Hot Lap Challenge HLC round 7: wnb V8 SUPERCARS 15.11.2016, 12.00 (noon) CET

So only the variant stroke can be modified, and not the main stroke correct?

1 Like

Correct. Stroke is free to adjust but bore must remain fixedā€¦ :sunglasses:

1 Like

So we are not allowed to use VVL on the ecoboost? Thatā€™s a shame - it would have been a good way to emulate a twin scroll turbo with itā€™s wide torque curve.

Valid point however I needed to limit the engine in some way. we just need to wait for power adders to be re-done

1 Like

At first this sounded drabā€¦ after seeing what Bogliq just made it also sounds like Iā€™m going to lose. :joy: with an ugly car, too.

Limit the maximum lift for stage 2 of VVL? This way we could have a smoother torque curve but top end power is still limited. Itā€™s just an ideaā€¦

this is not an all out power fest lol, I have given you the most modern tools i could to create the best entry level racer. The fact is the IRL version does not have vvl where as the chevy v6 does

edit: And i dont really want to limit anything more as these rules are designed to be expansive towards the types of cars made.
the 3 seat rule is so there is no 1-2 seat hyper cars btw
think lightweight racers ie lotus

4 Likes

my champions pick awaits?

maybe we can use this track?

1 Like

Uhhhh thatā€™s 15kmā€¦ brings a whole lot of factors into good lap times. Not that Iā€™m complaining. I already dibs on last place :laughing:

also we need to clear the room a bit

-can we use AWD
-what can i modify on the engines (i get it, bore no, stroke yes)
-can i use very old bodies
-is this only front engine or it can be mid engine and rear as well?

ā€œAny engine placement is allowed, however all other specs must be as aboveā€ so follow the listed chassis requirements and you can pick where the engine goes and what wheels it drives.

ā€œEngine variant modifications are unlimited with the exception of aspiration type and bore modifications (stroke can be modified) and 100 oct fuel will be providedā€
You can do anything to the engine aside from whatā€™s stated here, note the variant type part, so you canā€™t alter the number of valves, number or type of camshafts, block and head materials, or add or remove VVL.

Edit, just noticed the rules donā€™t state the chassis year, I assume itā€™s supposed to be 2017, but itā€™s not actually listed.

1 Like

I assumed the date of the engine, which in the case of the ecoboost is 2016, lol!

1 Like

The intro stated that the engines are 2017 I havenā€™t had a chance to get in my PC and download them yet

grrrrrrrrrrrr That should be 2017 but I guess so long as the trim year is 2017 we would get the same stats?
Or should I redo the enginesā€¦ No surely its not that big of issue.

@lordvader1 you can add remove or change one rule in the ruleset, and I also need another 2 tracks

1 Like

Iā€™m happy with my car and I believe itā€™ll be competitive with 2017 builds so I say let 'em eat cake! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Just change the rules to 2016/17 then itā€™ll all work out. :grin:

3 Likes

Ok after doing alot more testing I have found a flaw in my rulesā€¦ The Chev is heavier and less powerful than the ecoboost so I propose this, allow turbocharging of the Chev engine, with turbos no larger than 70/70mm, A/R is free to modified as is boost levels.

My awesome photoshop skills

5 Likes

@Darkshine5 I think you got paint and Photoshop confusedā€¦

2 Likes

using an ecoboost engine that spits flames :smiley: very eco much boost

3 Likes