Journey of ownership 1 - Discount Elvis - Part 1D (finals)

It’s clearly in the brief that too high of a SVC won’t work, though…

Exactly, this is a fair compromise. Besides, if you need to go faster than 186 mph to escape reality, you’ll need more than a midlife crisis car. You need a space ship.

14 Likes
Zephorus Autos

25 Likes

Introducing…
The New 2013 Apache Trillk GT!

13 Likes
8 Likes

2013 Allure Magneto Stasis

8 Likes

2013 Octane Helix Spyder

Freedom.

This is what the Helix Spyder brings to the tarmac - unadulterated freedom.

Powered by a big modern 5.2L V12, this is pure escapism. It’s AWD system is built to keep the car under control at all time, allowing you to push it to the limit… safely!

Don’t fear the reaper. Buy the Helix Spyder today.

* LHD model shown, available as RHD.
** Raytracing not available - imagine how good it would look.

7 Likes

Introducing…
The All New Atlas Aura GT Apex
using the new Apex Performance 3.6L V6 making 515hp

JOC1D-kilo_-_ATLAS_Aura_N4.car (112.3 KB)

6 Likes

THE NEW VAUGHN SILVERBIRD L-TYPE

Tight like a bowtie. Fast like a wild horse. We know why our challengers are trying to dodge the threat from us.

Vaughn Silverbird L-type. A car so american that it smells like a supersized triple cheeseburger with we-refuse-to-mention-that-country fries and a gallon of coke. Not like some wimpy spaghetti or leftovers from yesterday seasoned with government bailout.

They say money can’t buy happiness. But money created capitalism, capitalism created the Vaughn Silverbird, and without a Vaughn Silverbird you won’t be happy, just face it.

580 HP OF GENUINE PUSHROD GLACIER-MELTING PURE MURICAN POWER! VAUGHN SILVERBIRD L-TYPE. LOUDER THAN YOU AND THAT SPEAKS FOR SOMETHING!

(Apologizes for being silly but I am not inspired to be serious anymore)

6 Likes

[Literally me when starting this challenge]

“Wow, I’d love to make a great high-end sports car, just like the kind Kieth’s always loved! There are so many possibilities, I don’t know what to do! All I do know is that I don’t want to make resemble his old SAETA, because targeting his nostalgia is too easy and boring a strategy…”

[One Car Design Later]

So anyway, here’s my Spanish, RWD, 2-seater, yellow Sports car! …oh. Whoops.

The 2013 Tartesso Choete

I swear, it’s mostly different mechanically.

4 Likes

2013 AMS Shrike GT 5.0

4 Likes

2013 Mara Paragon 4.0 SK42

The Paragon was Mara’s attempt at a ‘halo car’ in the mid 2000s after having to play catch up to the rest of the world in terms of car technology for about 15 years after the fall of the Closed Curtain.

LHD model shown because we are too cheap to reshoot for RHD

As the car needed to be many things to many people on many markets, it was available with a wide range of options and combinations:

• with Mara’s 2.0l and 2.3l inline-4 as well as 4.0l V8 engines
  • in a 2 seat (42 - fo(u)r-two) and a somewhat more cramped 2+2 (44 - fo(u)r four) seat configuration,
  • as a regular coupe and a convertible
  • and finally in a more sporty SE and a more comfort-oriented SK tune.

In 2013, as part of the first big facelift, the Paragon received Mara’s all-new DOHC engine line-up.

Rear view

Even though the top regular V8 versions could already achieve speeds beyond 300 kph right from the beginning, there were also those variants that came about once Mara’s performance division AMM got their hands on the Paragon, including the GT racing homologation versions which I hope I will need for some challenges in the future. These variants usually traded comfort for performance, however.

Top-of-the-line SK interior with comfort-oriented seats, as opposed to the SE trim’s dedicated sport seats

6 Likes

2013 Bowmann R530t
$68,000

The NEW Bowmann R530t is the latest grand tourer on the market. Is it good? Well… it produces 480 Horsepower, it has a luxurious interior, and a 0-60 time of 4.6 seconds. And here’s the look of the car:

“It’s so beautiful” I bet your saying, or at least what I hope you’re saying…
Test It Drive Now!!!

4 Likes

Swanson 337TSCX
Because nothing should stop you from making the school run in time, or putting uppity chavs and hedge fund managers in their place.
Yeah, it’s the good old 3.7 but for this all-new 2012 model we sent it to Hogwarts to put some go-fast twirly whirlies on the engine for a 2-6000rpm 600nm torque plateu, as apparently 400hp isn’t enough these days
It has AWD, a bunch of other 3-letter safety equipments and a Zeppelin-grade amount of airbags, so even if you’re enough of a knobhead to crash it on public roads you won’t get that Darwin Award. Good, clean fun for the whole family, all for about 75.400 quid. (5th seat is an 1100£ option)

More picture

I tried to make a right proper droptop supercar (or two) but found I don’t have the patience for all the 3d fiddling, hence boring family car

4 Likes

Appearance of cars is what everyone lives here for, IMHO. And if you are a little short on styling, then no numbers will impress anyone. Perception is what matters in any car. When the design is appropriately shaped by the stuffing, then it becomes clear how to perceive the car, how to drive it, what to praise it for. But this is excusable, I have not been creating either hypercars or cool cars lately, due to the lack of suitable bodies. And vanilla forms do not really want to cover.

were still not mercedes were still not mercedes were still not mercedes awere still not mercedes were still not mercedes were still not mercedes were still not mercedes were still not mercedes were still not mercedes were still not mercedes were still not mercedes were still not mercedes were still not mercedes were still not mercedes were still not mercedes were still not mercedes were still not mercedes were still not mercedes were still not mercedes were still not mercedes were still not mercedes were still not mercedes were still not mercedes were still not mercedes were still not mercedes were still not mercedes were still not mercedes were still not mercedes were still not mercedes
10 Likes

Now as you can see, would you miss one of these?
Corvidae Supercell P600

Imagine getting into the car, stepping on the gas pedal, and the turbo in front of you stepping in. 730 of torque is readily available, and as the revs climb, the V10’s roaring song will follow, eventually churning out 600 horsepower, which will make you perfect for city motorways

The engine is so manic, but you can retain your reserve, and the luxury and comfort of the interior will not make you feel any discomfort on a long trip.
After half a lifetime on the go, it’s time to enjoy it all, and we’re always waiting for your choice

9 Likes

Alrighty, let’s tally up the entries with 24 hours to go. I see entries from:

@3000Miles
@abg7
@AndiD
@ChemaTheMexican
@Edsel
@GassTiresandOil
@interior
@karhgath
@Lanson
@Ldub0775
@Ludvig
@mart1n2005
@Riley
@xianxian2

And ads but no file from

@DuceTheTruth100
@FidleDo
@KILO
@Knugcab

Tell me if I’ve missed you

10 Likes

Introducing…
The Brand New 2013 Leksi GSXR
Boasting a 1.8L Turbocharged Flat 6 This Car Sounds Great and Disapears like smoke with over 220BHP
Find your local Dealer and get yours for the low price of 50K

4 Likes