Hot hatches thread

Couple of Hot Hatches I made in 4.1, Volkswagen Golf GTI 16v + Aether Sirius GT-Turbo

6 Likes

You have put in so much effort into their exterior and interior design that remaking either or both of them for 4.2 is a no-brainer.

1 Like

I’ll remake the Golf if the Delta body is added to 4.2

This is my first stab at a hot hatch.
I designed the car I want, not the car I deserve or can afford. So there were some must-haves:

• Quality sliders left at zero
  • 2+2 seating
  • Low size and weight using mass-production methods (no billet) and materials (no magnesium)
  • 1.2g skidpad
  • Full double-wishbone suspension
  • Rear longitudinal boxer engine (leaves frunk, tunnel, and upper trunk as cargo / fuel areas)
  • RWD with sequential gearbox
  • Cd < 0.3
  • Roll Angle < 3 deg

With the engine I had but a few rules:

• Has to run 98RON, 14.7AFR, with modern cat
  • No stress flags on the dyno
  • Maximum power for the given engine bay length (width was surpringly not the issue)

Engine specs (common):

• AlSi Block and Head, lightest crank, rods, and pistons
  • 5 valve/cylinder with VVT, DI per cylinder
  • Exhaust has hi-flow 3-way cat but no mufflers

Engine specs (4-cyl):

• 1.74L Twin-Turbo Boxer-4
  • 10.2:1 Compression
  • 294hp at 8800rpm, 240.8lb-ft at 8500RPM

Engine specs (6-cyl):

• 1.83L Twin-Turbo Boxer-6
  • 7.2:1 Compression
  • 455hp at 8,400, 291lb-ft at 7,900RPM

Car features (common):

• Aluminum semi-space frame with aluminum panels
  • RWD 7-speed gearbox, geared LSD
  • Sport tires (P235/45R17 front, P275/40R17 rear)
  • Vented disk brakes (2-piston front, 1-piston rear)
  • Electric Variable Power Steering
  • Full double-wishbone suspension with active sport springs, semi active dampers, passive sway bars

Car specs (4-cyl)

• 1409kg
  • 0-60 5.47s
  • 60-0 32.7m
  • 1/4mi 13.86s
  • Vmax 182mph
  • 9.6L/100km
  • Approximate Cost $44,600

Car specs (6-cyl)

• 1405kg
  • 0-60 5.7s
  • 60-0 32.7m
  • 1/4mi 14.10s
  • Vmax 189mph
  • 11L/100km
  • Approximate Cost $52,600
3 Likes

Lets go for the Non turbo version instead :wink:

2015 Otari Tempest GTH

TV Inline 4, FWD, 2.0i 16v, 157hp@6300rpm

3 Likes

With the mechanical specs you’ve given us, I think it’s more of a track-focused coupe than a hot hatch, and it should therefore be more appropriate for this thread.

“Hottest” trim of the 1992 Salon Petit facelift. Sporting a SOHC 3V 1.2 inline-four engine that makes this tiny bean absolutely fly, which may or may not make the car somewhat dangerous with its questionable amount of safety…

(A thank you for the pictures goes to @Secrane)

11 Likes

Introducing the Disco Turbo Sport 2.1

This friendly-faced car is light, fuel-efficient, affordable, but also big on power.
The boxer engine is located under the trunk floor. Open the Dash-Door™ to now carry your skis inside the car.
No center tunnel means a flat floor for maximum space. Pooping your pants at 300 km/h on the Autobahn can now be a family activity.

Steel unibody, 3-doors, 5 seats
2.3m wheelbase, MacPherson struts, monotubes, passive ARBs
DOHC Boxer-4, 287kW @ 8600RPM on 95RON
5-speed manual, geared LSD, 0-100 in 4.8s, top speed 300 km/h.
Hydraulic Power Steering, ABS, 0.94-0.97g skidpad on medium radials
1125kg, 7.6L/100km, $32300 in-game

2 Likes

Long time, no Flare :slight_smile:

Presenting the Scarab Flare rs Turbo MY92

All alu SOHC 1.5l I3 turbo making a whooping 150 hp on 95 RON to all wheels through a Viscous Diff and 5-speed manual. About 7 sec to 100km/h
8.9 l/100km
About 1100 kg
20500 Automation Credits

3 Likes

Presenting the smaller version:

Scarab Reflex s MY92

All alu SOHC 1.0l I3 turbo making 100 hp on 95 RON to the front wheels through av Viscous Diff and 5-speed manual, About 8 sec to 100km/h
6.8 l/100km
About 850kg
19000 Automation Credits

1 Like

A line up of the current trims of the Chèvre Hatchback: The 1050i 3 Door, 1400i 3 and 5 Door, 1800i 3 and 5 Door, 1800is 3 and 5 Door, 1800ic 2 Door and the 1800is-R 3 Door. This is without having any trims with Automatics either. the 1050i is a 1.05L I3, 1400i is a 1.4L I4, the 1800i and ic is a 1.8L I4, and the 1800is and is-R is a tuned up version of the same 1.8L. Power ranges from 50ish to 105 hp.

Here and here are some more photos of the model, with the two images posted here being an overarching view of all the models.

1 Like

1985-92 SAARLAND VITAL ES

In 1982 Saarland introduced the Vital as their smallest, cheapest model, slotting in under the Adjunkt. Technology wise, it was more or less on the same level as most superminis of the era, meaning transverse engine and FWD, McPherson struts up front and torsion beam in the rear, and inline 4 cylinder engines.

The entry level models featured the old pushrod engine that was introduced with the 1962 Saarland Adjunkt, but there was also a new line of SOHC engines with cast iron block and alloy cylinder head. In 1985 there was a sports model introduced, the ES, featuring an 1.6 litre fuel injected engine with 100 hp.

It was by no means the fastest hot hatch on the market, with a top speed around 190 km/h and 9.5 second times to 100, but a sportier chassis setting, more lightweight suspension components and grippy low profile tyres made it a fun car to drive. On the outside, the ES could be identified by fog lights up front, body coloured bumpers with a spoiler lip up front, clear front indicators, special grille with ES badging instead of the Saarland badge that was moved to the bonnet, black panel between the taillights, glass sunroof, side skirts and “Vital ES” graphics on the sides and rear hatch. It also had alloy wheels (types did differ through the model years, this 1992 model featured 3-spokes).

The first generation Vital was replaced by the much more rounded second generation in 1993.

2 Likes

1992 AMS Vanga 2.0 RS

Originally made for QFC12, powered by an all-aluminum 2.0L 16v DOHC I4 sending 175bhp to the front wheels via a 5-speed manual transmission and a geared LSD. The RS trim shown here lacks power steering and ABS (although they can be optioned back in at extra cost). And all this for just $21k AMU new.

4 Likes

Very SBR4-esque, I like it.

Is it a Hatchback? Is it a Crossover? No one knows, but we do know it has enough power to go grocery shopping, take the kids to school, and make you shit yourself, all at the same time.

The 2014 Hakone Shira RT-i

10 Likes

You want a hot hatch huh?
But is your bank account looking like you need to consider buying an used soviet import car from big bill hell’s instead?

Don’t worry, we have exactly what you need and deserve

The bargain bin sports car, it looks like a very angular Austin Allegro with even less prestige, and the engine was violently yanked out of a pickup truck and tossed in here, attached to the sloppiest electronic fuel injection system we could find

It has 5 doors because having 3 doors meaning you get less shit and oh boy you will get a lot of shit with this car

Slap 7970 automation pesos across your local Salon dealership counter and this thing will be yours until it rusts away (we offer no guarantees about rust)

11 Likes

1992 AMS Vanga 2.0 RS Touring

Just like the previously shown trim but with more standard equipment such as ABS, a fifth seat and power steering.

3 Likes

I think, now it should be “proper” Hot Hatch…

1984 Pleione FF3 1.6 GLSi SP Pack

A Japanese attempt to pull off an Alfa Sud Quardrifoglione Verde…

Lightweight, Horizontal opposed 4 engine, Electronic Fuel Injection, a pure direct assault to the Italian Prince by Japanese Samurai.

4 Likes

The 1984 Primus Advance GTi-16V with 136 motivated horses is not enough?
Hard to believe, but if this is the case, the factory offers something even hotter for 1985, the Advance Belial.

210 turbocharged horspower are easily frying the front tires, adaptive dampers and a medium compound on wider alloy rims try to help controlling this evil monster.If not, a nice premium stereo system will gently assist you overhearing the crash you are going to cause and entertain you while waiting for the towtruck.

Your Primus dealer will show you how to seperate between mice and men.

Built for homologation, it was planned to build 500 of them, but because of a typo error, accidentally 5000 were built. Make sure to get one of them - noone will get you when you floor it!

3 Likes

Not hot, Just redesigned after 9 years.
The 2023 Micron Zest

7 Likes