QFC27 - EBITDA |Finals|

QFC27
EBITDA

PROLOGUE

Wilhelm is a successful businessman in his early 30s, residing in the vibrant city of Cologne, Germany. He is the proud owner of an investment consulting firm that had experienced remarkable growth in recent years. Wilhelm’s business acumen and astute financial decisions had propelled him to great heights, earning him both respect and wealth within the industry. Wilhelm had always been captivated by the finer things in life. His penchant for luxury was evident in his taste for expensive clothes, accessories, and a lavish lifestyle. To him, material possessions were not just symbols of status but also a testament to his hard-earned success. While some deemed him shallow, his partner Jonathan knows Wilhelm better than anyone else. Jonathan understands that behind the ostentatious exterior lays a driven and ambitious individual, one who has worked tirelessly to achieve his goals. However, Jonathan, the sensible and pragmatic counterpart in their relationship, always emphasizes the importance of financial stability and planning for the future. He knows that despite their current prosperity, economic conditions could change, and it is crucial to be prepared. When the time came for Wilhelm to purchase a new car, the couple found themselves at a crossroads.

Wilhelm had initially envisioned a flashy, extravagant car that would mirror his persona and make a statement wherever he went. However, considering the potential high taxes on expensive vehicles with large engines and high carbon footprints, as rumored to be introduced in Germany, Jonathan insisted on a more practical and cost-effective option. He emphasized the need for a premium, yet sensible car that wouldn’t break the bank in terms of maintenance and taxes. Taking into account Wilhelm’s frequent long drives on the unrestricted autobahn, it was vital that the new car could comfortably sustain speeds exceeding 200 km/h for extended periods. Additionally, it had to prioritize comfort, safety, prestige, and aesthetic appeal. Jonathan, aware of their penchant for weekend trips and occasional outings with friends, also stressed the importance of decent practicality and fuel efficiency.

BRIEF
Wilhelm, a man with a love for luxury and the finer things in life, is in search of a new car that reflects his extravagant taste. His partner Jonathan, however, is focused on financial stability and urges Wilhelm to consider a more practical and cost-effective option. They aim to find a premium car that balances comfort, safety, prestige, and aesthetic appeal, while also being economical and suitable for their lifestyle. Considering Wilhelm's frequent long drives on the unrestricted autobahn, the car should comfortably sustain high speeds. Together, they navigate the balance between Wilhelm's desire for luxury and Jonathan's concerns for financial prudence.

PRIORITÄTEN

:star::star::star:

DESIGN COHERENCE, PERIOD CORRECTNESS, REALISM
For starters, it has to be road legal. So wipers, lights (3rd brake light), etc. If it’s a base spec C-Klass competitor make it look like one. Give it some chrome, some plastic. The design needs to represent what the car underneath is, design cues should flow together well and each fixture should have a purpose. This isn’t a call to over- or underdesign your cars, just have them look good. As for realism if your entry has a 1.0l i3 and a luxury interior my eyebrow will rise.

COMFORT
He’s going to be driving on all types of surfaces and in all types of conditions. Pay attention to RPMs at highway speeds. Your car needs to be planted at higher speeds and yet comfortable enough to cope with the cobbled roads of Germanies city centers.

RELIABILITY
Wilhelm is going to do well over 25,000 kilometers a year the car just can’t break down randomly when he is doing 200km/h on an autobahn.

EFFICIENCY and VALUE
This includes fuel consumption, service costs, taxes and base price.

:star::star:

SAFETY
You are making a premium “performance” offering it just has to be packed with the latest passive and active safety tech.

PRESTIEGE
Wilhelm is a CEO of a small yet successful consulting firm he can’t show up to a business meeting in a Kia Rio.

PRACTICALITY
They often go on weekend getaways so they need to be able to pack a suitcase or two. Sometimes they take their friends with them so Wilhelm and Jonathan are looking for a reasonably practical car that can seat at least four.

:star:

DRIVABILITY
To be frank all new cars are easy to drive, yours should be too.

SPORT
Wilhelm is a keen driver, having a car that can handle a bend or two won’t go unnoticed.

NOTES AND GUIDES

• There is no single correct answer when it comes to selecting a drive type, drivability has purposely been set as a low priority to allow a variety of drive types.
  • Regarding performance, aim for 0-100km/h in the range of 6s to mid 8s, as for top speed, above 200km/h.
  • Read the full story for a better understanding of Wilhelm’s character and what kind of vehicle he is after.

TAX CALCULATIONS

Taxes depend on your engine size.

Engine size TAX 
 0 - 1.0  /
 1.01 - 1.5  100
 1.51 - 2.0  200
2.01 - 2.5   300
2.51 - 3.0   400
3.01 - 3.5   500
3.51 - 4.0   600
4.01 - 4.5   700
4.51 - 5.0   800

Depending on the size of your engine you are going to add up the cost of the tax to the service costs of your car. So if you have a 2.0l engine and your service costs are 1000 you are going to add 200 (from the tax table above) to your service costs. That brings your total service costs to 1200.

HOWEVER
If your trim emissions are less or equal to 15 you are tax exempt.

RULES

Model and Trim
  • IMPORTANT - You are making a 2023 car (design and engineering-wise) but because Automation set your years to 2020.
  • Years: Model Years - 2018 - 2020 ; Trim Year - 2020.
  • Body: SUV, Sedan, Hatchback, Estate, Liftback, Coupe.
  • Interior: 4 seats minimum, but does audi make an A4 with 4 seats?
  • Gearbox: Automatic (DCT included).
  • Drivetrain: Any you see fit.
  • Speed: Your car must have a top speed above 200km/h ideally in the range of 220 km/h to 250km/h
  • Techpool: Keep it default (5 in all categories).
  • Maximum Price: 27,000$
  • Interior: Will not be judged, however feel free to make one.

Engine

• Years: Family Year - to 2020; Variant Year - 2020.
  • Loudness: 38 or less.
  • Techpool: Keep it default (5 on all categories)
  • Fuel: 95 RON only

For everything else use common sense aka don’t min max.

INSPIRATIONS

It has to be said that these are primarily design inspirations.

SEDAN

SUV

LIFTBACK

OTHER

SUBMISSIONS
  • Submissions open on JULY 7, 2023, 12.00 (UTC+1)
  • Submissions close on JULY 15, 2023, 23.59 (UTC+1)
  • The naming scheme is QFC27 - (forum username) for the car model and engine family. Trim and variant are free.
  • HOW TO SUBMIT?
    You can submit your entry file from July 7th to July 15th via DMs on forums. Additionally, you need to make an ad for your entry, otherwise your entry will not be considered. Sending in your entry before submissions open will result in your entry not being considered. Resubmission will not be allowed.

THIS IS NOT A FINAL VERSION. RULES AND PRIORITIES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

CHANGELOG:

• Added fuel type rule: Only allowed fuel is 95 RON
  • Clarified minimum emissions for tax exemption

NOTE FROM VOUGE
And most importantly, have fun! Don’t be salty, sad or disappointed if your car doesn’t win as it’s all about participation in the first place. Take your time with your entries, there’s no need to rush them. Also, any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated! Don’t be afraid to speak out when there’s an issue somewhere, I’d love to try and resolve it. And big thanks to @That-S-cop for helping out with test mules.

16 Likes

Given that the trim/variant year must be set to 2020, if we are to use an actual automatic transmission (not a dual-clutch one), it must be of the advanced, electronically controlled variety. Also, does the car’s base price (as shown in the detailed stats mode in the overview tab) count towards efficiency?

That’s a very good observation, I forgot to mention that. To answer your question, yes the base price is also one of the elements that is viewed under efficiency.

Are cars with engines larger than 5.0L still taxed $800, or are they taxed more?

What’s the year for the engine

I’m looking for a collab if someone is interested. I would work on the engineering and I leave the design to the other person.

Engine family year can be 2020 or earlier, with a variant year of 2020 (as stated in the OP).

If I haven’t missed anything, I’d suggest to set the required fuel to euro 95 RON since that’s what you find around here and ‘performance fuels’ (shell v-power, whatever) tend to be iffy and scattered station-to-station. And also really expensive at the moment.

4 Likes

Agreed. 95 RON should be the bare minimum. 98 RON may also be allowed, but with a slight penalty.

Also, cars with engines greater than 5.0L should be taxed at $900-$1000 AMU per month.

Love the premise - sounds a bit familiar - and the rule variations. Wish automatic weren’t mandatory.

Engine emissions or trim emissions?

Also 15.0 counts or 14.9 and under?

You up?

Trim emissions and yes 15 is good enough.

Sure!

say i have a wagon and compact hatch (i see a golf in the inspo so i assume going small could be ok), both have basically the same stats but the wagon somehow has less practicality. what’s more important, the look of practicality/ larger size, or a higher practicality score?

I wouldn’t be so concerned about 2 or 3 practicality points. I suggest going with the one that looks better. And while yes, I did put a gti as and inspiration, golf is a class smaller car, and the price should refelct that.

2 Likes

2023 Menschen Zermatt MSE

The new for 2023 Menschen Zermatt MSE (Menschen Sports Engineering) brings space, comfort and speed to the compact SUV segment. An efficient 2.1 litre turbo 4 cylinder producing 243 bhp is mated to an 8 speed DCT, propelling the crossover to a top speed of 273 km/h (with the MSE Drivers Package). 0-100 comes in at 6.66 seconds. Adaptive dampers, semi-active anti-roll bars and a premium interior make this a comfortable choice, as well as a fast one.

14 Likes

2023 styling is not for me… anyone more modern-eyed want to collaborate?

2023 FREUDE XF3
HiResPhoto392_1_920-1_080-removebg-preview
Freude may be late to the premium CUV segment, but our debututant, the XF3, is no beginner with a potent, yet efficient, FTEC 2.0 liter turbocharged I4 producing 260 horsepower and 291 lb-ft of torque standard. A 3.0 liter twin turbocharged V6 with up to 480 horsepower will be available late 2023. A silky smooth 10 speed automatic transmission and rear wheel drive push the XF3 equipped with the standard engine from 0-100 km/h in just 6.66 seconds and is able to reach a top speed of 245 km/h. Despite the performance, the XF3 is still highly economical, achieving an average of 12.8 km/L. All of this for a starting MSRP of $23,000. Sound too good to be true? Visit your local Freude dealership to see that it’s not.
HiResPhoto393_1_920-1_080-removebg-preview
Shown: 2023 XF3 S4. MSRP $25,700.

Gallery

11 Likes