Mille Monti 1953 [PROCESSING]

Offroad Skidtray is rather heavy, but it may improve CoG a bit. I don’t know if Automation takes that into account though, and even if it did, it doesn’t weigh enough to impact it that much.

Hello there ! Sorry to ask, but can we use decals for pilot’s name and country flags ?

1 Like

Are sports cars supposed to be open top? I can’t find any closed top sports cars in the pictures. Also is 4x4 allowed?

Hey, I saw, that a Iso Isetta with a Wheelbase of 1,5m participated in the 1954 Mille Miglia and I had the idea to take this as an inspiration. Would it therefore be possible to lower the minimum wheelbase on vehicles in the class of an engine capacity lower than 850cc to 1,5m? Thanks! :slight_smile:

if you look at the historic 1953 mille miglia, lots of the front runners were close tops

Would a historically accurate three tone paint be acceptable?
Czechoslovak racing colors from that era are red underbody, white body and a single blue stripe:

Summary

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/OI8llCE8zwHtLXojFaz8YvFSssKB-x30b9-W2ipdL2lob5H2ky9IpD2xlnaM3aOt1NfgzQ6gD4PLDBq6l2Z9n_qmbZgtalJzTIpR_H3nPCo32LB4GSnc3mr1YCY_qNlPoe-XV3Y_
https://cdn.skoda-storyboard.com/2021/06/210628-SKODA-SPORT-9-1440x961.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b3/92/17/b3921702bccb2af8ebd9ae7973981fca.jpg

I was thinking of having red wheels+bottom of chassis and a single blue stripe if possible, alternatively dropping the blue stripe.

3 Likes

1950 LVC LF1V 1.6SR

A slow but lightweight, reliable, economical, and surprisingly comfortable tortoise in a world of fragile, highly strung hares - with unusually good drivability to boot despite (or because of) its rear-mounted flat-four, developing just 60bhp but housed in a small and light (655kg) package with good aerodynamics for the era, complete with ducktail spoiler (nonfunctional due to being comprised of a single body molding fixture). Think of it as a scaled-down original A110 a little over a decade or so before the actual A110 entered production.

6 Likes

my 2L car’s total time is just under 12 hours

I’m getting sub 12h in my 850cc sports car…

My quick build 2L car (that i built just to have a metric in the end, I’ll compete in the S850 class : D ) was doing 11h 13min without me optimising it. I suspect the fastest cars will probably be in the high, maybe even in the low, 10h mark.

Very nice!

850ccm Touring: Palmia Rana 850 Veloce MM T

Dear engineers of the Mille Monti 1953 race cars,

I hereby present to you the first competitor in the Touring 850cc category, the Palmia Rana 850 Veloce MM T. I took inspiration from the 1954 Iso Isetta for this vehicle, although due to the minimum size requirement, it is now more akin to a BMW 600. This is my first vehicle in Automation, so I struggled with aspects like the interior and details such as badges. Therefore, if any of you know of a good tutorial or have experience, I would appreciate tips for the next challenge. Until then, best of luck!

8 Likes

damn, I must be missing some kind of trick within the rules then. I cant get more than around 220hp from my 2L engine. My car weighs 693kg with 0.95G cornering. Getting another 1.5 hours off of my time seems very steep for my (limited) abilities :slight_smile: .

12 Likes

I feel the same thing, I’ve spent hours experimenting and min-maxing but there is no way I’m shaving that much time. Unless I missed something in the rules of course.

Helvete-Avto 700 RS “Bullfighter”

Not at all competitive, but sports a 5.2L V12 and plush leather interior. Also very unreliable.

7 Likes

Dang, how are you able to get 0.95G cornering ? My 2L weighs less than your’s and running sports compound 155 front / 165 rear and I can’t get more than 0.81-0.83 out of it. I experimented with suspension settings, but unless I crank up tyre quality (which is illegal), no changes to cornering G

Your budget is the approximate cost from the “Detailed Stats” tab. By choosing more expensive parts/materials/quality settings, you can max it out. The sales price in the “Markets” Tab needs to be set to the approximate cost limit manually. Screenshots added to original post.

lmao … i started building a car to regulations and then realised i had no real concept of what the “approximate cost” statistic actually is, so i came to this thread to find out. Turns out i have only overshot the limit … errrr ELEVENFOLD.

Back to the drawing board i guess!

The fact that the metrics are so different from what we had at La Marche plus the updates the game has had since then really mess with me. I thought i learned a little about the game last time, but it’s not worth much anymore.

3 Likes

I have a question about the stable version, how do I know if I’m running beta or stable ? I had the beta a while back so I went on steam and selected “none” on the beta setting and I reinstalled the game, however, launching it, I still don’t have access to challenges as it stays “Disabled for open beta”. At the bottom left of my screen, it says “Build: 240207.31653.5075.Manual.RC.W” .

If this is in fact beta, how do I get the stable release ? Thanks !

the tragedy, I already send my entry yesterday… I just had an idea and made a new the engine for my car and well… just droped 20 min without min maxing the car with the new engine. Begginer mistake I guess, my first try in a challenge like this.(going for the 0-850cc-sport)

1 Like

First time getting in on this kind of thing! It was a blast to try and make something that would fit inside some regulations (going for 850cc Touring)

I ended up making like 4 different options from the 850cc, to a 1500cc flat 4, to even trying something a little silly by trying to make as small an engine as possible. Can’t wait to see how this goes!

Sometimes it’s not about raw speed and peak power, you can get a big advantage by improving driveability and comfort at the cost of speed. For example, I shaved about 10 minutes of my time by reducing 5hp (keep in mind my car doesn’t have a lot to begin with lol) while increasing low down torque, I think the test driver is bugged cause he refuses to downshift keeping in high gear for longer.

Also don’t forget to put some cheese on your toe :upside_down_face:, Der Bayer made it pretty clear with the rule clarification (cause it gives a HUGE advantage). And remember automation isn’t a perfect simulation, so sometimes unreasonable ideas might work.

By the way your car looks great! You’ve got me beaten in that for sure :rofl:.