QFC38 - Wheels Down Under (Submissions Closed)

is anyone even going to read this? I guess I'll just put a spaceship here (_)(_)=====D~~

The 2014 G3E series Harrier Sport-X

By Halvson

The G3 Harrier, now freshly updated.

With more LED lights, redesigned interiors, and stylish new daytime running lights, the all-Australian favourite is set to delight once more.

The Sport-X comes standard with a premium interior with infotainment and HalvSafe™️ safety pack, black sports accents, aero pack, diamond cut/grey 18 inch wheels, red brake callipers with 300mm front discs, and of course our signature I5NG engine with sPORT technology, now making 154kW, mated to a new 7 speed automatic.

Available now for $27,000, call your nearest Halvson dealer or visit us online at www.halvson.com.au for more details or to book a test drive.

The G3E Harrier Sport-X is P Plater certified in Victoria, if you have the misfortune of living there.
6 Likes

2014 Archer Mistral 3.6 Premium w/ Perf. Pack

Lore

New for 2014, the Mistral is the 6th generation of Archer’s famed muscle car, sporting an all new platform that’s 35% more rigid than its predecessor, new front and rear suspension geometry and a selection of new and revised engines. The 6th generation Mistral is the first to be globally exported directly by Archer, with it being available for sale in the US, Europe and Australia. Shown here is a mid-level 3.6 Premium with the optional Performance Package, powered by an all-new direct-injected 3.6L naturally aspirated V6 producing 300 horsepower, mated to a 6-speed manual, sending power to the rear wheels. The Performance Package adds a more aggressive final drive ratio, black lower trim pieces, a mechanical limited-slip differential, 3-position adjustable dampers, linelock, 20-inch diamond-cut wheels, and more. As shown, this Mistral is painted in Sunburst Yellow, and retails for $26,500.

Gallery

22 Likes

Do you want something that’ll fit under the Montague St. Bridge?

That’s a straight-five, not a straight-four or straight-six as I first thought this car would have. However, the car’s proportions suggest that it’s RWD, not FWD or AWD.

Also, my entry is the only one to have a V8 - so far. But I took the all-round approach with it - it’s a relatively big and heavy four-door car with room for five that just happens to have serious performance figures. I also evaluated a smaller 2+2 coupe powered by a turbo I4, which had more sportiness, but I rejected it on the grounds of potentially insufficient comfort.

this is a placeholder ad because i am very sick

uyemura magistra RK, it has a v8, and it’s big

yep, four wheels too, pretty cool right

front end by @vouge

16 Likes

2014 Mara Xenia 1.6 SRS

Mara’s bread-and-butter compact / mid-range offering was all new for 2012 and now called Xenia, available in Sedan, Liftback and Universal wagon form. The I4 ‘Efektyv’ engine family was also all-new and its 1.6 variant the middle one of the three engine options available for the Xenia.

An optional Sports pack was available for both Regular and Komfort trims and contained sports tyres, a lowered sports suspension, the choice of a 6-speed automatic or manual, a front and rear spoiler, as well as an engine boost by 18 kW over the standard 1.6 engine.

Default colour (and unique to Sports pack trims) was Speed Yellow, but the Xenia’s regular colour palette was also available among the options.

7 Likes

Usually, when one hears of a high-revving DOHC V10 engine, it is usually mounted in some horribly impractical supercar or luxury sedan. Not so with the Forrest Motors Mako. This, the base model is offered exclusively with a 7-speed automatic transmission bolted to a 2.6 litre, rear-mounted V10 making 184hp. Coupled with the car’s lithe 1234kg curb weight, 6.6 second 0-100 time and all-wheel drive, this makes for a fun yet safe driving experience. And with 5 seats and 8.6l/100km, it isn’t short on practicality either. (Yes, I am aware of the photo feature in Automation, but my game crashes whenever I use it, so I’ve chosen not to.)

3 Likes

the machine is ready for tuning in NFS

3 Likes

Matsuma Mussa 4-X sport

Based on an extended wheelbase version of the Mussa hatchback platform, the 4-X offers the increased visibility and safety of increased ride height whilst losing none of the driving dynamics you expect from a Matsuma vehicle.

The variant shown here is the “sport” package with a turbocharged 1.8l engine and six gear dual clutch transmission driving through our I-AWD setup

Technical Specifications
Length 4.30m
Width 1.74m
Wheelbase 2.60m
Weight 1445KG
Chassis AHS steel monocoque
Panels partial alu and steel panels
Front Suspension McPherson strut with adaptive mono-tube dampers
Rear Suspension Double wishbone with adaptive mono-tube dampers
Front Brakes 300mm vented discs, twin piston caliper
Rear Brakes 250mm solid discs, single piston caliper
Steering electrically assisted rack and pinion
Front Tyres P235 55R18 106w Radial
Rear Tyres P235 55R18 106w Radial
Engine 1789cc inline four cylinder with turbocharger and sequential fuel injection
Transmission six speed dual clutch gearbox, intelligent awd
Power 205.8bhp@6000rpm
Torque 285.4NM@4200rpm
7 Likes

2014 Pittsburgh Premonition Estate

This is a car. It goes fast enough, and in a short enough time. It'll outlast your grandkids, and we'll bet our ten year warranty that it'll last that long.

This car’s got the same AWD and the same Hybrid drive as the last one and the one before. What works in balls cold Maine and balls hot Arizona will certainly work in Melbourne, after all. And if it doesn’t, it’s easy to fix it long enough to get to a shop. And the AC will certainly work well enough for any weather.

This thing is a wagon. It hauls yourself, your buddies, your crap, and the rare occasion you might need to pull a U-Haul trailer or something.

Most people don’t need a truck, or a sports car, or an SUV, or even a van. Stop kidding yourself and get your hands on this thing. $27500 and this thing’s more loaded than a bimmer. And unlike them, we don’t infest our cars with DRM.

2 Likes

Clari Gén’Eta Frolage 2014

3 Likes

The All-New 2014 Arlington Antares

The 2014 Antares - a 5-meter-long sedan sold as a midsize car in North America and a fullsize down in Oz - is the first of a brand-new generation, but it feels like a step back in a way. For the first time since 1989, a mainstream Arlington-branded vehicle utilizes a pushrod V6… For the first time since 1983, it’s a rear-driver. That being said, when the variable valve-aided pushrod delivers 205-315 horsepower out of a 250-pound unit and the rear-wheel-drive helps you enjoy it while still being tempered by modern stability control, Arlington can count on the eventuality that nobody will really mind. The rapid-responding 7-speed automatic doesn’t hurt, either.

Unlike the true full-size Arlington Ascendant - with which the Antares shares its platform - as well as the two Somervells built on the same, the Antares does not offer a V8, with the 4.2-liter 315hp engine being the most powerful engine on offer, coming in the FQ4200 package which also includes a 3.69-ratio limited-slip differential, decklid spoiler and chin splitter, 19-inch wheels, and adaptive dampers - as well as a host of interior and comfort goodies.

Well, all the visual and chassis upgrades are also available in the QS package on the lower trims. Thus, you can get all those goodies in a standard, cloth(!)-outfitted Antares with the stout 4.0 engine - putting at your disposal a 260-hp, 280-ft-lb powerplant that - with help from said goodies - rockets the sedan to a high-13-second quarter mile.

Note that the “4.0i QS” configuration doesn’t really hurt the practicality/operating economics aspect of the car. Sure, you can’t option the sixth seat with it - not that many would - but the suspension is still very compliant and everyday-usable, the tires are sane 235-sections, and there’s nothing particularly flimsy or expensive that could break and leave you looking like a fool. Even the FQ4200’s dual-exhaust rear is accommodated via a single-pipe, dual-exit muffler. Nothing is ‘undue’ or ‘excessive’.

As a result, you can get a fast, rakish, and extremely spacious rear-drive sedan with great handling for a paltry AM$26,600 if you don’t go crazy with assists, extra airbags, expensive interior upgrades and the like. And - what luck - some dumb bogan in Melbourne just custom-ordered one and then left it hanging at the dealership, opting for a entrylevellicious Foxhound coupe instead. So, want the biggest, baddest Victoria-friendly sports sedan in town? Come to Big Bill Hell’s Arlington Melbourne today and get one in a weird boy racer spec, right off the lot!

22 Likes
alpenapilled uamcpilled challengemaxxing mog chipspilled communitymanagermaxxing based blackpilled its gonna be completely over for y'all when this car reaches the host's hands nostrilmaxxed and mogging the whole competition just fucking watch its gonna be complely fucking over for you bro alpenamaxxing out here too much ecstasy it's over for you bros i'm mogging the whole

2014 Alpena Indianapolis GXA Street Edition

The Indianapolis is a line of mid-size automobiles produced by the Alpena Division of United American Motor Corporation since 1973.

The seventh-generation Indianapolis was introduced by Alpena in 2011, and shares UAMC’s rear-wheel-drive Zetra platform with other cars manufactured by United American Motor Corporation.

When the seventh-generation Indianapolis was introduced in 2011, it had two trim levels, base “SE” and sportier “GT”. The base model used a 199-horsepower, 2.4 L DOHC inline 4 mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. The GT featured a 252-horsepower 3.6 L Alloytec V6 also mated to a six-speed automatic transmission with TAPshift, where the driver could select the gears manually.

Base models were well equipped, featuring power locks, windows and mirrors with keyless entry, six-speaker Infotainment system, power drivers seat, air conditioning and split folding rear seat. GTs added a ten-speaker Monsoon stereo, leather seats with six-way adjustment, and remote start. On GTs, a six-speed automatic transmission was standard, but for no cost, a six-speed manual transmission was available.

In 2012, the Indianapolis added a new trim level two new bodystyles, a coupe and a retractable hardtop convertible. The new trim level was referred to as the GTA, which utilized a higher output version of the GT’s 3.6 L V6 now producing 276 horsepower. The GTA convertible was not available with the manual transmission and reduced its power to 252 hp, due to a more restrictive exhaust system.

The 2013 Indianapolis saw more changes, midway through the model year the six-speed manual was dropped, and the GTA became the GXA with more dramatic styling cues. The GXA was given a new high-output 3.6 L DOHC V6 with 24 valves and VVT, producing 290 horsepower at 6500 RPM. It is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission with TAPshift. SAE ratings also dropped the horsepower ratings on the Base and GT models to 195 hp and 269 hp (240 hp on convertibles), respectively.

There have been four NHTSA formal recalls for the Alpena Indianapolis.

The first recall (NHTSA Campaign 06V417000) was for Alpena Indianapolis cars with aftermarket seat upgrades. To expedite sales at some dealerships, UAMC authorized seats to be replaced with leather seats as a dealer-installed option. This change could cause the passenger air bag sensor to not detect an occupant. UAMC took the rare step of buying back any cars that had this dealer installed option.

The second recall (NHTSA Campaign 09V036000) affected 8,012 MY 2011-2012 Indianapolis vehicles, and corrected a potential corrosion that affected brake light wiring, and could cause brake lights to not illuminate.

On September 21, 2017, United American Motor Corporation recalled 173,841 vehicles involving the Alpena Indianapolis from model years 2011 through 2012 equipped with six-speed automatic transmissions. The problem is a condition that could make cars roll when in park. The recall affects 126,240 in the United States, 40,029 in Canada and 7,572 in other markets.

This recall is an expansion of a much smaller 2016 recall on certain 2011 MY vehicles which experienced the same condition. UAMC expanded the recall in 2017 after finding the problem was not isolated to that model year.

In 2019 UAMC has recalled the vehicle regarding a condition in which the transmission shift cable may fracture. The fracture prevents the driver from selecting gears and may cause the vehicle to move in an unintended direction.

Complementing a US$110 million publicity campaign, in a launch publicity stunt, The Oprah Winfrey Show gave 276 Indianapolises to audience members at the fall 2011 season premier.

On September 12, 2021, Autoblog followed up with the Indianapolis winners on the tenth anniversary of the telecast. The winners interviewed learned that although they did “get a car” from Winfrey during the broadcast, in actuality they had to go to the Alpena dealership in their area to pick up the Indianapolis because the vehicles that were shown in the studio’s parking lot were used as a promotion. One couple had to sell their Indianapolises because they learned of tax implications that came with owning the car. Another kept hers even though her two friends who came with her to the taping no longer have theirs (one was sold, another was totaled in an accident) and hopes to give the Indianapolis to her daughter in time for college, saying “I’m hoping to drive it until we can’t drive it any more.”

30 Likes

If it’s a 90-degree unit, then it’ll be reminiscent of a larger, more modern equivalent of the Buick 3800 V6 of the 80s, 90s and 00s that saw service in all manner of GM products during that time.

Teyami Sontana

(Designed by @vouge, engineered by @Tsundere-kun)

(SEL trim)

Available trims

PEL: FWD 2.0L Inline 4
SEL: FWD 3.0L V6
SEA: AWD 3.5L V6
SAA: AWD 3.5L V6 with manual transmission

Gallery

Here lies actually acceptable photos

20 Likes

YANGWOOOOOOOO

MICHAEL JACKSON DROVE YANGWOOOOOOOO

SMOOTH CRIMINAL

THERE’S A SKELETON IT’S LIKE REALLY BAD ASS AND SCARY

HOLY FUCK IT’S JAMES BOND

MY FAVORITE PART OF THE FILM WAS WHEN HE DROVE A YANGWOOOOO AND SAID “IT’S YANGWOOING TIME”

FABULOUS AS FUCK

IT’S FABULATING

WE MAKING UP WORDS BITCHES

YANGWOO

BITCHES BE BAD

THE IRS IS INVESTAGING ME

COOL SAVINGS

I DON’T OBEY THE LAWS

THE LAWS OBEY ME

OH FUCK

OH SHIT OH FUCK

I NEED TO CALL MY LAWYER

DRIVE YANGWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

27 Likes

2014 Centara Kuiper

Comfortable, reliable, easy to drive and cheap to run. A completely stress-free premium seda- aw crap Yangwooooooo just posted ahead of me well feck there go my chances

Yes I’m the guy that sees a challenge for college kids and goes “hmm yes I should build a Buick.”

4 Likes

2014 Arima Cavsage

The lightweight pony

Gallery

17 Likes

2014 Jefferson 400S

A proper RWD, V8 American sedan brought to Australia to compete against locally-produced muscle sedans. In S trim, it sports the looks, suspension and braking hardware from the top-dog 400R, but with the 359 cubic inch, 359 horsepower V8 from the plush 400L.

Gallery

16 Likes

2014 - Bergmann Alpine Varotech Premium

The peak of comfort and sport

The Alpine goes from the factory with a 2L i5 with our own VaroTech™ intake technology for better economy and sporty response. With the premium pack you also get the 6 Speed Automatic, All wheel drive system and the exclusive panorama roof as standard!

17 Likes