Mille Monti 1953 [PROCESSING]

I’d second that.

Entries Closed

Thank you for your entries. I think we have 276 entries (before disqualifications)!

Please be patient while I take images of your cars and prepare the Design Vote. The Vote will be open for about 2 weeks and I hope to get it started before/during the weekend.

Please watch this thread for news - I will not ping everybody (next time I will need a method to ping everybody, Discord or whatever).

55 Likes

Very nice

Yep, the actually “how” is about budget, resources management is huge deal in this challenge. The first prototype I’ve done without min/max was about 40k approximate cost, and it was really bad performance, lots of hours late 20k min/max I think I have some chance of at least do a good leg.
@VT_Autosport, I dare to say that if this car is actually under the rules it will be far ahead of its competitors…

Im so hyped for this event

2 Likes

Nagase Dawn 1300
Originally an affordable people’s car, it has been trimmed and tuned for a more excitable clientele! The 1274cc inline 4 has been tuned up to produce a whopping 75.8 horsepower, and the suspension tuned more for performance than comfort, and the hubcaps removed to save weight. All of this to allow competition in motorsport events without having to produce an entirely new model!

28 Likes

Here I am noticing the nameplate unwrote itself when I took the pictures…

4 Likes

i hate that everytime i open automation now i look at the little ugly thing i submited and think about how i could make it look good… early submission never again.

5 Likes
50 Likes

Some close-ups of the Campodoro 136 MM.
Somehow all the photoscenes made the bottom of the car a bit to dark.

22 Likes

Ah, now I see how bad my car looks in comparision. Maybe should have submitted a better looking one, but this one was by far the fastest. Good luck everyone!

Dalluha Coach & Motor Works presents…

1963 1953 DCMW Nashwar

(Standard Twelve trim)

32 Likes

Perseo Joins the Mille Monti

This is a collab with @DrDoomD1scord

Perseo will enter two cars in the 1953 Mille Monti. With bodywork designed by Swedish/American coachbuilder Ragnarock, the Spanish brand will enter one car into the T2000 class and another one into the S2000 class. The German team Tarske will take care of the racing operations.

Perseo GTF Touring (T2000)

This stylish hatchback offers both practicality and performance. By entering this car, Perseo wants to show the world the reliability and handling their road cars are capable of.

The Touring trim has some small modifications from the standard GTF to adapt it to racing conditions. A 2L boxer 4 engine powers the front wheels through a 3 speed gearbox. Customers can contact Perseo to convert their cars into this trim.

Perseo GTS FFR (S2000)

Apart from reliability, Perseo also wanted to impress with their speed, and an entry into the sports class was the best way to do it. The original plan was to modify a GTF for the sports class, but after some deliberation, it was decided that a new chassis was needed to be competitive.

And thus the GTS was born. This agile roadster shares only the engine and transmission with the GTF, everything else has been built from scratch. It might not be the most powerful, but thanks to a space frame covered by fibre glass panels it’s light and nimble. With the aditions of good reliability and predictable handling, the GTS FFR will hopefully be a contender in its class.

Gallery

Once again, thanks to @DrDoomD1scord for the help.

30 Likes

We are so back

9 Likes

Any chance I can get a copy of this beautiful car to drive in BeamNG?

Viettor Vienetti GTO.

Massive thanks to @iivansmith for working on the car and Svet Vnoske for the tire textures!!!

64 Likes

sadly it breaks beam at the moment :slight_smile:

Breaks in what way? Since entries for the challenge are now closed could I see the .car?

Corso d’Eleganza

Start of Voting

All entries have arrived - the official number is 278! Sorry for the slight delay in progressing to the voting phase. Things were not made easy for me with private mods, outdated mods, inconsistent naming of cars and players between .car files and registration forms, and photoscenes each having their own quirks. But now all images for the vote have been taken and compiled. Before we proceed to the voting, I have a short request:

Call for Help

Due to the extreme number of entries, it would be highly appreciated if you could write two or three sentences about your car, special engineering choices, lore, whatever is important to you. This will help me tremendously preparing the presentation of the participants and will make sure that I don’t miss a special feature. This task is optional - if you want to support, please fill this form (and try to enter the player name you used for your registration :sweat_smile:):

Voting Process

• The entries have been split into 6 groups, to make it easier for you to vote pack by pack.
  • Voting is not required, but it would be appreiciated if you voted on as many as possible.
  • Please vote for each contestant with a score from 1 (not very nice) to 10 (absolutely stunning).
  • Things you can consider are design coherence, level of detail, creativity, crafting skill, era correctness (for early 1950s) and whatever comes to your mind.
  • Please try not to consider the colour choices too much, as the photoscene is not always in favour of the colours chosen (I tried several, this was the one with the least issues across the board).
  • You may vote with 10 points for your own entry, no matter how it looks like :slight_smile:
  • In order to vote, you must have participated in the challenge. There is a validation part in the first two questions for each form (it’s like showing your ID).
  • Please try to be somewhat consistent and fair. Obvious downvoting of contestants will not be tolerated.
  • The cars have not yet gone through technical scrutineering. Every car will participate in the vote, disqualifications happen afterwards. So no worries if you spot a wing or two :smiling_face_with_tear:

Have fun enjoying the designs!

Please remember that the votes for the contestants have been split into 7 packages, and it would be appreciated if you voted on as many as possible. Thanks!

Links

Sports Part 1: https://forms.gle/7rphZCR34XgeYG5E8
Sports Part 2: https://forms.gle/g2aDujkwVhhWiS8r7
Sports Part 3: https://forms.gle/WnnQUnpR8Yvoh1wBA
Sports Part 4: https://forms.gle/oLA2miZjVpvGEbiw6
Touring Part 1: https://forms.gle/iDy8fWVUCRBE5u246
Touring Part 2: https://forms.gle/UFGVB6boh94P1ab27
Missing Cars Part 1: https://forms.gle/TsTozbqgnyuV62xo6

High-res photos can be downloaded here: Mille Monti Photos - Google Drive

Deadline

The deadline for the vote is Saturday, May 11, 4 p.m. CEST

If you spot any major issues or your car is missing (and you have properly registered before the deadline), please let me know. Thanks!

30 Likes

Hello all!,
During the voting process I noticed that a cutout had not rendered properly. This is my oversight and because of that I am not asking for it to be fixed as it’s a small issue that only I would have noticed but I want to point it out to the voters if they spot it.

I would like to thank you Der Bayer for hosting this event in your free time. This event has pushed me to make my most thought out and detailed car yet and I really enjoyed it! I wish everyone good luck and may victory be in your future.

3 Likes