[LHC] - Letara History Challenge - Rd 5 [Results being posted]

Sorry to ask a question so late in, @cake_ape but would lights like this be allowed on a race car? I am basing it on a baja truck’s aux lights because I thought it suited the bad-aero-high-offroad build I was going for on this car:

The lights in question

4 Likes

Another question: When we submit a car, do they have to be in the same message? Or can I submit them at different times (i.e. submit my consumer car one day, and my government car seperately a few days later).

4 Likes

Two answers:

• Yes those lights are fine.
  • I do strongly prefer everything in one message, but I will not (yet) penalize if they are in separate messages. But if you want to keep me happy, one message. I think I’ll make this a rule next time.
8 Likes

Newsflash 1978: Vausse founder steps down!?
The founder of Vausse, Hollie, has stepped down from leading the brand, due to her age and her health. Leadership has been passed over to her daughter, Jennifer Vausse, who says the brand can expect some very big changes that should make more sales in foreign markets (like Letara), however they will still try to fullfill thier promise of a 200mph car

1 Like

and after a long time of me working at it, the Naviria is finally ready

the Naviria

the Vausse Naviria is Jennifer Vausses first car whilst she was in leadership. She made sure this car would provide ample power to stand up to the fast sports cars of this era, as such, its packing over 350hp under the hood. It is also a massive improvement with its drivability, as well as actually being bareably loud. Vausse has made itself known for its muscle cars in the US, and now its bringing its best offering to Letara

Naviria RS

originally, the Naviria was going to be taken rallying, however, due to regulations and also the fact that Letaras racing series was locked in already, they simply modified the car to make it road legal. With its turbo’d V8, it produces 500hp going to the rear wheels. Alongside this, it also hits a top speed of over 180mph, putting it well into Supercar pacing.

the Interceptor

the Naviria is also receiving a police variant for Letara. This car produces more than the base form, a very nice 420hp, but has ditched the V8 in return for a turbo I5. As the car needs to be more economic for police use, to ensure it can actually last in a chase. alongside this, it also has a ducktail wing to provide less lift.

Fullfilling the promise

before Hollie stepped down, she promised the world a road legal, 200mph car. Jennifer decided that a very limited number of Navirias (exactly 72, the age of Hollie when she retired) would be produced that were capable of this. To make it even better, she had made the car not only fast, but luxurious, so without further ado

THE 1000HP+ 116K 235MPH NAVIRIA SPORT SPECIAL.
its got all the comfort you need. Its awd, its got a V12, and its a wonder that the car is even legal! But, here it is! Nobody ever called Vausse liers

8 Likes

Mara goes Letara, Ep. 4-4: Wild! (relatively speaking…)

Previous post

14 March 1974
Great Exhibition Hall, Lerance, Letara

Looking more closely at the unfamiliar Irena trim on display, Rodyn vaguely remembered that there had been an initiative for a while on behalf of Inna to sell a special Letaran-only trim.

The display told him that this was the 2.5 SSE RTH - the Sedan Sport Extra trim with Radial Tuned Handling. He was puzzled a bit since there was no non-Extra Sport trim available for any Irena sedan. And why was handling for radial tyres such a big thing, apparently?

The Irena 2.5 SSE RTH

Mara model line-up walkabout (part 2) - or: what is this thing?

The exterior design strongly resembled the Irena R2 race car: a 3-door sedan in flag red with a black roof (painted, not vinyl, Rodyn could confirm up close) and two black stripes on the bonnet.

Inna was done with her work preparing the stand for the second day of the exhibition and joined Rodyn as he looked at the SSE RTH.

“So, what’s the story of this?” Rodyn asked.

“We finally made it happen - the Letara-only performance model to celebrate our racing success on these shores.” She beamed proudly. “First, we looked at merely tuning the stock 2 litre engine, but quickly discovered that the overall set-up is too limiting for what we want. Once we had the Perspekt engine revision as part of the Kavaler project to allow for the 2.5 litre version, we tried again with that engine and some aftermarket products: new regular carbs, a new intake, new headers, always being mindful that we would have to manually rework and re-tune the stock 2.5 engine we get in a crate for every SSE we want to sell. We also tuned for Letaran fuel, not Archanan, sharpened the cams, removed a muffler and shortened the gearbox ratios. Took a long time - but now we are here.” She handed Rodyn a spec sheet.

“Do you know…” Rodyn started after he had a quick glance. “I think this is the first regular production Mara to go to 100 below 10 seconds. The larger 4l V8 Kavaler is definitely slower thanks to being automatic only, while the 2.5l Kavaler with the same base engine is much heavier and also more conservatively tuned - Yenna’s special carbs and all.”

“A sub 10 seconds 0-100 time was our design goal, actually, to be used in our ads.” Inna replied. “In the end, we actually swapped Yenna’s carbs back in - or rather, we will keep them - despite them limiting the overall output. They managed to reduce fuel consumption by 1.5 litres/100 km according to the Letaran test cycle. The thing is still thirsty but not outrageously so, and well-tuned models still go sub 10 seconds.”

Rodyn took a look inside. The interior seemed to identical to the regular Komfort trim production cars except for a slimmer steering wheel.

The Irena 2.5 SSE RTH on the inside

“So you changed a couple of things in the engine, shorten the gear ratios, anything else?” He decided not to comment on the RTH part of the trim name.

“Not much, and all things we can easily do during assembly. Local aftermarket wheels and tyres - which are a bit wider and softer - stronger brake pads, a stiffer suspension, some additional minor touch-ups and extra quality control. Some grille decoration - which is actually functional, to reduce wind resistance a bit - a new aftermarket steering wheel, a speedo that goes beyond 200, oh, and the exterior stickers, of course.”

Rodyn read the spec sheet. “Top speed 185…” Inna winked at him. “… anyway. And you are confident it will sell well?”

Inna nodded emphatically.

Rodyn smiled, took a step back and looked at the gathered Irena workers and farmers consumer line-up for the next years in Letara.

Rear view on the Irena line-up

8 Likes

I somehow like Mara’s approach to headrests. It really screams “barely fulfilling the legal requirements”. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Zephorus Autos

logo3

1975 Edition

Trims Offered

Entree
3.6L B6 200hp - $27,400

Stelvio
7.0L V12 578hp - $51,400

DAKR ('83)
3.6L B6 300hp - $44,900

Available in select colours
Or made to order
Ital Green

Flame Scarlet Red

Marble

Dusk Blue

Interior Specifications

Brown Performance Leather

Caciocavallo Leather

Interior

Wheel Specifications

Golden King

Silver Knight

DAK R
Enough power to move the sun, enough turbo lag for it to never happen.
5.0L B6TT 950hp, 1469kgs and a top speed of 170mph (gear limited)

Early tests show the car can lap Lerance Raceway in around 4:20… On Utility tyres.

These cars are not a real product of any manufacturer, any likeness or other similarities to real brands is purely coincidence. Top trim model shown, actual model may change in final submission.
Government entry lol I forgor

23 Likes

Ah, I can see how my old logo for Walton could’ve caused confusion

5 Likes

martinet logo_s

This is the Martinet models coming to Letara in 1980

1980 Martinet Erable

The Erable is all based on the new Miller Maple series, (Erable is Maple in french) The french made cars have some minor changes to the front and a different dashboard to suite the european market.

Martinet Erable 2.0 Li

Martinet Erable 2.0 GLi Break

Martinet Erable 3.8 GLXi Cabriolet

1980 Martinet Erable Police

Martinet Erable 3.8i CLi Police

1977 Martinet Castor III TR

The last effort before closing down the Martinet Motorsport Division, Entering the last of the Castor III rally cars, fitted with a 3.8l turbo charged V6 from Miller Motors, 475 hp driving the front wheels.

1980 Martinet by Miller Motors
14 Likes

The Erable sedan reminds me a bit of a Volvo 460…inspiration source or pure coincidence?

And I thought my entry for this iteration of LEC was going to be the wildest, or even the fastest, sports car on sale in Letara during this timeframe! Then again, the Stelvio trim of this Zephorus is not a direct competitor - it’ll be a much more expensive proposition.

Also, props to you for reusing your QFC14 entry, and creating a lower-end trim with a six-cylinder engine for those with smaller budgets, along with off-road and even police-spec trims.

3 Likes

KESSEL PROVING GROUNDS - 1976

Kessel’s racing program had encountered some setbacks since Kessel had been acquired by Armor Motors in 1970. Granted, their sporadic podium finishes at Lerance Raceway were noteworthy, but Armor Group was intent on structuring their three auto divisions to showcase their strengths and keep the company profitable as a whole: Armor Motors built smallish, reliable cars that would be branded as Kessels in Letara, Kessel’s off-road vehicles would be branded as Armor trucks in America, and Durendal’s Australian sports and supercars would gain an audience in other markets.

So, with Kessel’s racing program struggling to build a suitable racecar for Lerance’s new rallycross track (they had actually succeeded in building a highly modified Armor Cricket to meet the time constraint, but it was nearly undriveable and extremely temperamental), Durendal stepped in with their own car.

The 490 Melbourne was a racing version of Durendal’s 366 Melbourne street car. The 366 itself was nearly race-ready, but the 490 reportedly offered a 0-100 time in 3 seconds flat, without compromising other statistics like the “Frankenstein Cricket” did.

Kessel (and Armor Group) would just have to see how their entry stacked up against the other cars…

6 Likes

Okay, I think I need some help with this. No matter how hard I try, I can’t get a car to do it in under 4:40 even after completely disregarding lore and rules (the type of car I want to run is stuck in the 5:00 range). Automation track tuning just isn’t something I’ve ever spent much time on.

Is there some guide ya’ll can point me to get better at this? (or is my insistence on short-wheelbase FR cars just dooming me here?)

2 Likes

I guess it hard to not make a car look like a 440 with that body set :wink:

2 Likes

FR may not do it for you. I didn’t even try a FR one, started right off with RR and a 480 hp engine. That one I ended up barely breaking into 4:30, but other stats were just miserable.

Best things to consider (that I have found… racing isn’t usually my thing, I’m more of a production car guy) is to make sure you have enough traction for quick acceleration, and enough lateral g’s (both at low speed and high speed) to take the turns. WIDE tires…

I had to switch to a different body than I wanted, but once I went with a MR layout I could build something I feel more confident with. Someone I think just posted a FF car, I’m eager to find how how they made that work. The potential advantage to that (for drivability stats alone) is intriguing.

2 Likes

Aim for atleast 600hp+ for this round, potentially softer suspension for the offroad bonus, if you have decent stats and get it into the 4:30 range then you might stand the same chance as people who are lower in the time range and worse stats.

Theres a few things that will help you is making sure you have enough traction for the power you have, making a light car doesn’t matter too much this round so you can sacrifice weight for reliability or cost in a few places.

4 Likes

That’s interesting to think about, I thought my problem was focusing too much on power, since whenever I try to add power to the engine, I don’t actually get much more performance. I’ve always been bad at getting power out of an engine anyway, though,

I would disagree about needing that much power. My entry is capable low 4:20 lap times, yet only has 512hp. And I played with a build that was capable of a 4:30 with only 340hp. But I would agree that acceleration in the more crucial bit rather than straight up top speed. Being able to get the power you have to the ground and maximizing corning speeds seems to be the way to go.

3 Likes

Ok, after trying some bigger MR cars, I was able to just barely clear 4:30 with 500hp (and by “just” I mean 4:26 with semi slicks).

I think my main problem is that I’m trying to work with small cars (<=2.0m wheelbase ideally, 2.2m at most), which just can’t handle the amount of power they’d need to be competitive in this era. My small-car manufacturer may just not be able to compete in this round, and I’ll have to lobby next round to either remove the time limit or add a power-to-weight limit.

3 Likes