CSR160 - The Pannonian Sailor [RESULTS]

18 Likes
Pikemen Morib E16 Next

Powered by Vector Advanced Dynamics

The Pikemen Morib E16 NEXT brings a true sense of substance to the bottom end of the market with ample amount of interior space, great engine performance from a 1.6-litre, 98 horsepower, four-cylinder engine driving through a revolutionary CVT transmission system, and pleasingly refined road manners. The powertrain was built from the ground up by Vector’s Advanced Dynamics team and focuses heavily on fuel economy and highway cruising comfort.

All Morib models come with dual front airbags and ABS, with a worth-getting $750 safety pack offering curtain airbags, front side airbags and driver’s side kneebags across the board.

With an MSRP of no more than AU $12,200, annual service costs of $685 and a combined fuel economy rating of just 5.8L/100km, you can rest assured it is a tremendous deal.

Photo Bomb

Made in collaboration with @HybridTronny as Pikemen, the designer.

15 Likes

One day remaining!

I have received entries from the following:

@azkaalfafa
@abg7
@nightwave
@Hilbert
@the-chowi
@mart1n2005
@Oreology
@Happyhungryhippo
@Mikonp7
@yurimacs
@Tsundere-kun / @vouge
@iivansmith
@AndiD
@IncredibleHondaFit
@JLKpro
@karhgath
@vero94773
@Portalkat42
@GetWrekt01
@Knugcab
@Fantic2000
@NormanVauxhall
@DoesStuff / @HermannMatern

Please make sure to submit an ad before (or at least within a day of when) the submission time runs out

First round will be instabins as per usual

please do keep in mind that if reviews slow down at some point, it’s because i am switching to a new PC

9 Likes

2009 WALDERSEE ATTACHE 1.6i

A collaboration with @Maxbombe

Waldersee’s strategy has always been to straddle the space in between the posh premium brands in Europe and those that could be considered “mainstream”. A necessary maneuver due to the brand’s ownership by Arlington - which was not willing to field two dealership networks in Europe - this meant that Waldersee’s big cars had to look approachable whereas its small ones had to look expensive.

Such was the case for the littlest member of the brand, Attache. Redesigned for 2009, this supposedly premium and definitely chic-looking subcompact had to sell as far west as France and as far east as Russia - so factories were equipped to produce a plethora of trim levels both up and down the market.

This base trim, simply referred to as “1.6i”, is the quintessential example: While looking as charming as any other Attache, it manages a price of AM$12,000 (AM$12,800 with the MicroMatic CVT, Entertainment Group 2, and the alloy-clad Style Package) by offering a cheap indirect-injected Arlington 4-cylinder tuned for torque, two-and-no-more airbags and a largely plastic-clad interior. Interestingly enough, all of the cars featured the same variable-assistance rack - manual steering being killed off early in the previous generation - and stability control, with Waldersee engineers deciding the top-heavy silhouette simply needed the feature to be safe. Then again, these are the same people who failed to produce further cost savings via a simpler rear suspension - a Waldersee simply had to have a full, up-to-date IRS.

Even so, the resulting econohatch ended up light on its feet, easy on the gas, and very simple to get going in the event of malfunctions. Combined with its bourgeois idiosyncrasies mentioned above, it made for a really quite compelling subcompact offering.

12 Likes

GALLERY

9 Likes
2009 EMW Montana VS
Engineered by @HermannMatern (EMW) - Designed by DoesStuff (Volato)

VS trim - starts at $13,000

How do you get a B-segment hatchback to look so good?

It’s more than “just” good-looking. The Montana is also powerful, with EMW’s newest 2-liter direct-injected, 20-valve engine that gives it 96kW/131PS/129HP, and plenty of torque for mountains, hills, or straight roads.

EMW’s computer testing has taken fuel economy to a higher level - getting 6.8L/100KM, (41.5 MPG UK, 34.5 MPG US) which is enough for anybody. Its 6-speed advanced automatic gearbox lets you choose between fuel economy and comfort, sportier driving, or select your own gears when needed.

Sitting at the larger side of the B-segment, the Montana’s extended design and spacious interior can seat 5 with plenty of luggage space in the rear. When you aren’t seating 5, you can fold the rear seats down for even more cargo space.

🔧Specifications🔧

• 1998CC “MonTek 4” M4T2 engine
    (129.4HP @ 5400RPM, 145.7lb-ft @ 3000RPM, 6000RPM maxiumum recommended RPM)
  • 6-speed advanced automatic gearbox, FWD
  • 9.2 seconds to 100km/h (62mph)
  • 2750 lbs
  • 195/55/R16 tires, steel wheels with covers
  • 95in/242cm wheelbase
  • Meets WES11 emissions standard

Image006

EMW and Volato

@HermannMatern and @DoesStuff

7 Likes

Gallery

Stats

5 Likes

Oran Yuropa CT

We know what it looks like.
It’s just a car. We promise.

You might be thinking you're looking at something special. The shiny alloy wheels and Soul Green paint job, exclusive to the CT trim level, makes it clear that whoever is inside this car is a human being that matters. Its safety ratings agree — you are important.

The reality is, when you get behind the wheel of an Oran Yuropa everything is normal. Seats, steering wheel, pedals, radio controls — it’s all exactly where you’d expect it to be. The ADE gearbox lets you choose whether to let your mind have a day off, or go for an active drive. The 2000 T11 engine has an astonishingly even delivery of its force, ensuring you get the expected result every time you press down the accelerator. The peak output of 128 bhp allows it a top speed of 212* km/h — plenty for your occasional autobahn trips. And it gets by on just 0.76L of premium fuel per 10 km.

Open the extended rear hatch and you will find over 900 litres of cargo space. Because you deserve a worry free experience every time you pack your bags. You probably don’t own anything large enough to not fit. But if you do, you could tow over 800 kg on a trailer.

*212 km/h estimated top speed, 192 km/h tested.

Gallery

MSRP 13000 gold pieces

6 Likes

<br

8 Likes

Stellar Sora 1.4 Activ

A new generation of Stellar Sora was introduced in 2007, with a crisp and angular design in line with the British marque’s new “Coat of Arms” design language, prominently featuring the pentagonal “Heraldic Shield” grille. The supermini received a new petrol engine option in 2009, the 1.4 liter 1c4c, a brand-new 3 cylinder engine family to replace the old iron-block 9d4c family. Eschewing VVL and a 4th cylinder, the all aluminum SOHC 12 valve I3 was lighter and less expensive to produce than its predecessor, while producing similar output.

20 Likes

Entries are CLOSED!, or well they do in 20 minutes…

Expect instabins shortly

5 Likes

A collaboration between @Danicoptero & @Fantic2000

12 Likes

The Corner of Despair (instabins)

Više sreće sledeći put!

@Happyhungryhippo

Reason for bin: emissions fail (WES 9)

@vouge and @Tsundere-kun

Reason for bin: incorrect naming

This really hurt. Easily the best looking car of the bunch, great stats, invalid submission.

@JLKpro

@DoesStuff and @HermannMatern

Reason for bin: breach of techpool rules

@hjuugoo

Entries that make it to the next round:

@azkaalfafa
@abg7
@nightwave
@Hilbert
@the-chowi
@mart1n2005
@Oreology
@Mikonp7
@yurimacs
@iivansmith
@AndiD
@IncredibleHondaFit
@karhgath
@vero94773
@Portalkat42
@GetWrekt01
@Knugcab
@NormanVauxhall
@Ch_Flash
@Texaslav and @Maxbombe
@TanksAreTryhards
@ScintillaBeam
@Ananas
@EnCR
@Fantic2000 and @Danicoptero
@donutsnail

13 Likes

A lot of initial engineering for this was done by @NormanVauxhall

2009 Yagihara HAPP!
I ran out of time to think of a name

It's not just a car, it's a philosophy of life; a system of governance, big words

mmm numbers (bad ones (I don't know how I fucked @NormanVauxhall 's engineering up so bad))

Engine: 1.4L N/A DOHC 4V I4
80 hp, 137 Nm, 6000 rpm
Chassis: monocoque, F: MacPherson strut, R: Semi Trailing arm
Drivetrain: FF layout, CVT gearbox
General: 1206 kg (idk how), 5.7 l/100km, 13000 AM$

Yes please I'd like to have my eyesight permanently damaged by this abomination

what dark secrets is it hiding beneath that innocent looking face?

3 Likes

:sob:
majke mi plakat ću

Sees name tagged

Yeah, figure I’d get instabinned.

Reads post

Wait, what?

aw fuck off (in minecraft)

incoherent senseless bitching and whining (pls don't click here it's a really big text wall)

like yeah I understand filtering off as many cars as possible just to not have to judge as much, but just throwing away that many people’s (I don’t even care about me being binned, I’m lucky to even be featured) hours of work and stuff for something that pointless…

I don’t see the reasoning behind doing something like that - is there a single reason apart from “it says so in the rules” that this rule should have such hard consequences? Or do I just lack the mental capacity to understand it? Because I’ve seen similar pointlessly picky bins in many challenges, and it always perplexes me.

The goal of these challenges is (I would hope) to give some reason for building cars, some friendly competition, some fun… Maybe I’m the only one with stuff to do outside automation, but I suspect at least some people “sacrifice” some other things, mostly time, in order to do this stuff, only to be met with a fat, in latvian we call it “figa”, basically nothing in return, due to having missed 4 words in the rules and thus doing something which has literally 0 effect on anything (unless I missed something).

I’m still a beginner so having entered 3 challenges, all with probably terrible cars, getting instabinned in 2 of them due to some bullshit, doesn’t really motivate me to enter further challenges (although that’s maybe fair, “did anyone ever tell you the definition of insanity?”), and for me the biggest sad is getting 0 feedback about my choices, so I don’t really understand how to improve (although I guess a good first step would be learning to read lol).

Basically, I see 0.01 upsides to these really picky bins, maybe someone can educate me.

If you read all that, I’m really sorry

1 Like

Emphasis mine. You missed a rule, so you got dismissed for breaking the rule.

You don’t break a rule in say, Soccer or Hockey, get dismissed, and then complain you broke the rule right?

2 Likes

I’m mainly bitching about the rule itself and the fact it results in such harsh consequences

Like, you don’t have rules in some school soccer (it’s called football smh) tournament about what the names of the teams have to be, and then teams getting disqualified for having a name that doesn’t comply with that rule, with no chance of correcting it (if they have missed it) or having the organizers do something about it… The competition, in my opinion, should be about playing the sport, not choosing the team name

There is long long history in this forum of missing a rule being a bin. You fucked up, you made a mistake, own it and move on. Don’t cry over spilled milk, bud.