Fleet Challenge 1: Mafia, Archana 1990 [SUBMISSIONS CLOSED; JUDGING IN PROGRESS]

I’ll stick to the current stable release for now - long story short, the OB is different enough from it that it significantly affects submissions attributes (and hence scoring).

In the meantime, here’s a WIP of my second submission: the AMS Albite V8 4.0.

If I were to submit it, I would pitch it as a general-purpose personnel transport for the various gangs of Archana and Dalluha.

1 Like
speemb
Saberin Motori
CH2 Solsti 2000 R
Okay. We get it. You're 17. This is the car that's hanging on the wall. This is the car that you keep bragging to friends you will buy. This is the car that your parents dread. It's rear-engine, rear-wheel-drive. It's a bit of a handful to control. It will keep you on your toes. It will forcibly teach you those advanced clutch techniques that your instructor says you probably never will need. It will force you...to have fun.

No, it’s not perfect. But we try. It’s got a five-speed manual, it’s got dual overhead cams. It’s got variable valve timing. It’s got variable valve lift. It’s got performance intakes. It’s got tubular headers. Apart from that laundry list of sporting features, it’s just like any other car. It will get you from A to B, and it will get 33 miles to the gallon doing so. It will seat four, and it will carry the shopping with you.

But there’s so much fun to be had in this thing. It’s rear-drive, with wide tires and responsive steering. Its suspension keeps the wheels planted, the premium cassette stereo keeps you entertained. What more do you need from a practical sports car?

Pics or it didn't happen

3 Likes

Bergmann LSS 450 DAG

Though not the newest member of the Bergmann family, and certainly due for a new generation, the 1991 LSS 450 DAG is still the ultimate midsized bruiser. Taking the knowledge attained during the Maul programme, DAG’s work results in a comfortable and supremely quick sedan. With the V8’s displacement bumped up to 4.5 litres and a new five-speed transmission, the LSS gets comfortably close to the 300 km/h mark, making it great for high-speed driving and motorway runs. For the new decade, Bergmann also introduces a traction control system, keeping all of its 305 hp in line.

FMW 660 L12

This avant-garde luxury sedan is next to none when it comes to passenger comfort and luxury. With the rare E-H-P suspension system, Digital Compact Disc playback with ten speakers, four-passenger Executive Seating package with leather and wool surfaces and all of the latest safety and driver assistance systems, this FMW 660 L12 is the ultimate machine for transporting the most important among us in utter comfort and safety. The naturally-aspirated V12 provides smooth and ample power, so as not to bother anyone inside while driving at over 320 km/h (with the optional speed-limiter removal package).

FMW 646 CR8

Also based on the FMW 600 Class, the 646 Coupé is the marque’s flagship when it comes to motorway cruisers. Implementing state-of-the-art technologies, such as adaptive dampers and electronic traction control, as well as a comfortable leather interior, it strikes the perfect balance between performance and comfort. The CR8 package removes the speed limiter, adds a limited-slip differential and removes the rear seats. For those late-night service station rest stops, the passenger seat can recline fully flat, making it the best place to spend the night.

3 Likes

Three announcements:

1. The timeliness of this challenge is currently in doubt. I can’t take on a time committment like this, at this…um, time. At the same…er, time (dammit), I’d like a few more entries. Is everyone ok with this pushed back three weeks?

2. Archana in 1990 is a harsh environment, to a degree that few who grew up in the First World have seen, and we’re dealing directly with armed criminals. Participation is at your own risk of being offended by death, destruction, and various depravity.

3. Similarly harsh will be the scrutineering, where very little will be binned but instead made to suffer the consequences of engineering and design choices, with the sole exception of the details of any forced induction setups. No rear window triangle? Windows can’t roll down. Zero cooling airflow? It’s going to overheat. Atrocious brake fade? Brakes overheat and catch the driver off-guard in one hard stop, resulting in more death, destruction, and so on.

4 Likes

I am fine with three more weeks, the interesting question in that case is OB or Stable? After all, a challenge where you are allowed to build multiple cars should also have a rather long timespan IMO.

With all the bugginess the OB has right now, I’d suggest sticking to the stable release, in addition to a three-week deadline extension.

As for my second submission, here is what it looks like now:

It’s got a 276bhp 4.0L V8 driving the rear wheels via an advanced auto gearbox - plenty for most gangsters looking to make a getaway.

1 Like

We’re staying on Stable, definitely for now and most likely til the end.

3 Likes

Good choice. In its current state, even after the first few patches, the OB is still too buggy for my tastes - besides, it’s significantly more complex than the stable release this challenge is being hosted on.

Also, I’ve made a test mule each for a small, light, and nimble Scout/Courier meant for the Dalluhan Mafia, and a larger, faster Wares Runner intended for the Youngbloods - I might even consider making a Cargo Schlepper for the Old Guard if I feel like it.

I see where this comes from :smirk:… Thema 8.32, right?

So…are we now on the extended deadline or not?

Yes.

oh yeah, it’s her alright. didn’t wanna make the usual benz or bmw, so i decided to make this italian beauty instead :wink:

Trafford Azura R

Coachbuilt in Hetvesia, fit for a Monarch.

Trafford prides itself on one thing, and one thing only: the fact that since 1909 we have built nothing except the finest of the finest, upper echelon, cream of the crop of motor vehicles. We pride ourselves on staying true to tradition while also driving to innovate and explore more and more and more. The all-new Azura follows in those very steps, and aims to project Trafford into the future, though remaining true to its roots.

A great automobile begins with a great powerplant. While performance never was our main consideration, the Azura is fitted with our biggest, smoothest of the smoothest, 6.75l V12 engine, capable of putting out 406 refined, plain sailing horsepower. While in past days, 4 large carburetors would have been dumping petrol in this powerplant, our all-new Computerized Multi Point Fuel Injection delivers the exact amount of fuel needed at exactly the right time, for smooth, easy power and 305 km/h top speed, at which it is as relaxing as going 105.

A 4-speed advanced automatic transmission has been chosen as a comfortable and refined choice for the engine with which it is paired, 4-seat interior to guarantee maximum comfort for you, who will be sitting in the rear, chauffeured around (a 3 seater model is also available), with the highest of craftmanship reserved for the inside. Mahogany wood throughout all of the vehicle, and cowhide seats only from Black Angus and Brahman cows (though Crocodile leather is available from our “Trafford Unique Works” catalogue.

With our first dealership in Archana opening later this year, it will give access to a new market, hopefully they will be fascinated by what almost a hundred years of craftmanship can offer.

totally not a rolls royce silver spirit
6 Likes

Here are my other three entries. First up is the…

'91 SVP Starcrow Turbo

A nippy compact 2+2 sports coupe proposed as a Scout/Courier for the Dalluhan Mafia, starting from just $15k AMU.

Next is the…

'91 WM Wolfclaw V12 6.0

Intended to be the Youngbloods’ Wares Runner, this 2-seater V12-powered grand tourer strikes a balance between sportiness, drivability, comfort, and prestige.

And last but not least:

'91 SVM Ibex 4.0 Cargo Van

This is meant to be the Old Guard’s Cargo Schlepper, with enough load space, cargo capacity, and off-road capability for their heavy-duty hauling needs.

5 Likes

Switching back to stable to enter here is difficult and annoying, why should I do that?

BECAUSE I WILL DO THE CO-HOSTING

That means Primus Globus will not enter BUT hunt you!
Police General Nikolai Chevchenko makes no prisoners and his 1988 Primus Imperator 550X will test your entries REALLY HARD. Make sure you built cars that are good enough to escape.

5 Likes

Co-hosting FC1 might be difficult if you won’t use Stable. But contributing visuals, I’d welcome that.

Yep, that is the plan. It won’t be a second CSCS to Not Mix it all Up, but some visual candy might be the result, depending on the Stories I get.

Due partly to technical difficulties running both versions, I would like people’s opinions on switching to the Open Beta, with an extension:

• Keep current deadline (10/22) and Stable.
  • Extend deadline by a week, have everyone resubmit in Open Beta.
  • Extend deadline by more than a week, switch to OB.

0 voters

LITTORIA OLYMPIA V8 "SPECIALE"
It doesn't get more special than this

This is a new wave. Like the 80s fever dream it is, a Depeche Mode song on 4 wheels, it's stylishly retro, almost nostalgic, yet projected towards the future. It's a battle against tradition, against a market that has never been Littoria's strong suit, the market of super cars, dominated by makes such as Beghelli, the best of the best. While it may not have been a track demon, it sure could make up for the lack of track pedigree, with everything else. A first ever for Littoria, able to chip away even at Beghelli's market.

Light and simple, made out of a fibreglass shell and a corrosion-resistant monocoque chassis, almost directly derived from Littoria’s rally prototypes in GR.X. Under the rear glass, a 3.5L V8, but mind you, it is not the Beghelli Corsacorta found in the Iulia, it’s directly taken from the GT-Class Iulia R, mildly detuned for street use, and placed in the Olympia, the Littoria G8-R. A dual overhead cam aluminum V8, with two large turbines, pushing out 421 horse-power, about the same as Beghelli’s V12s at the time at half the price, but it did not sound like a Fruinian V8 at all. Because of the cross-plane crankshaft, the sound could only be described as “brash, rowdy and completely unkempt” reminding you more of a Gasmean muscle car than a refined Fruinian supercar.

The Olympia Speciale differs from the regular Olympia, as it is meant to celebrate Littoria’s victories in motorsports. Different wheels, racing stripes, badging, and interior details complement this. Speaking of interior, it is on a whole another level compared to the competition, truly showing the fact that, you can put as much white cloth you want, you can’t cover the racecar underneath. Push-start ignition (with key beforehand of course), ergonomic steering wheel, gated manual gearbox, electronic dashboard, but also…comfy leather seats? Radio as standard and air conditioning? (Beghellis don’t have that!), a soft, easy to use clutch? This truly shows the dichotomy between racecar and cruiser that is prevalent within this car.

Littoria Olympia: Semplicemente, non c’è nulla di meglio.

5 Likes

Introducing the 1991 Rhania Derogator Pináculo!