Journey of ownership 1 - Discount Elvis - Part 1D (finals)

Is stuff like this left out on purpouse (because Keith does not like it) or because you as a host didn’t think about its existance? :slight_smile:
(Yes, I know that Ferrari is probably outside the budget and Z3/Lotus too old, but mainly thinking about the body shape)

3 Likes

I am suggesting that the latter must be a three-way unit (either regular or high-flow) given the era in which this part of JOC1 takes place.

“not a widowmaker”

TVR

2 Likes

Since I was Amanda’d due to the possibility of this (widow-maker, despite having safety at max year and choice), I would definitely like clarification on what could constitute a “widow maker”. It wasn’t the power level as my car was less powerful than other contenders. Was it the neutral, borderline “drifty” (assuming you turned off the ESC which Amanda wouldn’t) nature that was the concern? Because it’s easy to make a car plow the fields in Automation, significantly more difficult to get it to balance in Automation (and to an extent it translates to Beam very well now.)

I love the notion, love the idea, sort of sour on eliminations that I cannot perceive to avoid because they are subjectively exceeding a limit or something like that. Thx

2 Likes

Lol I was Amanda’d pretty hard too.

I guess I should clarify that shooting brakes are allowed; I will add that to the OP on body styles. The style was kind of dead and forgotten in the 2000s luxury market, but there’s no “objective financial reality” on why it couldn’t exist. I think they’re pretty neat; Keith would also probably dig it due to the association with old British sports cars, but beware of messing up the execution.

Good point. Two-ways are the spawn of Satan, unrealistic for the era and might even be illegal. I will ban them in the next OP edit.

Ayup. A risky inspiration is still an inspiration.

I was not the host of JOC1C, karhgath was. I asked him and apparently the issue was just your low safety and drivability scores when compared to the rest of the pack. In JOC1D, A) your scores depend on absolute values and not weighted relative to other entries and B) even if Amanda is displeased with your car, it can still avoid being binned by being desirable to Keith.

I understand the sentiment, but in this community you will keep getting binned from time to time regardless of how good you are - be it because of mistakes or because of host particularities. You just have to be proud of your creations - as well as willing and eager to improve them - even if the host doesn’t rank them highly. I get binned or early-eliminated in most competitions vero does because we have very different standpoints on realism, and Ldub won my ARM10 but got binned in my ARM15 because he forgot some seats. Nobody is immune.

5 Likes

Indeed!

Yes. I understand that the “no hatchback” rules was to omit, well, hatchbacks. The line might be fuzzy but still…

Anybody else have any comments or suggestions on the brief? Entries open tonight at midnight.

is there any noise limits? performance intakes are very loud in the game

No, I’ll just keep (or make, actually, I forgot to put it in) a race parts ban so that nobody makes a race intake with no air filter. I think loud ass intakes are a human right, and if anybody wants to tank the comfort hit from the loudness of a perfhigh intake they are more than welcome to do that :wink:

3 Likes

have the submission opened yet?

Yep.

SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

3 Likes

Schnell LX50 GT V8 Mk2 (2013)
The second generation of the grand-touring roadster came in for the 2013 model year with twice the power, and the comfort to go along with it.

7 Likes

2012 DURENDAL SC44 A

Faster, stronger, better than ever.

5 Likes

2013 FST Peregrine Velocity Edition
50/50 weight distribution
186MPH Electronically-limited top speed
6-speed manual
Targa top

537HP DOHC V10

A car that turns your midlife crisis into the best years of your life. Live a little!

$80,500

7 Likes

It’s a sports car. It makes no sense to limit it to 300 km/h

It lowers service costs by a fair amount since tyres rated for 300+ is really expensive.

Tire costs are factored into service costs and purchase price, but Keith has plenty of money to spare, both for the car itself and its general running costs. It would be best not to overdo it, though.

1 Like

The service cost price of going higher than what I’ve set as a top speed is more than double. Gotta buy tires to keep up, and this is it.
Also better on brakes

1 Like