HTM 2000 - A Racing Challenge

So, another update has been published. As far as I checked, it´s not really breaking the cars but of course as for CSCS, unlimited resubmissions.

I see no need to extend the deadline further, but feel free to check your entries just to be sure.

3 Likes

The “Car has rolled over during testing” glitch is currently screwing us

Do we have a timeline for wrapping up entries? I noticed that there has been another update and they made changes to cost tables which means my car is over budget. Just want to check and see if we want more submissions, or if we’re just ready to judge. I really don’t want to resubmit as I’ve done it a lot already but I’d still like to race.

Yes, there has been serious confusion with the updates, and in addition, I wasnt there to announce something because I was heavily distracted by real life but I tied the things together now.

I suggest that the deadline ends on 23.12. 14:00 GMT, which means I will give CSCS some extra days, too.
I want to give everyone the chance to check his/her car with the correct game version and I dont feel comfortable with the situation and all the confusion BUT that´s how open beta versions are, we in the challenge community all switched to it to have the newest stuff and that´s the price you pay.

@Snarklz
@icrafter
@moroza
@Fayeding_Spray
@machalel
@Fregasourus
@Vento
@ErenWithPizza
@HermannMatern
@Mausil
@Ludvig
@Danicoptero

Please note the next extension but as the devs said they now got all ironed out I am sure there won´t be another update this year.

2 Likes

I don’t auto-update and 20+GB patches are a hassle to get. So there’s no ambiguity - what’s the correct build number we’re using?

Unfortunately I won’t be able to check any time soon, so hoping mine is still valid :S

My service cost exploded. Lets see if I can fix this and still make it run somehow fast.

ARLINGTON AIRACRUISER HTM

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING BRRRRRRRROTHER!
2 Likes

Xf Parapet

2 Likes

Submissions are closed.
Ads still allowed until end of day since its about the cars and I can start scrutinizing today.

1 Like

I did the engineering for this in an hour

and made the ad in 30 seconds. Truly one of the speedruns

3 Likes

Presenting the unholy union of engineering by Norðwagen and bodywork by TIO Design House (@drdoomd1scord)…

Metalwagen HTM 2000

Yeah, we’re listening, but you’ll have to either overpower the soundtrack, or get closer. In either case, good luck with that.

metal

8 Likes

Considering how it looks, Mentalwagen would be a more fitting name for it!

3 Likes

RESULTS RACE 1

The first race has been held up at the ATT - with a strong field of hig-performance race cars. The main score is the lap time, I also calculated the median value of drivability and reliability, cars being below this get a penalty of 0,1 seconds per point below, representing mechanical failures or driving errors due to awful handling. The penalties are already included in the results posted here, affecting @ErenWithPizza the most whose car was really fast as hell but undriveable (score of 5 compared to 38 of @Vento and had the third-lowest reliability) and @Mausil , the car was only a hint more driveable than Eren´s death trap but also the least reliable.Points reglement is taken directly from DTM 2000.

Rank 12: @Mausil with 01:59,48
Rank 11: @HermannMatern with 01:58,46 - 1P
Rank 11: @Fayeding_Spray with 01:58,25 - 1P
DQ: @machalel with 01:56,51 - exceeded cost
Rank 9: @Snarklz with 01:56,45 - 2P
Rank 8: @Ludvig with 01:56,38 - 3P
Rank 7: @Vento with 01:56,17 - 4P
Rank 6: @Danicoptero with 01:56,07 - 6P
Rank 5: @AndiD with 01:54,90 - 8P
Rank 4: @Riley with 01:54,17 - 10P
Rank 3: @ErenWithPizza with 01:53,88 - 12P
Rank 2: @Texaslav with 01:52,46 - 15P
WINNER: @moroza and @DrDoomD1scord with 01:50,34 - 20P

Three races left - I hope that I can publish one per day.

11 Likes

I was hoping drivability wouldn’t make this big a difference so I sacrificed a lot of drivability for a couple seconds less around ATT

1 Like

You lost 1,5 seconds for drivability, so “a couple of seconds” seem like a great deal then.
I tried to keep the penalties fair to reward the effort to become the fastest. Moroza has a 0,5s penalty btw.

Yeah it seems fair enough

I scored points woo!
Clearly I needed to spend some more time gaining drivability, but the whole tire debacle ended up changing my focus pretty dramatically. Looking forward to more races!

• Same engine, weight, tires
  • 6+ seconds behind on a 2 minute track
    Great Success!

wait what we only had a short time to fix? Fuck.