Not-So-Hot Hatches Thread

For all hatchbacks. I feel like liftbacks are more suited to the sedan (or regular coupe for 3 door) threads, but they are fine here too.

2 Likes

2008 AMS Autan 1.6 S 3-Door

Not a true hot hatch, more like a warm one.

5 Likes

Finally somewhere to post them…thanks!

4 Likes

1980-84 SAARLAND ADJUNKT

The fourth generation of Saarland’s front wheel drive compact was released in 1980. Compared to its predecessor, it had a totally different chassis layout, instead of the double wishbone front and leaf sprung solid rear axle that had been around since 1962, it now utilized a McPherson strut/Torsion beam layout. The 54 hp 1.2 litre OHV four in the base model was still a development of the engine from the first Adjunkt in 1962, but there was a range of new SOHC engines in the higher trim levels, even a fuel injected 1.8 litre in the ES version.

The most popular version was the 3 door hatchback, but there was also a 4 door sedan and a station wagon available. The fourth generation Adjunkt was replaced by the more aerodynamic fifth (and last) generation in 1985.

3 Likes

My Second reall attempt at making a car, the 1975 Eagle Omega, a 1 ton 3 door with a 98 bhp 2.0 liter I4.
Not exactly fast but reliable and nippy in its initial form

2 Likes