Group B Rally

I’ll get the marshmallows and the roasting sticks. Time for some GG sponsored smores. :smiley:

Well, I wouldn’t normally have a problem with a 11100 redline (in fact I love it), if not for the fact at 11100rpm the engine would probably be developing about 200hp… dial it back to 10200rpm, however, and the curve was much healthier!

ALSO: DEM LEAD SMOKED SMORES. YUM YUM!

Brace yourselves!! Holland Motor Company is going to enter their 300 series into the Class 2!!! :astonished:

Nice use of the prewedge wing :slight_smile:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4002&p=54363#p54363 I’m going to leave the obligatory link to the Museum

I have added another 4 days onto the deadline, and please may you submit any mods used.

[quote=“Microwave”]

[quote=“strop”]The boys from the CPV shed have been so kind as to send Gryphon Gear a 1000hp engine. This delights Strop, who hadn’t been planning on entering due to time and manufacturing constraints, but always liked the idea of a Group B rally spec tournament.

So now, much to the horror of his colleagues, especially his designated co-driver, GG’s usual test driver, Kai, he is now tossing up between two options:

1. Digging up the old blueprints to an aborted project called ‘Widowmaker’, which originally shoehorned a 2500hp engine into a rebuilt replica of the 1975 Ford Falcon XB, which would look hilariously ridiculous on a Group B rally stage.
  2. Cramming the engine into the shell of a VW Golf Mk2, which would be several hundred kg lighter, and therefore drive hilariously ridiculously.[/quote]

As long as this stuff doesn’t concern Class 2, I’m fine :laughing:[/quote]

my thoughts exactly!

Euhm, you think?? I’m running a class 2 car too :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue:

Guys let’s not get too worried here, the best way to think about this is, we managed to get a 1000hp group b car to run. There’s absolutely nothing to suggest that this car will run well :laughing:

[size=85]Except for, you know, history…[/size]

Ahem, what was that?

[size=75]Except, you know, I haven’t actually won an event in like months, so clearly my reputation is overhyped :stuck_out_tongue:[/size]

But seriously, the powerband is all kinds of crazy, just because I’m used to dealing with cars like that doesn’t mean it’s going to perform as well as, say, an actually kind of well balanced car :wink:

whe do we have to submit our monstrosities?

[quote=“strop”][size=75]Except, you know, I haven’t actually won an event in like months, so clearly my reputation is overhyped :stuck_out_tongue:[/size]

But seriously, the powerband is all kinds of crazy, just because I’m used to dealing with cars like that doesn’t mean it’s going to perform as well as, say, an actually kind of well balanced car :wink:[/quote]

1,63 G @ 227km/h? :geek: in the real world it would outcorner a ferarri 458, and that’s 1986’s technology :mrgreen:

Reading through these pages, after I entered a vehicle, I realized that I entered a somewhat too realistic vehicle (even if it is class 4). It’s going to have a hard time keeping up with all those +15 sliders, and semi-slicks.

Expectation, last place.

[quote=“BitTwiddler”]Reading through these pages, after I entered a vehicle, I realized that I entered a somewhat too realistic vehicle (even if it is class 4). It’s going to have a hard time keeping up with all those +15 sliders, and semi-slicks.

Expectation, last place.[/quote]

You can send in a revision if you want.

Alright, I did that. I didn’t do to much, just juiced the current design as much as I could hope to. I still expect last place though. :slight_smile:

I hope that the tracks are winding rally like stages (beside them being tarmac roads) because my car all set to grip and acceleration, top speed is around 240, which is good for a rally car but

I’m going to have to delay again till 29th December to finalise the tracks and scrutineer everyone.

Wait what? Are you being serious or?