cost over $30,000. The most expensive of all paints being the Hokkaido Snow Pearlescent, coming at a price of $37,000.

A unique clock design was available for the Friesia starting in 2005, dubbed the Flos Tourbillon, it was an option available only with the glass interior and DILAD screen and was priced at $16,000.

The first-generation Friesia would end production in 2011, making way for the second-generation that same year.

GALLERY

@SpeedyBoi- Drafting Division
@yurimacs - Engineering Division
@variationofvariables - Interior Design & Web Design Division
@Falling_Comet - Head Design Division
@Portalkat42 - Final Refinement & Design Division

千度チームが感謝しています。
ありがとう

53 Likes