|Main Quest| Leaky Roof Challenge |AutoBeam|

And if you want a more modern roadster how about a 1992 Knightwick Pulse

12 Likes

It’s nice to see a revised and updated version of your QFC1 entry - in an eye-catching lime green, to boot.

4 Likes

My test week is almost over, 3 days to go. If i manage to pass after missing more than a full year of school, i will be so happy. I’ll thank you guys early, because even if i do fail you gave me the motivation to recover, and are still doing so. I honestly cant thank you guys enough.

12 days to go!
Also, we made it to challenge announcements in the automation discord!

7 Likes

Could the following ATS be permitted? Wheel Concavity, Rim Center Offset, Brake Rotation, Brake Offset, Wheel Rotation, Tire Color. They do nothing for stats or performance, just esthetics.

Additionally, requesting exemption from Wheel Offset if it’s already maxed-out in the designer but still way too tucked visually; and minor wheelbase adjustment.

2 Likes

Eh, maybe. I dont really know though, i prefer that the car looks the same way that it is mechanically. I’ll allow the wheel offset, but it depends in how much you use.

But there’s absolutely no way to mechanically set the first group of settings I mentioned…

2 Likes

Eh, i guess you are right, but im pretty sure centrer offset and concavity can possibly change some stuff.
I’ll think about adding the other ones to the rules as allowed, though.

Challenge currently has 28 entries. Quite a lot, so know that i will eliminate all cars that are over 20th before round 2! Maybe 25 depending on the amount of entries. I mean, i dont think anyone will be overly sad if barney and a V16 limo get eliminated.

2 Likes

Are invisible wings allowed?

1 Like

1992 EMR EX8 5.0 Spider

Want to feel the wind in your hair while looking and feeling good about it? The EX8 5.0 Spider is just the car for you.

Powered by a 280-bhp 5.0L V8 driving the rear wheels via a five-speed manual gearbox and a limited-slip differential, the EX8 has the pace to back up its panache.

All-independent dual-wishbone suspension at each wheel, tuned for agile handling without sacrificing too much comfort, and allied to 16-inch alloy wheels wrapped in high-performance tires, ensures that the EX8 handles like a dream, while 4-wheel ABS-assisted vented disc brakes give ample stopping power.

Inside, you’ll find a premium interior with genuine leather and wood trim, a high-quality stereo incorporating a cassette tape player (CD player optional), and driver and passenger front airbags.

If you want even more power, try the S (for Sport) package - it adds 60 more horsepower, a close-ratio six-speed manual gearbox, and uprated brakes and suspension to handle the extra grunt, plus 17-inch lightweight forged magnesium alloy wheels for more style and less weight gain.

The EMR EX8 Spider starts from $16,000 for the base model, with the S trim starting from $22,000.

6 Likes

I prefer if you dont use them. But, technically they are. If you are going to use a bunch of downforce i heavily reccomend just making them visible in some way. If i find out that you are using stacked/invisible wings i will take away points from styling.

Got a nice looking car for this challenge and it goes super fast too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Richard might wander past a workshop compound near the Art district in Miami, and catch a glimpse of two works in progress in one bay. One is a late 50s GT halfway through a convertible… um… conversion. It’ll never be a laptime machine, but its styling is largely sorted out.

The other is half-finished stylistically, almost no interior, and the workers have the running gear completely torn apart. From some of the hardware laying around, it looks like a serious track weapon. However, it fails to hide its Miata underpinnings, though he can see it’s obviously mid-engined. If he chats with the crew working on it, he’ll find out it’s AWD and powered by a rather aggressive flat six, and the prototype is very promising but still a ways from done.

He already has a lot of candidates, and this shop has a lot on its plate too. Is he interested enough that they should bother completing either one, especially the latter?

5 Likes

About 4 more days to the deadline, i have a quick question.
Should i make a new card for the cars in the video? Just for a fresh look.

3 Likes

Does this mean we can use a basic chassis (which is a visibility setting)?

1 Like

Yes.

Would Richard pick a real “American” V8 land barge with a french name, or a Canadian turbo droptop with a pretentious suffix?

Fowler Baltimore 360 Versailles or Swanson 217 GTO, what a dilemma. Good thing both are equally fast slow.

RR The World Wonders

7 Likes

I thought this was a car challenge, not a yacht challenge.

5 Likes

You know better than me, but I do know from watching american sealife documentaries that sometimes, you need a bigger boat.

4 Likes

1992 WM Welland

(overwriting an earlier version of this model, made in the pre-techpool days)

A true four-seat premium convertible, starting from just $16,000 in its most basic form.

Its 3.0L I6 delivers 210 horsepower to the back wheels via a five-speed manual gearbox (four-speed automatic optional).

The SE (Sport Enhanced) option package adds high-performance tires and a limited-slip differential, while the LP (Luxury Package) adds a fully automatic soft top, CD player, passenger side airbag, and traction control.

Even with both option packages fitted, the '92 WM Welland costs no more than $20,000. So what are you waiting for? Drop the top, get some friends on board and hit the gas to find out!

(Note: Trim submitted is 3.0 base model without either option package.)

Interior comparison

Base model:

With SE and LP option packages, plus automatic transmission:

4 Likes