From Geneva to Le Mans -REVIEW 1 OUT

Measure the width of your car.

1 Like

Progression of the LMH so far (Road Car)...

After looking at feedback I've got, I decided to change a bit of the design on some areas, now it looks a bit more agressive and possible better than the last one..

5 Likes

yo that body is too wide, you’ll get disqualified :frowning:

3 Likes

Got it, I was focusing intently on the road car, not realizing the pitfall.

Thanks for explaining it and also thanks for making it rhyme.

3 Likes
Hey.

Steve Jobs once said “we’re here to put a dent in the universe.” What we do today must leave a statement that expands for many tomorrows. Even if our suns set, those whose suns rise will be inspired to follow in our bold path. Our work must be black holes that suck attention past the event horizon…

…and that is why the BMW XM is the greatest car of all time.

Oh, shoot, I didn’t see you there. I was practicing pitching an idea for a meeting tomorrow. What time is it again?

10:30 PM

oh wait

2/21/2023

The feedback deadline has expired.

Thank you to those who submitted. This is quite a busy time for all of us, and we appreciate your patience in waiting for our feedback. We wanted to set this early since we knew it would be paramount to get feedback to participants with enough time to implement our suggestions. Our goal is to give at least a week for our suggestions to be implemented, so they should come sometime this week or next week. In any case, I need to keep practicing…

Only 22.5 hours late with this announcement, thank goodness nobody submitted after the deadline.

13 Likes
This is the ÖKUL S99 model lineup
Brainchild of the NH division, the S99 is Ökul's take on modern hypercar.

In our minds, the art of modern hypercar is finding balance between power and aero.
The S99 NH is powered by an elecrically assisted 4-litre 6 cylinder boxer and features our most intricate aerodynamic solution ever.

It was designed from ground up with one primary purpose - to go fast.
And go fast it will, as Ökul NH Motorsport will be taking the S99 to arguably the hardest race of them all - Le Mans.

Meet the ÖKUL S99 NH & S99 NHMS LM.

Pictures of Ökul S99 NH

Spec sheet of Ökul S99 NH

Wheelbase, length & widht 2.88 m / 4.90 m / 2.09 m
Weight 1371 kg
Chassis Mid-engined
Carbon fiber tub, carbon fiber rear subframe
Panels Carbon fiber
Powertrain Ökul O-EB6 4.0 (A20) NHt
815.0 hp @ 6700 rpm, 955.0 Nm @ 3800 rpm,
redline @ 8000 rpm
+ 3 electric motors
Drivetrain ICU paired to 7-speed dual clutch transmission driving rear wheels
2 electric motors driving front wheels
0 - 100 km/h 2.20 s
Top speed 330+ km/h
Wheels Magnesium rims, sport compound tyres
Front: 21" rims, 305/35R21 104(Y) tyres
Rear: 21" rims, 335/30R21 106(Y) tyres
Brakes NH carbon ceramic
Front: 375 mm discs, 6 piston calipers
Rear: 375 mm discs, 4 piston calipers
100 - 0 km/h 28.5 m
Interior & luggage 2 lightweight carbon fibre sport seats, lined in lightweight leather
2 storage compartments under rear clamshell, in front of rear wheels
Production run 99 units

Pictures of Ökul S99 NHMS LM

Spec sheet of Ökul S99 NHMS LM

Wheelbase, length & widht 2.88 m / under 5.20 m / under 2.1 m
Weight 1100 kg
Chassis Mid-engined
Carbon fiber tub, carbon fiber rear subframe
Panels Carbon fiber
Powertrain Ökul O-EB6 4.0 (A20) NHt MS
804.5 hp @ 7400 rpm, 874.2 Nm @ 5800 rpm,
redline @ 8000 rpm
+ electric motor
Drivetrain ICU paired to 7-speed sequential transmission driving rear wheels
Electric motor driving front wheels
0 - 100 km/h 2.6 s
Top speed 340+ km/h
Wheels Magnesium rims, Duchemin race tyres
Front: 18" rims, 310/45R18 tyres
Rear: 18" rims, 340/40R18 tyres
Brakes NHMS carbon ceramic
Front: 375 mm discs, 6 piston calipers
Rear: 375 mm discs, 4 piston calipers
100 - 0 km/h 25.8 m

Ökul Mobility Group, 2023

18 Likes

There’s no way that it could be anything other than a twin-turbo hybrid hypercar - and an amazing-looking one at that.

1 Like

This is one of those times when I get to wondering if we’re playing the same game or if it’s like back when I first picked it up and didn’t realize that the fun was happening in the beta channels. The amount of change compared with the base body is incredible, and the fact it is smooooth, no less.

3 Likes

Final update: Road-legal Roadster and race-only GTP

8 Likes

Pretty much done
official sub coming soon

7 Likes

UPDATE:

You may have noticed it is just 3 days before the deadline ends, but the last round of feedback still has not been released. Real life has gotten in the way and it will most likely come out this weekend.

To those who have submitted their cars for the last round of feedback, we apologise for this inconvenience and have decided to extend the deadline one more time so that you (hopefully) have ample time to act on our feedback and make changes.

The new deadline for submissions is Sunday, 12th March 2023.

14 Likes

Car sneak peek level: You VS The guy she tells you not to worry about

Racing mods are pretty much done, now onto interiors for the final sub

3 Likes

Feedback IV: Fire in the pitlane

foreshadowing

[ fawr-shad-oh-ing ]

an indication of something that will happen in the future, often used as a literary device to hint at or allude to future plot developments

Now that the other hosts are getting bogged down with real life, I’ve been tasked with writing some of these reviews. Will I be good at it?

…well you can be the judge of that.

Only two reviews in the interest of time, the next two will come out tomorrow if all is well.

You Violated the Google Terms of Service

@BannedByAndroid

Before we dig into this, let’s recall what kind of cars we want for this challenge.
For the road car, we don’t necessarily want you to create the most track focused car ever made, but a pedestrian supercar definitely wouldn’t cut it either. It has to be something attractive and exclusive, as well as being very potent in terms of performance. With that in mind, let’s take a look at this thing.

Imagine that you’re in an ocean of supercars and sports cars like 911s and R8s, and then you spotted this thing, would you pay special attention to it?

…probably not.

This car suffers from the unfortunate choice of body here. It’s too small to give it the road presence of a usual hypercar, and the lack of any morphs at all means it’s stuck with the unfortunate proportions of uhhh…

Anyways… there was only one pic supplied for the latest version, and I think the other judges have already covered this car quite well, so onto the race version.

Recall the chart of good vs bad examples for race cars. I’d say this falls squarely into the “Nah” category.

Part of the problems stem from it looking like a supercar in the first place. A long-tailed, low-slung approach would only help here. The aero might be more extreme than the Huracan example shown above, but the overall package here isn’t enough to be a Hypercar.

For example, the rear wing and double fins seems to be more form over function, with some bits feeling disconnected while the wing planes are too connected. Even with a single fin (which is probably a more effective solution), the rear wing planes can be directly supported without the extra supports which are attached at the bottom and disturb downforce-producing airflow on the bottom plane. Especially if those endplates are also connected to the pieces down by the diffuser, much like how the Senna GTR does it.

A larger diffuser would also be beneficial here. Overall, the aero package just needs to be made more purposeful in order to bring it up to standard.

Finally, the livery. It’s not the worst we have seen, but more can be done to make it more exciting. For example, you can try playing with some angled graphics on the side instead of plain straight stripes running horizontally. The vertical stripes running down the car also feel a bit stiff where they dive down into the bonnet vents. I suggest using a couple more fixtures there for a cleaner curve.

Lastly, it would probably make your sponsors happier if their logos weren’t black on dark grey, rendering them almost invisible from a glance. Definitely not what you want for visibility on a billboard going 150+ on the track.

TL;DR: the race car looks ready to rock for LMS, not LMH. This can be attributed to its template not pushing boundaries far enough to break the supercar world’s escape velocity. This body could use some 3D modifications to beat the squatting allegations. Additionally, the race car could learn well from more radical aerodynamic solutions including a more purposeful splitter, diffuser, and wing. Further polishing would greatly help both the car and livery.

Next up, the return of a familiar face.

MustangPorsche67

@MustangPorsche67

please completely and utterly destroy give me feedback on my car

As you wish. :boom:

Since our very friendly feedback last time, MustangPorsche has decided to start over again. As we understand from one of the whopping 25 posts you posted in the thread, the new car is inspired by this concept sketch from the Detomaso P72 designer.

Pretty cool.
Now let’s take a look at your car.

yeah we can’t see much in that pic

Thankfully we have these, which I’m assured is the same car just without the tweaked greenhouse.

Since this post is coming out late, we also had a chance to get a glimpse of the race version.

Now, I remember giving some of my initial thoughts on the road version when those pics were first shown in the Discord.

Both in the very dark lead pic and the similarly dark showcase pic with the race car, I don’t see any evidence that this feedback has been acted upon, except for the tweaked cockpit area which I will give credit for as it does massively improve on the awfully dated design on the previous iteration.

Other than that, I won’t repeat myself talking about the exterior.

Curiously, this interior shot wasn’t sent in the forum DM but instead on Discord. Weird, but whatever, I got it anyway.

genericmoderninterior.jpg

For something so clearly intended to be retro-inspired on the outside (execution is a different story), the interior is shockingly boring, with a huge center console reminiscent of the Toyota Mega Cruiser. Ok, maybe it’s not quite that big, but its bulk is still very out of place in an already cramped space and the lack of detail certainly doesn’t help.

See below for examples of good interior styles that would fit the exterior much better than the current snooze-inducing offer.

Onto the race car.

yeah i had to go find a brighter pic for this

Compared to the road car, there’s minimal bodywork changes - a new rear wing, louvres over the fenders, two small dive planes, and a slightly enlarged front splitter. If the road car was an extreme design like the McLaren Senna or the AM Valkyrie, minimal changes could work for a race version. But even those cars had drastic modifications and wild aero for their track variants. Point is, this is simply not enough to make a race car worthy of Le Mans.

Once again, De Tomaso provides the perfect example for me to show what kind of transformation is necessary for a Le Mans Hypercar.

The current livery also leaves us wanting more. A lot more. The plain black scheme and Italian influence unfortunately reminds me of an Andrea Moda, but even that disaster of a Formula One car had more sponsors than this.

Lastly, please reread the entire technical regulations document thoroughly, especially articles 1.4 and 8.2, to see what is required for your race entry to actually pass technical inspection.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Full disclosure: if these two cars are submitted as is, they will be binned.

There is clear potential in your retro-inspired ideas, but unfortunately this execution falls short of any greatness and is quite a far cry from the concept sketch used as initial inspiration.

We have just extended the deadline by a whole week, so I highly suggest you review all the feedback that has been given so far both here and on the Discord and make some major improvements.

IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle. However, if you are in possession of the XM, you always emerge victorious.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

oh and also this is a reminder that please take your time and make a detailed post about your car in the thread when you do the formal submission. For the details please revisit last page of the original post in this thread. The 🇽🇲 awaits.

REMINDER: The new deadline for submissions is Sunday, 12th March 2023.

13 Likes

Quick question, are those the only cars that will get aero feedback? I sent some pictures of my cars about 2 weeks ago

2 Likes

We’ll get to your car in the next and final feedback post. We already had our opinions on it and now we’re just organizing them into words.

3 Likes

Reiter’s LeMans Hypercar category entry

Street legal ver.

The 2023 Reiter Vector RS-1

LeMans Hypercar ver.

The 2023 Reiter Vector RS-1 LM

and well, that’s all xd

5 Likes

my honest reaction to my roast:

shit embed fail

Walter White Walter GIF - Walter White Walter Falling - Discover & Share GIFs

there

1 Like

2023 Milano Fenice

The brand-new Milano Fenice V12 represents the latest and greatest in hypercar performance. Combining high speed and acceleration with high downforce cornering, the Fenice is sure to get the heart racing.

Made for the wealthy privateer, the Fenice V8 Corsa builds upon the road car in order to dominate the LMH circuit.

V12 Gallery

V8 Corsa Gallery

Gallery

7 Likes

A friendly reminder to all participants:

You must follow the regulations BOTH in the slides at the top of this thread and the technical regulations document to pass technical inspection.

failure to follow the guildelines will result in your entry being

c̸̡̪̗̺̜̯̯͕͇͙͍̪̈́̓͜͝o̷̜͕͍̎̏̑̔͊̓̈̓͒͐́̉̓͆̌ň̷͎̪̤͕͈͆̚͝͝s̴̮̰̪̠̱̘̮̟͔̹̻͙̼̘̗̐̓́͑̎̕͝ų̷̬̦͎̩͍͇̝̤̼̟̳̼́̉̄̒̾̿̑̋̈̄͋m̵̧̫̣̥̩̖̘̲̦̘̅̌̐̓̏̆̿̾̓͆̈́͋̒͌͝e̴̛͇͍̍̌͋̅̉̾͆̉̆́̏d̷̢̒̏́͌̒͛̉̉̃̋̂͘͝

12 Likes

2023 Milano Fenice V12 Corsa

With the threat of being consumed looming in the horizon, the engineering team at Milano set out to build a racing spec, N/A version of their V12. This is the result, a torquey but responsive engine, placed inside a familiar shell.

6 Likes