Here are a few example to help you for this round
And here are some example for your inspiration (they’re all from ±95):
VW Golf GTI 16V, Mazda MX-5, Nissan Sunny GTi-R, Citroën Saxo VTS, Subaru Impreza GT, Toyota Corolla Levin AE111…
Say hello to Thomas. He’s a French guy of 22 years, also a car mechanic, and the most important: he saved money to buy a sports car!
He has his damn slow Jipot P3 diesel to go to work, and he really want a sports car for the week-ends, to hang out with his car guy friends, without having to ride as a passenger.
Thomas’s Jipot P3
What does he want? A sports car. Yeah but it’s vague, right?
He’s not really decided, he likes GTIs Hot hatches, light roadster, and sport sedan… But also he’s adamant with that:" I want a sports car yes, but first of all, I want a fun car, I don’t care about power, if the car is fun enough "
What are the advantage of every cars? let’s ask him:
“Hot hatches, because they are light, fun and it’s always useful to have more than 2 seats”
“Light roadster, because you know…Girls…Haha!” (yeah, this guy thinks he’ll pick up girls with a car)
“A sedan? Why not, I do not expect the same from a sedan, I would need more power if it’s heavier.”
Frank is his childhood friend, and he’s also here to advise him, and he always says: " Bro, seriously, you should take a Japanese car, you already know why."
They talk everyday about this car Thomas wants to buy, and when Frank ask him about which engine position he prefers: " Well, I don’t really care, but if the overall car is original, it’s a good point, why not a rear engine ? It could be cool, haha"
Frank: " A rear engine - facepalm - So, how much power do you want?"
Thomas:" Well, something between 130 and 200hp? actually if it’s light enough it doesn’t matter with something like 110hp, but not less. Power is good too haha"
To resume, the criteria will depend on the pedigree of the car:
- A hot hatch must be light, fun with a decent power, and have a minimum of 4 seats. (or 2+2, he doesn’t care)
- A roadster must be light too, of course fun, and no matter if it has 2 seats. But more are always welcome.
- A Sedan should be heavier, so it need more power, and must be as fun as possible.
- Whatever you build, the car must be fun anyway!
And I probably forgot to precise, but don’t forget Thomas thinks he will pick up girls with this car, so one of the main criteria is the design.
So that your car does not get eliminated from the start, this CSR has some basic criteria:
- No minimum drivability, but the higher it is, the better it is.
- A minimum of 30 Sportiness, important criteria.
- A minimum of 15 comfort, less important.
- A minimum of 35 safety, he doesn’t care about it, the law does.
- 91 RON unleaded fuel only.
- Since 1992 in France, Catalytic converters are obligatory.
- Fuel economy just have to be under 12L/100kms.
- Maximum price under $11 000 at 0%.
- Service cost? Lower is better.
- Model year from 1989 to 1995.
- Trim year from 1995 only.
- Engine year is for 1995 or older.
- Maximum Car PU of 90, Engine PU of 55
- Maximum Car ET of 35, Engine ET of 80
- Maximum loundness of 45
No more hard rules, the rest will depend of the car you make:
- The design: as I said before, it must looks cool.
- The power: No need so much power if it’s light enough, but hp are always welcome.
- The weight: Not so much, depend on what you build, but try to make it as light as possible, without compromise other criteria.
- Reliability: He’s a car mechanic yes, but that’s not a reason, the more you have, is better.
Don’t forget what Thomas said about this, there is no a miraculous recipe, an heavy sedan, if well crafted, is better than a bad GTI.
Don’t try to hit the “Fun” or other market, I won’t judge this. (But consider you missed something if you hit offroad at 100)
Car model name: CSR69 - < username >
Car Trim Name: Full name of the car
Engine Family Name: CSR69 - < username >
Engine Variant Name: Engine name or whatever
THE DEADLINE IS SATURDAY 14th APRIL 2018 AT 19H00 UTC+2
(Thanks to the Discord fagolas for the help and Vri404 for the grammar check)
PS: forgot to say, but like each CSR, to submit you have to post an ad of you car down here and send me your sub of course.