Mille Monti 1953 [PROCESSING]

1950 LVC LF1V 1.6SR

A slow but lightweight, reliable, economical, and surprisingly comfortable tortoise in a world of fragile, highly strung hares - with unusually good drivability to boot despite (or because of) its rear-mounted flat-four, developing just 60bhp but housed in a small and light (655kg) package with good aerodynamics for the era, complete with ducktail spoiler (nonfunctional due to being comprised of a single body molding fixture). Think of it as a scaled-down original A110 a little over a decade or so before the actual A110 entered production.

6 Likes

my 2L carā€™s total time is just under 12 hours

Iā€™m getting sub 12h in my 850cc sports carā€¦

My quick build 2L car (that i built just to have a metric in the end, Iā€™ll compete in the S850 class : D ) was doing 11h 13min without me optimising it. I suspect the fastest cars will probably be in the high, maybe even in the low, 10h mark.

Very nice!

850ccm Touring: Palmia Rana 850 Veloce MM T

Dear engineers of the Mille Monti 1953 race cars,

I hereby present to you the first competitor in the Touring 850cc category, the Palmia Rana 850 Veloce MM T. I took inspiration from the 1954 Iso Isetta for this vehicle, although due to the minimum size requirement, it is now more akin to a BMW 600. This is my first vehicle in Automation, so I struggled with aspects like the interior and details such as badges. Therefore, if any of you know of a good tutorial or have experience, I would appreciate tips for the next challenge. Until then, best of luck!

8 Likes

damn, I must be missing some kind of trick within the rules then. I cant get more than around 220hp from my 2L engine. My car weighs 693kg with 0.95G cornering. Getting another 1.5 hours off of my time seems very steep for my (limited) abilities :slight_smile: .

12 Likes

I feel the same thing, Iā€™ve spent hours experimenting and min-maxing but there is no way Iā€™m shaving that much time. Unless I missed something in the rules of course.

Helvete-Avto 700 RS ā€œBullfighterā€

Not at all competitive, but sports a 5.2L V12 and plush leather interior. Also very unreliable.

7 Likes

Dang, how are you able to get 0.95G cornering ? My 2L weighs less than yourā€™s and running sports compound 155 front / 165 rear and I canā€™t get more than 0.81-0.83 out of it. I experimented with suspension settings, but unless I crank up tyre quality (which is illegal), no changes to cornering G

Your budget is the approximate cost from the ā€œDetailed Statsā€ tab. By choosing more expensive parts/materials/quality settings, you can max it out. The sales price in the ā€œMarketsā€ Tab needs to be set to the approximate cost limit manually. Screenshots added to original post.

lmao ā€¦ i started building a car to regulations and then realised i had no real concept of what the ā€œapproximate costā€ statistic actually is, so i came to this thread to find out. Turns out i have only overshot the limit ā€¦ errrr ELEVENFOLD.

Back to the drawing board i guess!

The fact that the metrics are so different from what we had at La Marche plus the updates the game has had since then really mess with me. I thought i learned a little about the game last time, but itā€™s not worth much anymore.

3 Likes

I have a question about the stable version, how do I know if Iā€™m running beta or stable ? I had the beta a while back so I went on steam and selected ā€œnoneā€ on the beta setting and I reinstalled the game, however, launching it, I still donā€™t have access to challenges as it stays ā€œDisabled for open betaā€. At the bottom left of my screen, it says ā€œBuild: 240207.31653.5075.Manual.RC.Wā€ .

If this is in fact beta, how do I get the stable release ? Thanks !

the tragedy, I already send my entry yesterdayā€¦ I just had an idea and made a new the engine for my car and wellā€¦ just droped 20 min without min maxing the car with the new engine. Begginer mistake I guess, my first try in a challenge like this.(going for the 0-850cc-sport)

1 Like

First time getting in on this kind of thing! It was a blast to try and make something that would fit inside some regulations (going for 850cc Touring)

I ended up making like 4 different options from the 850cc, to a 1500cc flat 4, to even trying something a little silly by trying to make as small an engine as possible. Canā€™t wait to see how this goes!

Sometimes itā€™s not about raw speed and peak power, you can get a big advantage by improving driveability and comfort at the cost of speed. For example, I shaved about 10 minutes of my time by reducing 5hp (keep in mind my car doesnā€™t have a lot to begin with lol) while increasing low down torque, I think the test driver is bugged cause he refuses to downshift keeping in high gear for longer.

Also donā€™t forget to put some cheese on your toe :upside_down_face:, Der Bayer made it pretty clear with the rule clarification (cause it gives a HUGE advantage). And remember automation isnā€™t a perfect simulation, so sometimes unreasonable ideas might work.

By the way your car looks great! Youā€™ve got me beaten in that for sure :rofl:.

yeahā€¦ shaved 30 minutes from my already submitted car

HUGEE

Been testing some concepts, if Iā€™m not mistaken the best 2.0L time I got was around 11:30, now Iā€™m working with a 4.0L that goes close to 11:20. Horsepower does not go well with the tyres limitations and the excess drag race after cornering really make heavy torque dependent for faster times. Basically, engine tunning does a huge deal with wheelspin and grip, 120hp~160hp would be the limitation I found depending on the weight of the car, to be the best grip response.
PS: loved the look of your car.

Yeah, I found it pretty infuriating that the driver sits in the middle of the rev range instead of shifting down, I made two prototypes, one with a 2L tuned for high end around 200hp, and one tuned for mid end around 140hp. The 140hp was faster in every single stage, even the higher speed ones because the darn driver would keep it around 4000-6000 rpm in a car with 10k rev limiter even though I specificaly tuned the high revving engine to have 7-10k rpm rev range with good gearing

I feel like I have made something unholy, a 1100cc FWD boxer 4 that can corner at 0.96G, can I get some fixture mod reccomendations

I guess that would be alright. Keep them small, please :slight_smile:

Sports cars can be open or closed. 4x4 is allowed, as it is just heavy and cars will still be RWD in the track simulation (i.e. itā€™s probably just a waste of money).

Unfortunately no, the wheelbase limit has to stay!

Yes, thatā€™s totally fine.

If you have selected ā€œnoneā€ then you are on the right version. In-game challenges are currently disabled, this is normal.

Thatā€™s why you should not submit 3 weeks before the deadline. Better not touch your car after submission, you will always find some time :slight_smile:

The unwillingness to downshift is annoying indeed. I have tried to adjust the gear ratios to extremes, which has remedied it a little. But i think going for a different torque curve is what i have to do next.
ā€¦ But with a time of currently 15 hours flat there are a lot of things i still have to figure out, apparently. At least the car is in budget now.