Mille Monti 1953 [PROCESSING]

In the main campaign page/hub, click the far bottom right button “Company Museum”, then choose a car and export with the far bottom right button “Send to Sandbox”. Back out of campaign and go to the sandbox Car Designer and it will load with a popup right before it lets you in.

Perfect, thank you.

Great Build! What are the specs and projected time?

2 Likes

Not sure how detailed folks go into their specs on here, but it’s an 848cc Boxer-4, rear-engined hatch putting out just shy of 44hp, revving to 7000 RPM. Automation says it tops at 73 mph on flat ground and has a 0-100 kph of 19 seconds, at just over 1500 lbs of curb weight. My testing puts it at about 14h9m on the Mille Monti test tracks.

2 Likes

My entry for the Mille Monti 1953. The Freccia Agenta Tipo S.

1299cc I6 | 70 hp @ 5900 rpm | 150 km/h | 0 - 100 km/h in 13.9 s | 757 kg

15 Likes

Here’s me entry for Mille Monti '53.

1950 Phiech SC220 - a German sports car made for sports category with German technologies.

Boxer 4 1999cc | 98 RON | 115 hp @ 5900 rpm | 143 km/h | 0-100 km/h in 7.6s | 732 kg

S - Sports
C - Coupe
2 - 2 seats
20 - 2.0 Liters engine

It’ll fly like a rocket!

16 Likes

What is the max engine size (none i presume but just to be sure.)

In the above 2000cc, none. But, you will suffer with weight and reliability on big engines. My currently 4000cc is close to 11:01.

im not sure if anyone has asked but are license plates manditory and also must they be at the default size in automation?

1946 Swanson Swan

2 Likes

The one-of-a-kind 1950 SUMA L602R. The L602, beginning production in 1949, was a luxury car meant for government officials; however, civilian versions were to become available in overseas countries as early as 1951, and SUMA created this unique cabriolet as a means of advertising the model in competitions.

It was heavily modified compared to what would actually become available, and remains the only two-door convertible model ever made. Its hand-made construction was of significantly higher quality, and it was equipped with far fewer features and numerous weight-saving design changes, as well as a completely different suspension utilizing double wishbone in all four corners.

When entered into Mille Monti, it was originally going to run alongside a sedan which more closely resembled what would be available for purchase; however, this second vehicle was lost during shipping, and had supposedly found its way into private hands long before any others.

20 Likes

Azzurini Motor's Teresine 200 C. Its powered by a 3.0L V12, which is quite excessive, but the boss wanted to bring back the pre-war glory days. On paper this car is quite fast, in reality budget cuts and the nature of the Mille Monti have stifled the potential of this foward thinking mid-engine race car.
9 Likes

I felt there was the need to go through the complete process once and answer a few questions along the way:

I will only take pictures from the outside of the car. Still, a bit of the inside will be visible, so I’d say a very basic interior (seats, steering wheel, basic dash) will help. On convertibles/roadsters more of the interior is visible, so you probably should invest more time on interior there. I won’t disqualify you if you have no interior.

I won’t enforce having numberplates, but in general the cars are assumed to be road legal and thus should have numberplate, preferably unscaled/default size.

4 Likes

Ok, so I have a slight problem. My brain kinda went offline while I was running my car through the test tracks, and as such when I typed in my time values in the spreadsheet I didn’t write the seconds but just like this: Test time: 1:51.72 > Spreadsheet: 151.72s
Will the cat be ran through the tests again by the Competition or do I have to cope with my stupidity?

The gap mentioned between car starting times are 1-2 minutes. The minutes being referred are added to the final time right? Not raw time since that doesnt make sense to me.

For example:

If my 4K cc has 25 cars ahead of it in starting times, my car would go off the starting line about 25-50 minutes after the first car which would be the 850cc class.

Lets say the race begins at 7am. The 850cc cars would take for example 14 hours to finish. Whilst my 4000cc car takes 10 hours.
But since i start later. My car will finish 10 hours + 25-50 minutes after the race starts.

This would mean they would reach the first few legs first but i would reach Meranio at 5:50 PM latest and they would reach Meranio around 9:00-9:10PM and the other classes in somewhere between. (Unless a 2000cc speed demon obliterates my land barge which probably would happen)

Maybe everyone understood it already and im a bit slow but just slapping this out there incase anyones finds it helpful

3 Likes

I believe it’s added to the final time, but it happens at the start of all stages. So you expect to add about 25-50 minutes per stage (200-400 minutes in total)

Ooohhh i thought people just pass through stages and they just serve as geographical checkpoints for drivers and places for mass spectators to gather. They stop per leg? Bruhhh gotta make sure my minmax-ing is still relevant.

Doesnt this… disadvantage the >=2000cc and 2000cc+ categories? Like between all my different class test mules they only have like 3-5 minutes difference per stage (5 seconds in raw time). Yet the smaller displacement cars gets the atleast 25 minute advantage every single stage?

Idk sth doesnt add up somewhere.

Starting time differences are NOT added to the overall time. Cars just don’t start at the same time, like in a modern rally.

The ONLY difference this makes is for the “arrive first in any city” trophies. Here the smaller cars obviously have an advantage, as they start first.

1 Like

Oh okay got that part, thanks.

Do the competing cars stop after completing a leg and do the whole start from small CC to Big CC again?

If that’s the case the smaller cars would 99% reach the other end of the leg first because they start first, while the large CC cars (even though faster in leg time) start way later than the smaller ones.

Imagine coming to a stop, getting a stamp into the time control sheet, and taking off again immediately. I.e. no noticable stop. Cars continue on immediately.

Only at the beginning of Leg 1 there is the official starting procedure with the 1-2 minute gaps. The rest is completely open as the event progresses.

4 Likes