IsopodKings Design Shed

The race Belasco coupe is probably my best work yet

Is Belasco the name of the car, or its manufacturer? Anyway, in either spec, it would have been one of the raddest (and maddest) cars of its time.

Wayverner is the manufacturer, belasco is the model name. I couldnt think of anything else so i decided to name it on the west coast USA map in beam

Le Mans car
haven’t yet thought of a quirky sort of description for the vehicle

super awesome and reliable 70s sovietmobile, made by the company “Nadezhnyy avto” or, “Reliable auto”
(yes google translate, i do not speak russian)

the pinnacle of soviet design culminated in this, named the “Zvezda 1” or, “Star 1” which is pretty on the nose, but, disagreeing would probably be your demise.
FWD, longitudinal engine mounting, 96 hp, 4 speed manuel and a rear bench seat; really does add to your 70s russian experience. starting at 3600 rubles and a lot of loyalty to the USSR, you can purchase the soviets greatest working class luxury car.

2 Likes

dont know if 3600 rubles in 1971 is a good price back then but
hey ho

Comet Mach 2 Slantnose

built for racing, but never used, the slantnose Mach 2 could reach speeds of 230 mph.

Who knows, some lucky rich kid may have been able to purchase a slantnose upon request from the company. only one unit is currently known to exist - kept in the first Develle factory, which has now become a sort of museum.

Forgot this was front engined
Normal stuff coming soon, going to try do a proper format for the cars.

1 Like

Switched to a umbrella thread for all my brands and cars, reason being, I wanted to try making some things that were not Develle cars. (WayVerner, Nadezhnyy avto, Anglo, etc etc)

I may eventually switch back to a single thread for a brand, to make it more organized

or make an umbrella brand, like Volkswagen or GM

Bodykit version of the Terrier V8-S

BEHOLD, THE NOT-DELOREAN

A highly modified WayVerner Belasco Coupe, discovered in some garage in the year 2053. The car is very much instable, and will most likely explode the next time trying to time travel. Still flies though!

Not suitable for any time travelling gremlins.

3 Likes

Overheating is a terrible problem for time-travellers

Finally made an interior, im going to throw together some ambient noises for dramatic effect

2 Likes

(not) New for 2053! The Belasco Coupe Time Machine! or BCTT!

Fitted with very wonky time travel equipment, the car is prone to explode any time it does travel through time. The engine in the car is mostly stock, with parts from the rear quantum time tanks being hooked up for power - meaning the engine is very prone to overheating, thus the installation of 2 air intakes and 2 exposed intercoolers which keeps the engine mostly in one piece.

Most of the magic happens back here, with the mass of pipes being very exposed means that touching near enough anything is very dangerous! Features include:
-Some of cooling equipment
-An external heat gauge (if you’re unlucky to be on the rear end of this, or just repairing it)
-A Plutonium reactor (Lead lined, dont worry)
-Quantum tanks for the funny goo (do not touch)
-Time Bars (Conducts nuclear power and the funny goo, allowing for time travel)

Inside you’ll find all the run-of-the-mill stuff, such as:
-Switches
-Kill Switch (if things go really bad)
-Hardly hanging on radio
-Warning screen
-Time dial (alternates between where you are, where you’re going and where you’ve been)
-Keypad (for time travel dates)
-6 speed manuel (true sports car)
-Quantum tanks (Behind the headrest)
-Passenger seat
-Gun

It also flies! Overall, this thing is not the most ideal time travelling vehicle - but we dont know how it really works so we cant exactly make a better one.

3 Likes