Interior Design Showcase

I make it longer to scale it into the trunk space.

If I do that the edges of it will start to clip out of the body. That’s as far back as it goes without it clipping.

Use the curved edge ceiling liners flipped around to fill gaps like that, you can scale them lengthwise to change the strength of the curve

4 Likes

That trick could also work when applied to the front - I’ll try it myself as soon as I can.

I find these 3 handy for curvy rear ends, when scaling the straight part stays put as well. Under the 3d tab:

Might as well throw in a simple interior from the CSR base car:

1 Like

Hello! I share some of the interiors of my cars, I hope you like it and if you want to see more visit my page RIGEL MOTOR. Cheers!

RIGEL MOTOR

5 Likes

3 Likes

running in the 90s

4 Likes

How colorful!! How did you make that print? Incredible!

I’m assuming it’s a fixture material mod, unless anyone tells me otherwise.

1 Like

I used a mod called “Md’s custom paints 4.27”.
If you don’t use one part as door panel but three different to scale everything totally perfect, the different stretch of the parts ruins it, as you see above.
I invested some time to figure out how to fix that (actually, re-scaling and re-arranging a lot of times until it looked the least strange)

After that, I built an interior for my AGC entry that I will finish tomorrow.

4 Likes

I was again focussing on interior differences for each trim level, now for the 1994 Merit:

180 Classic (note the rear window crank)

200td Comfort

200 Sport (some aluminium decor helps for schporrtiness)

250 Elegance

300 Avance (hard to see, but it’s carbon decor)

2 Likes

How would others do a 2+2 style interior? I haven’t downloaded any mods so I only have the two styles of seats so I don’t think these are very 70s euro.

3 Likes

I like the Primus Urbano interior in all its simplicity. Reminds me of an early Golf.

1 Like

@xsneakyxsimx

There is one car from me with 2+2 seats, it’s the 1993 Globus Phoenix, a premium muscle car. It wasn’t that easy to arrange it with the massive wheels intruding the interior, but in the end it looks not too unrealistic.

@Knugcab

The Urbano was in both generations citroen-inspired, the first one from 79 to 86 by the Visa, the second one from 86 to 96 by the AX (pre-facelift) and the Saxo (post-facelift).
The facelift interior was still very basic, but the 1992 model should attract younger buyers, so it looked very 90s in colors beside still being cheap.

I promised to show here how a complex interior is created - I now did this with the 1998 Primus Cognoscenti - in four steps you can see the progress and which steps I did (roughly) in which order.

Step 1: basic dashboard

Step 2: Door panels, instruments, steering. Steering always after the instruments to not have the wheel in the way.

Step 3: Seats, roof details (however I don’t do interior pillars as its a pain in the a…), general features (power windows, clock,…)

Step 4: Gimmicks and gadgets, like the PDC display, logo on the steering wheel, text on monitors, adjustment of the power seats

Step 5: Bugfixing. Compared to the previous picture I had to readjust the gauge needles and added a cover behind the vents on the dash to let the center console not shine through.

This time once again an interior in the 1970s “pistachio beige”, because the customers (aka the commentators here and in discord) loved it so much that Primus used it until the 2010s.

Edit: This is the Cognoscenti from the exterior. Car shown is a 1999 220 sDDI Diesel model in Moondust Silver.

3 Likes

Good interior tutorial :raised_hands::raised_hands:

Yes, it is a repost, but I am adding it since I have never been as satisfied with an interior as I have with this… 1967 Vaughn Silverbird. (Entry level drivetrain, so yes, three on the tree is correct)

5 Likes

I said it once and ill say it again, thats a nice interior!!

Since I was finished early with my QFC entry I could as well do an interior while waiting… So enjoy the 1982 IP Commuter 1500 Turbo.

(Yes, I am probably overusing the Peugeot 505 parts as well as those Renault 17 seats but what to do when they look so good?)

7 Likes

It is a very fitting and period correct interior. Additional thumbs up for doing pillars (which are really a crap to make correctly) and the nice Alcantara texture of the seats. Well done!

@xsneakyxsimx
Here is another 2+2 interior, again the Globus Phoenix, but a generation ahead. This is my first (and propably only) retro interior, however, I recycled some parts from the predecessor to build a bridge between the different generations of the same car model.