Drag Racing Challenge ROUND 13: 3 Cylinders Light Weight Sport Budget! Deadline 15/11/2016

Whoa.

Shit mate, I’m writing that down.

:hushed:

I will also continue to use the current stable release. The problems afflicting the open beta are too much of a hindrance for me right now.

@abg7 I just tried running stable and it died to Lua errors before even getting to a menu. :open_mouth:

I had the same issue when trying to revert :frowning:

I vote stable, but I don’t have the time to change and test the LUA errors right now. So I go for what you decide.

(PS: Lua in portuguese means moon, just for curiosity)

If you wnat to revert back, you must revert the automation folder as well. Just expand lastest backup zip over current map and it will work fine.

I’m finding it hard to even reach 70 safety with advanced and +4 in slider. Which is crazy.

I got 69 safety with advanced safety and monocoque chassis. But it was in beta.

Yeah, I have a AHS steel monocoque chassis and advanced safety with +2 in slider and I can’t even crack 60. On beta, too.

I don’t think beta/stable has anything to do with safety. Try bigger bodies (I’m guessing you went straight into smallest suv-so did I) and steel panels. You’ll still need advanced safety +quality tho

That’s exactly what I did. Switched to a new body, with no quality slider, I got it to 68.4

Count me out though. I won’t make it underneath the price cap. I’m barely meeting the requirements and I’m at 32k with no markup.

Using a large body, all-steel construction with AHS steel in the chassis and advanced safety with +5 quality gave me 70 safety exactly, and yet I remained under budget.

Edit: The SUV I am planning to enter in this round managed a 25-second run over the half-mile on off-road tires. How can this be improved while still meeting all eligibility requirements? With the engine I’m using, I am barely below the cost cap and am unlikely to stay under it if I enlarge the engine.

What time did you run in the 1/2 mile then? I could meet all the requirements and run a ~24 second 1/2 mile but I was over the price cap by a lot, close to 6k.

I would say bigger engine. More power. Remember, there is no MPG limit. Under 24 sec will be a must to be competitive.

I need 4.1 more offroad points without spending more than $400. Then I’ll be in, and putting down times under 24 seconds. I can say with certainty I won’t even place in the top 5.

You could make the fuel mixture richer, allowing you to increase the compression ratio.

I have a doubt, 4 doors pick-ups are included at the challenge? Like a Toyota Hilux?

1 Like

They should have 4 doors, and 5 seats and be made between 2000 and 2010. The Hilux works.

@Nomade0013 I have. The AFR is nearly at it’s richest setting and compression is pretty high too. I’m sorted, never mind it.

Do we score bonus points for high utility or ride height, extra seats, etc?

Try using progressive springs with active dampers, it will need a lot of tuning to give you a good comfort and won’t give you a good offroad, but saves a lot of money. To me that was a great idea. Now I just need more 2.7 in offroad to make it good. Then tuning to lower the time, I’m doing now 24-low, really low, but not enough.

Do you mean bonus points at the challenge? At the challenge no, there is no bonus points, you just need to make the fastest car that enter the requirements.

1 Like

@JohnWaldock sorry to drag you in, could you confirm that all entries must be made in the open beta?

yes, please.

that was in the op, and so it shall stay. (plus my stable is more broken than BritBrit in 2007)

1 Like