HTM 2000 - A Racing Challenge

If you’d like someone to take some pictures for your entrant, I could do it. Up to you, Ive taken plenty of pictures. Can’t say I’m the best but, higher resolution at the very least.

@Happyhungryhippo My naming convention is off now that it’s been solidified. I’ll get you an updated entrant if you’d like.

1 Like

3 Likes

Roamer Raceway

Shima Forer V8 HTM

pictures by @Snarklz

11 Likes

very cool

2000 Mara Asteri 4.0 AMM Coupe HTM

Probably not canon, but I had a go anyway…

4 Likes

2000 Viverna Serigala Coupe HTM

Hoping to prove both reliability and speed, Viverna shipped off a slightly modified Serigala coupe and driver Mario Fungomaglione to Hetvesia.

Gallery

5 Likes

Tarske’s competitor for the 2000 HTM season, the LP840 GTRS

5 Likes

DELAYED

For obvious reasons.
I was dumb enough to just go for the update because I thought it wouldnt totally break all cars. Silly me.

EVERYONE IS ALLOWED RESUBMISSIONS.
Deadline will be moved by more than a full week to Dec 18, 2023.

CSCS will be extended accordingly.

3 Likes

With the introduction of Racing tyres - what do you think about requiring them instead of regular semi-slicks?

2 Likes

thats something I am not still done with deciding but I will inform you within 24 hours

Wow, the new race tire model makes an immense difference. This update is gonna completely change how teams budget.

Assuming a tire techpool value of 0, semi-slicks are only available from 1997 onwards - but this is a series for full race cars, so teams will need to save up for race tires.

The semi slicks are not even the same caliber of performance on the test tracks.
I switched from semi-slicks to the race model tires and took 3 seconds off ATT. That warrants pulling budget out elsewhere to put those bad boys on.

OP updated, switching to soft race tires. As refill stops were usual in the early new DTM, tires were also changed, allowing for soft ones as realistic choice.

1 Like

I don’t think just swapping to race softs without adjustment of other rules works.

On Regular Semi-slicks, my srvc is under budget.

Swapping to Race Softs spikes Service Costs to $11,000+ making the car instantly illegal outside of budget adjustments

edit/addendum: Playing with the new shiny options is nice, but really should consider your other rules before implementing rules which fundamentally break your challenge. Budget constraint is easy to overcome, only upped my end cost by about $4000, but putting the race slicks on shifts my service costs from $2900, up to $11,121.

That is so far above reasonable to “fix” down to $3200 when the svc of the tyres is more than the entire cost budget.

Probably better to stay with the old semi-slicks and play with the new toys in a subsequent challenge, rather than reworking what already exists into some amalgam.

4 Likes

I will reload the game, maybe svc didnt update right away after the switch (the est. cost raised by 3,5k which was reasonnable). I will come back to you as soon as I checked it out.

Edit: SVC on my test mule did increase a lot after loading the car again, but not the amount you reported. Might be a question of the suspension setup how fast the tires are worn. But doesnt fit into 3200 anymore, so you have a point there.

Poll closes tomorrow since I dont want to take this descision too long - but I want to actually listen to the wishes of the participants.

• Semi slicks and usual SVC to avoid confusion
  • Race tires to make use of the update, at the price of potentially having to re-engineer the car
0 voters
3 Likes

Personal opinion, at this stage since its pretty much ready to go, we should go with semi-slicks and move to full race tyres if there is any subsequent challenge :slight_smile:

Can easily be explained in lore as a specific race event at the start of the season to make it more ‘exciting’ for the audience or something?

I was definitely not paying well enough attention to my service costs, and now that I’ve tinkered with both types it seems like sticking with semi-slicks provides far more competitive options than the new race-type.
As you said, in another challenge, once we’ve had some time to get to grips with the new tires. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

The audience has spoken, we will stick to semislick tires.

3 Likes