Drag Racing Challenge ROUND 13: 3 Cylinders Light Weight Sport Budget! Deadline 15/11/2016

within 10 years of 2010. so 2000-2010 bodies only

2 Likes

Swanson 1/2 mile.

Guys step up your game :slight_smile: If you feel like you are hitting the wall, ask for tips.

Rule suggestion, heavy work trucks and SUVs need to haul lots of people as well as tow stuff, Iā€™d say a minimum of 5 seats should also be included.

These rules are tough! I found it challenging enough to build a car that meets the minimum requirements, much less has a quick 1/2 mile time.

Iā€™m out. I have too little time, and this is simply too hard.

Donā€™t quit!!! Just try to build a car that matches the rules and then youā€™ll learn a lot about designing to a specific target. You donā€™t have to have a winning entrant; just by entering a viable car then youā€™ve won!

3 Likes

If you canā€™t complete the requirements, change bodies and try a different tact. Itā€™s often easier with a different body size or configuration.

One more thing: What tire types are permitted for use in this round?

Anything.

As long as the final criteria are met, itā€™s all good.

So something like this?

3 Likes

Yep but I donā€™t think thereā€™s an Automation car in existance thatā€™ll match his 60 foot. :sweat_smile:

Let me get this straight: these bodies (underlined in blue) are the ones I can choose as long as they have 4 doors?

yes but not the station wagon

Actually Iā€™m not sure, the rules say SUV bodies including wagons and Utes, is that just aussy slang for pickups and SUVs? Or does it allow some sweet power station wagons/estates?

1 Like

Ok so if I was reading it as an Aussie wagon simply refers to a full bodied SUV such as a Nissan patrol or Toyota Land Cruiser not a station wagon such as a ford mondeo or commodore wagon. Now the ute part simply refers to any vehicle that has a tray of some sort fitted that is not a small truck. The best example I can think of for someone across the pond would be to wiki nissan patrol Australian models if it has a full body regardless of the amount of doors itā€™s a van if it has a tray regardless of the amount of doors itā€™s a ute

ie: WAGON 4x4

UTE 4x4

Tradies Ute would be something like a commodore/falcon or Hilux.

Sports utes would be Commodore SS or Ford Xr8/xr6t

Super Utes would be HSV maloo or Ford Pursuit

2 Likes

Just to be sure:
So no utes like commodore ute, more like pickups?
And strictly 4x4 no AWD?

This is quite a strict rule set :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ramthecowy @nialloftara Actually if you mouseover the 4WD shape in Automation, it comes up with ā€˜SUV bodiesā€™. These are the only bodies used in the challenge - there may be some crossover with the utility shapes also but this I didnā€™t check. Dark is probably right there.

So there are 5 possible body styles to select from, but any sub style chosen must have 4 doors.

@AirJordan Hey, I thought I was being quite lenient - I had a few other ideas jumping around in my head to constrain it further but wanted to get the criteria out sooner rather then later.
This challenge emphasizes engine tuning more than body weight tweaking.

3 Likes

Champions pick rule was to have a minimum of 5 seats, and Breakout champ picked 1/2 mile races

One of the rare cases where I would strongly disagree with you as the highest engine power and torque is yet to really effect times compared to a well thought out chassis, gearbox and aero, and wheelspin.

4 Likes

Iā€™m a stupid, where do you do this?

far left bottom icon in body selection. And your not stupid alrightā€¦get it through your head that you are very clever and very well spoken, If IRL people are shite to you thatā€™s their loss mate not yours.

1 Like