Drag Racing Challenge ROUND 13: 3 Cylinders Light Weight Sport Budget! Deadline 15/11/2016

dammit. i was late to submit. damn exam week

I am not sure rolling the dice is the best way to run a racing challenge, if Im honest.

You mean May?

Dearly beloved, we are here today to send our good friend, huh? Oh wrong blurb…

First Order Automotive would like to enter our…erm…Hearse Consort… for the wagon drag race. Even though it only has 4 seats…and room for one more in the back…it’s still a wagon…honest!! In fact we’ve got a body in the back for added ballast!

Only joking…

We do, however, have a 4L V8 Turbo, producing 681 hp to the back wheels…not quite your regular hearse!

We agree that it’s a bit understated…but it is a hearse after all.

And may you fumble all of your dice rolls…

2 Likes

Well, when most companies have left the wagon far behind, Storm Automotive still sees potential in it.

Naturally, a need to get the next generation into wagons led to this monster of a luxury wagon.

The Storm Scorpion isn’t your average luxury vehicle. Not quite as luxurious as a full-fledged luxury car, this evil corporate cruiser packs 7 liters of V12 fury delivered to the ground through the rear wheels by a highly-tuned sequential transmission.

Now I know what you’re thinking. This beast of a wagon is surely just a one-off creation, right?

Wrong. A good sleeper is one that can be bought by anyone, and the price was kept low on this one to allow anyone to experience V12 fury at least once in their life. Go ahead, floor it and wake the dead, because if you’re not driving a Scorpion, you’re about to get stung.

1 Like

Presenting the 2015 Bogliq Coyote Shooting Brake!!!

Want a sportscar but need to move a family of five? Do you want to go under very low bridges without fear?

Well, if you (rather strangely, lol) say yes to both of these questions then this Coyote is for you!

As always…

Buy better, buy Bogliq!

2 Likes

juliusgraham5485 - Mulga.zip (161.3 KB)

The official pace car of the event use her as inspiration

2 Likes

so far… i’m quite literally overpowering you guys. let’s just say i reached almost 180hp/liter with the ‘average’ sized engine

1 Like

I’m working on an entry. Sounds like fun!

Don’t have time for a write up, but here’s Howler Firebrand.

4 litre turbo V8 with a fair bit of oomph.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken that’s one of the spam defences… after some time (or better some number of unflagged posts) you will gain the “badge” that will also allow you to send pm.

1 Like

So some of Erin’s engineers, who’d heard about the Drag Racing Challenge, got their hands on a spare Tauga SB (shooting brake) and converted it for the competition…

The luxury interior has been stripped out and replaced with a roll cage and bucket seats, the efficient i6 that once powered it has now been changed out for the same 3.8l V8 found in the Scarlet and tuned to 548 bhp, and the suspension, tires and aero have been fully reworked to complement straight line speed.

A few styling changes here and there, including a new front splitter and rear diffuser, and poof! The Tauga SB DragMod was born.

4 Likes

I’ll soon send in something to deffend the title :wink:

Hello, my friends, today we from GAM Industries decided to bring our most recent sport-wagon, the Nomad.

In this version, the Type N Custom, it has an 3.0L Inline-6 Turbo engine, making 524hp @ 7000rpm.

If you want comfort with amazing power and plenty room to take anything with you, you want the GAM Nomad.

2 Likes

When Jorma in Jorma’s Car Workshop heard rumors about a drag race, he built a car. This is what he came up with:

The Utilitarist. Powered by twin-turbo V6 and transferring the power to the back wheels by a 6-speed manual transmission, this car will leave your average Mondeo in its dust.

Only 30 of these exists, because Jorma became bored building the same car over and over again. Maybe he will make a new model someday…

2 Likes

For tracking purposes, where are we in relation to the deadline of this round?

It’s in the topic title…

oh LOL my bad, I misread the date because in Australia we use dd/mm/yyyy, not mm/dd/yyyy. Should probably fix that on the Tracker, too…

I’ll see myself out…

Smooth Nightmare V8

“Sir! Sir! why is it called Nightmare?”
“Well I’m glad you asked little Timmy. Some say that’s because it’s got a black hole in the trunk, others simply because nobody ever survived top speed test run…”

“…all we know is, it’s a blody monster!”

4 Likes

Now make a street legal boy racer version and call it “smooth criminal”

5 Likes