Drag Racing Challenge ROUND 13: 3 Cylinders Light Weight Sport Budget! Deadline 15/11/2016

I was joking earlier, but I am flattered, you are too kind. I am nothing more than average in every way. :smile: thanks @Darkshine5

OK everybody I have a very important question and I am not sure how to do a poll soā€¦

While the open beta is fixing itā€™s bugs do we want to go to the stable build while this is happening, because at this stage I would ask everyone to send entries directly to John as I am in open beta and my sandbox as well as my campaign is not good at this stage

@ramthecowy

mate I was very like you when I was younger. I had no self-esteem, I thought I was below everybody else, Thought I was just a dumb quiet bush kid. But you know what I wasnā€™t, I was unique. Your life can only be what you make it not what everyone else want you to make of it. For me it was The Legion and my families history that finally hammered into my head that just because people didnā€™t like me or understand me doesnā€™t matter. It means sweet fuck all. You only have to trust in yourself to realize that you do not need the acceptance of anybody but yourself.

3 Likes

Iā€™m building in stable and vote for stable since beta is not go for my poor worker. Although I believe cars are acceptable in both versions.

EDIT: so far Iā€™m barely able to crack 24sā€¦ ugh no negative quality, 70 safety and 55 offroad are killing me.

1 Like

I vote for beta, because Iā€™m too lazy to revert to stable (itā€™s literally just 5 clicks, but its TOO. MUCH. WORK.)

Youā€™re absolutely right - Iā€™m just trying to narrow it down some.
1/2 mile introduces some interesting challenges.

I vote stable.

@AirJordan Youā€™ll do well mate, donā€™t sandbag! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Whoa.

Shit mate, Iā€™m writing that down.

:hushed:

I will also continue to use the current stable release. The problems afflicting the open beta are too much of a hindrance for me right now.

@abg7 I just tried running stable and it died to Lua errors before even getting to a menu. :open_mouth:

I had the same issue when trying to revert :frowning:

I vote stable, but I donā€™t have the time to change and test the LUA errors right now. So I go for what you decide.

(PS: Lua in portuguese means moon, just for curiosity)

If you wnat to revert back, you must revert the automation folder as well. Just expand lastest backup zip over current map and it will work fine.

Iā€™m finding it hard to even reach 70 safety with advanced and +4 in slider. Which is crazy.

I got 69 safety with advanced safety and monocoque chassis. But it was in beta.

Yeah, I have a AHS steel monocoque chassis and advanced safety with +2 in slider and I canā€™t even crack 60. On beta, too.

I donā€™t think beta/stable has anything to do with safety. Try bigger bodies (Iā€™m guessing you went straight into smallest suv-so did I) and steel panels. Youā€™ll still need advanced safety +quality tho

Thatā€™s exactly what I did. Switched to a new body, with no quality slider, I got it to 68.4

Count me out though. I wonā€™t make it underneath the price cap. Iā€™m barely meeting the requirements and Iā€™m at 32k with no markup.

Using a large body, all-steel construction with AHS steel in the chassis and advanced safety with +5 quality gave me 70 safety exactly, and yet I remained under budget.

Edit: The SUV I am planning to enter in this round managed a 25-second run over the half-mile on off-road tires. How can this be improved while still meeting all eligibility requirements? With the engine Iā€™m using, I am barely below the cost cap and am unlikely to stay under it if I enlarge the engine.

What time did you run in the 1/2 mile then? I could meet all the requirements and run a ~24 second 1/2 mile but I was over the price cap by a lot, close to 6k.

I would say bigger engine. More power. Remember, there is no MPG limit. Under 24 sec will be a must to be competitive.

I need 4.1 more offroad points without spending more than $400. Then Iā€™ll be in, and putting down times under 24 seconds. I can say with certainty I wonā€™t even place in the top 5.