Mille Monti 1953 [PROCESSING]

How are you guys making below 700kgs 2.0L cars?
I can barely get below 800kgs even with -8 safety, optimized weight at 64, and basic interior.
What am I missing or doing wrong?

I’m relatively inexperienced and don’t know what I’m doing half of the time. Any pointers will be appreciated

2 Likes

This is actually done through Poster feature you can find in-game. On very last page of the design, where export and photo scene buttons are located :slight_smile:

poster

Weight is not everything, in fact I’ve made my 2L+ car about 30kgs heavier for many points of driveability. It’s around 830kgs.

that 0.95g cornering is pointless with the driveability penalties it’ll incur, again there is a happy balance but it’s near the top end of stats, not the lower end.

2 Likes

after to much time I guess that 12 hours is what I could have done :sweat_smile: great learning, I hope that someday these challenge may become something integrated in the game.
I choosed to name with a native language just to change things a bit

6 Likes

Thanks a ton!

My submitted entry to the <2000cc Touring class. After checking the thread and seeing my competition I wish I had made some adjustments, oh well. Lots of fun, I’m really enjoying my first event and I look forward to seeing other cool designs.

4 Likes

Thank you! It’s not quite the final tune yet but the four wheel slides are certainly exciting, and it definitely has RR syndrome with the back trying it’s very best to twist it’s way to the front. I’ll definitely release an update for it in full MM spec once the tune is final!

1 Like

Assuming you used fibreglass and spaceframe instead of ladder… and double wishbones… Weight can be shed through several areas. Interior quality, entertainment system, improving quality on the chassis (body doesnt afaik just drag) engine balancer mass, brakes, wheels even. But the body matters too. Which is why i think the 45 bug body will win the challenge.

3 Likes

I found through testing that body is the one that impacts weight the most. Same settings, same wheelbase, some bodies are 100kg lighter than others

1 Like

Thank you so much for the answer. I didn’t know for the same wheel base weights can be different

1 Like

Thank you so much for the answer. I was optimizing everything but didn’t know the body weights are significantly different. After figuring this out I was able to reach below 700 with 1945 Bug :pray:

1 Like

my 0.95G car gets just over 11h, with some optimalisation to go.
Not among the real top competitors probably, but I wouldn’t say it’s ‘pointless’ to improve cornering

1 Like

Even it’s not my first event for “Der Bayer’s Big Event”

But this is my first 50’s competition car.

1950 Colere Mistral 6 Pista
(Entered as sports car category)

15 Likes

Pointless without improving driveability along with it. I’m pulling 0.93gs but I’m well into the 10h mark :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

CreFaRo Automobili is a Fruinian car manufacturer born in the farmlands at the foot of Monte Rosciano, near Crevosa and Fanella. From these three locations the brand gets the name (Crevosa, Fanella and Rosciano).
Without much experience in car engineering and with little funds, the company started slow, building small displacement family cars, ignoring the racing scene in the country.

After a few years delivering cars to the near cities, the manager and engineer Augusto Boncompagni decided it was time to go racing to get some recognition for his (proudly Fruinian) work. That’s when the 1953 Mille Monti comes in.

The original car, the 1947 CreFaRo Cheta, is a rear-engined 4 seat fastback designed to be somewhat agile but still driveable. In fact, the name Cheta hides two meanings: it comes from the adjective “cheto” (in italian/west fruinian, a regional and slightly unused word for “calm”) and it also refers to the nearby river Chetone.

Augusto took his Cheta and, after several iterations of tuned prototypes, managed to go race the Mille Monti: a total of three cars signed up to the race, a stock 1948 model, an upgraded “MM” trim and a tailor-made “MM2” trim.

The MM suffered a crash in the downhill section of leg 2 before the city of Lupegno, while the stock Cheta calmly (pun intended) reached the finish with a time just under 15 hours. The MM2 was driven by Augusto Boncompagni himself: this one is the car competing in the challenge.

Full gallery
Poster with car specifications

11 Likes

How far did you go? I’m struggling around 10:57

Yeah I’m below that by a bit, keep going!

1 Like

I think you’re right. In my experience, the time achieved is better when sacrificing some drivability for higher cornering, but not too much. It might be different in different situations though.

The cornering g’s displayed are the amounts of lateral acceleration that is induced in the car when turning at its limit in two conditions: a 20m radius circle and a 200m radius circle. Higher cornering g’s means that you can take turns faster; not only do you pass distance faster in the corner, you can also brake less, earlier and so keep speed for longer, and you’ll have a higher speed coming out of a turn. It’s very important for courses with a lot of turns. You can calculate max cornering speed from max acceleration, for example the cornering speed in a 200m radius turn with 0.9 cornering g’s is 176.5 km/h (well, unless I calculated something wrong…)

5 Likes

Here is my first ever “real” car made in the game the Caravelle Bourdon

The Bourdon is the first car built by Caravelle a western French automotive workshop. The car is named after the buzzing sound made by the NA flat 4 engine.
Some say it’s slow, unreliable and it can’t even turn take a proper turn.
To save the reputation of their brand new company, the founders of Caravelle decided to make the Bourdon compete at the 1953 edition of the Mille Monti.
Nobody know how they convinced a mortal man to drive this steel coffin but let’s pray for his soul

11 Likes

2 Likes