Hot Lap Challenge HLC round 7: wnb V8 SUPERCARS 15.11.2016, 12.00 (noon) CET

Valid point however I needed to limit the engine in some way. we just need to wait for power adders to be re-done

1 Like

At first this sounded drab… after seeing what Bogliq just made it also sounds like I’m going to lose. :joy: with an ugly car, too.

Limit the maximum lift for stage 2 of VVL? This way we could have a smoother torque curve but top end power is still limited. It’s just an idea…

this is not an all out power fest lol, I have given you the most modern tools i could to create the best entry level racer. The fact is the IRL version does not have vvl where as the chevy v6 does

edit: And i dont really want to limit anything more as these rules are designed to be expansive towards the types of cars made.
the 3 seat rule is so there is no 1-2 seat hyper cars btw
think lightweight racers ie lotus

4 Likes

my champions pick awaits?

maybe we can use this track?

1 Like

Uhhhh that’s 15km… brings a whole lot of factors into good lap times. Not that I’m complaining. I already dibs on last place :laughing:

also we need to clear the room a bit

-can we use AWD
-what can i modify on the engines (i get it, bore no, stroke yes)
-can i use very old bodies
-is this only front engine or it can be mid engine and rear as well?

“Any engine placement is allowed, however all other specs must be as above” so follow the listed chassis requirements and you can pick where the engine goes and what wheels it drives.

“Engine variant modifications are unlimited with the exception of aspiration type and bore modifications (stroke can be modified) and 100 oct fuel will be provided”
You can do anything to the engine aside from what’s stated here, note the variant type part, so you can’t alter the number of valves, number or type of camshafts, block and head materials, or add or remove VVL.

Edit, just noticed the rules don’t state the chassis year, I assume it’s supposed to be 2017, but it’s not actually listed.

1 Like

I assumed the date of the engine, which in the case of the ecoboost is 2016, lol!

1 Like

The intro stated that the engines are 2017 I haven’t had a chance to get in my PC and download them yet

grrrrrrrrrrrr That should be 2017 but I guess so long as the trim year is 2017 we would get the same stats?
Or should I redo the engines… No surely its not that big of issue.

@lordvader1 you can add remove or change one rule in the ruleset, and I also need another 2 tracks

1 Like

I’m happy with my car and I believe it’ll be competitive with 2017 builds so I say let 'em eat cake! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Just change the rules to 2016/17 then it’ll all work out. :grin:

3 Likes

Ok after doing alot more testing I have found a flaw in my rules… The Chev is heavier and less powerful than the ecoboost so I propose this, allow turbocharging of the Chev engine, with turbos no larger than 70/70mm, A/R is free to modified as is boost levels.

My awesome photoshop skills

5 Likes

@Darkshine5 I think you got paint and Photoshop confused…

2 Likes

using an ecoboost engine that spits flames :smiley: very eco much boost

3 Likes

Have we decided which tracks we’re on?

Working on it vader has only given us one

1 Like

Oh boy you are already making me headaches :joy: it will take me years to proces all the cars on this track. I would rather stick to non-fictional tracks but if your wish is absolute than maybe.
And you must pick 3 tracks.

1 Like