Journey of ownership 1 - Discount Elvis - Part 1D (finals)

i’ll just leave this here

4 Likes

Updated brief with inspo and upped the max budget to 35,000 as it makes more sense for their situation.

I’ll let comments come in until Friday and will freeze the rules and open for subs.

2 Likes

Do either of them have a preference for a liftback/hatch vs a wagon?

Wouldn’t the used cars be at the top of the budget or even above it due to the car naturally losing value over the years, thus making them go into the budget.

The reasoning is sound. The issue is twofold - First, it is hard to model used car - I know we have some excel sheets and such but I wanted to keep it simple first.

Second, it mostly comes down to Keith preferring a brand new car vs a used one (even if it could be a “better” but older trim), and Amanda preferring to buy under budget and not blow it all.

So while I do not want to prevent anyone submitting a used M5 Touring with negative quality to fit budget, as mentioned, that would still not be advantageous at all in this specific scenario.

You could still win with that approach if you can wow them, but it might be a bit harder.

Note: I slightly reworded the blurb around this - it is not discouraged, just might be harder to convince them.

2 Likes

No preference specifically tied to that, that was the (only) common ground they found, so they will both be ok with whatever option is best for them.

2 Likes

There are also discussions about drivability and Manual vs Auto on Discord.

Manual in UK is the norm, and both Amanda and Keith are used to this. I will judge Drivability around this fact.

I am adding some blurb about this that can help everyone make a good decision here for their purpose.

I was thinking that drivability would be weighted even more, to the point that a manual transmission would actually be less desirable, until I saw this:

With that in mind, I am seriously considering swapping out the automatic transmission in my test entry for a manual one.

There are other advantages to an automatic transmission, but the 20+ Drivability difference itself in Automation will not be the single determining factor here.

Just some clarification on the wording for exhausts; is it ONLY 1 muffler and cat, or is it AT LEAST 1 muffler and cat?

I think it’s the latter - our client won’t accept a car which lacks a catalytic converter and/or mufflers of any kind.

1 Like

abg is correct, added clarification.

2 Likes

Reminder, about 8 hours left before the rules are set and this opens if any of you find anything else or needs clarifications.

Good luck!

So subs are officially opened and rules are set.

One last addition: Added unscaled UK front and rear plate to the MOT since it was not mentioned.

4 Likes

SAARLAND AMBROSIA PILGER 2.2, now available with Value pack(*)

Party up front.

Business in the back.

( * ) = Value pack including 17 inch alloy wheels, tan leather upholstery, premium sound system and wood inserts on dashboard and steering wheel. Available in Blitz black or Polaris white.

4 Likes

Presenting the IKIGAI Estate Sport 300 (ES300).

The IKIGAI line is FMC’s offering designed to appeal to clients that wish for the best life balance. Efficient, fun to drive, spacious, and trend-setting.

This new for 2002 offering is shown here in Estate Sport trim. This wagon is equipped with the latest in safety tech, 16" alloys, premium interior, upgraded brakes, sunroof, a roof rack, and a 6-speed manual transmission.

It’s fun-wheel drive (RWD), and balanced in the corners

The engine is an efficient (30MPG) 3.0L SOHC V6, making 222HP. The engine torque comes on early, so the 6-speed does not require constant rowing. Shift when you want!

IKIGAI - Find the balance within!

6 Likes

Argenteri Prospera 3.0t

For 2002, the Argenteri Prospera receives the long awaited facelift that finally brings back the full sized estate model to the lineup. Featuring brand new turbocharged 5 cylinder and V6s in place of the older normally aspirated inline 6 engines and the many creature comforts carried over from the previous generation, the Prospera offers an American style experience with Italian flair and opens up new possibilities.

With 1620L of cargo space, and a load capacity of 553kg the Prospera is the perfect vehicle to haul large items, luggage and camping supplies, and other things that might come with the varying lifestyles of consumers everywhere. Whether you are the family man or the business man, the Prospera will surely satisfy your needs and take you anywhere you want to go without complaint.

Argenteri Automobili™ ©2002

(Holding off on sending the file until I get the engineering sorted)

3 Likes

The all-new 2002 Murasaka Vivid Maxi.

Fun now comes in a easy package.

Starts from AMU 22,000

(vehicle shown above costs AMU 31,600)

1.8 Premium X-Cross Package includes:

• 142 hp 1.8 DOHC inline 4 engine
  • 6-speed manual
  • Offroad package parts and bodykit
  • 17" alloy rims
  • Panasonic vacuum tube CD system with 10 speakers from Bose
  • Six brown leather seats, aluminum trim and brown upholstery
  • ESC and 6 airbags

6 Likes

The new G2F series Halvson Harrier sPORT 2.0!

For the sensible and fun parent.

New for 2001, the G2 Harrier gets a new update with refreshed looks, better safety, and an improved interior.

For the sensible parent.

For the sensible parents out there, the Harrier wagon offers a large 1300L cargo space, roof racks as standard, advanced safety features such as pretensioners on every seatbelt and curtain airbags, and a premium CD system to keep the kids out of your hair on long trips.

For the fun parent.

The fun parents aren't left out, either. With a 2 litre 5 cylinder making 132kW, the performance and sound will keep a smile on your face, while the sports interior will not only keep you and your kids comfortable and secure, but it'll also make them the envy of the playground.

Available now for $33,100 AMU, ask your nearest Halvson dealer for a test drive or book online at our new web portal here: www.halvson.co.uk

6 Likes

2002 WM Walton 300ES

This is the high-performance estate version of our executive car, now available for $32,100.

2 Likes