QFC40 - City Life - [DONE]

QFC 40

City Life

Previous QFC

Brief:

A family that recently moved to the city needs a cheap compact car that they can use to go to work, buy groceries, pick up the kids from school, etc.

Rules:

Trim:

• Model year: Free, Trim year: 1992
  • Hatchback bodies only
  • Max wheelbase: 2.4m
  • Car has to be road legal: Wipers, fuel cap, headlights, tail lights, brake lights, indicators and reversing lights are required
  • The car needs to have standard size front and rear european plates
  • Interiors: Won’t be judged
  • Tyres: No semislicks
  • No racing parts
  • Seats: At least 2 full seats in the front row and +2 in the rear
  • Car must do 0-100km/h in less than 20s and have a top speed higher than 140km/h
  • Legacy and open wheel bodies are banned
  • Advanced settings: Wheel width, wheel diameter, tyre width, tyre diameter, and camber are banned; wheelbase can’t be changed; and ride height can be adjusted by +/- 4.
  • Max price: $9,000
  • Techpool: everything at +5

Engine:

• Family year: Free, Variant year: 1992
  • Fuel: Unleaded 91
  • Loudness: 40 maximum
  • Emissions must pass WES8
  • No racing parts
  • No V16 engines
  • Techpool: everything at +5

Priorities:

:star::star::star:
Drivability

Reliability

Fuel Economy

Service Costs

:star::star:

Comfort

Safety

Enviromental Resistance

Practicality

:star:
Sportiness

Design

Price

Inspirations:

Renault Twingo

Citroen AX

Nissan Micra

Fiat Panda

Suzuki Wagon R

Submissions:

• Model name: QFC40 - your username
  • Trim name: Free
  • Family name: QFC40 - your username
  • Variant name: Free
  • Submissions will open on Monday, 12th February at 00:00 CET
  • Submissions will close on Sunday, 18th February at 23:59 CET
  • You need to submit your .car file to me via forum DMs and post an ad in this thread.

Changelog:

• Practicality is now a 2 star priority
16 Likes

Is this for the daily Autobahn run?

Just high enough that you could overtake on a highway

The rule set for this QFC is not only the polar opposite of that of the previous one, but also reminiscent of the one used for CSR160, albeit with some adjustments to reflect the earlier era this time around. Both are about small superminis and city cars, set somewhere in Europe during a major global economic recession (1992 for QFC40, 2009 for CSR160), with low cost caps ($9k here, not $13k as in CSR160).

In other words, use the wide plate fixture with all measurements set to 1.00.

This is to account for the fact that some of the body sets (or variants thereof) we can use for this round only have provision for a +2 rear row of seats at most. However, will opting for 3 doors over 5 doors make a difference for our client? The former costs and weighs less, but is less practical, than the latter arrangement.

Are very old car models discouraged in this challenge? Considering in the european market in 1992 the original Mini was still sold under the Rover badge, as was the Fiat 126p, and Citroen 2CV production had just ended 2 years ago at that point.

4 Likes

1992 Primus Urbano C

Sometimes, the car you want, is not the car you need. If you want cheap and reliable transportation, the new facelifted Urbano is your choice.

4 Likes

anyone wanna collab for engineering? i have a car but i pretty much suck with engineering at such a low price cap lol

@Koviico - DM me and let me know what sort of thing you’re thinking about.

Disclaimer: I’m not the best, but at least know what the various options do :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It’s allowed as long as it is a 1992 trim.

On another note, practicality is now a 2 star priority.

That’s a great use of the '85 Mirage mod body. My only complaint is that it’s strictly 3-door only (which reduces practicality in addition to weight), but you’ve proven that this body set isn’t just for Kei cars anymore.

Since it’s a very budget-oriented round, I would like to ask about the use of negative quality. Are there any regulations or restrictions regarding the use of negative quality, or how far we can go with it without getting binned.

No limits for negative quality.

I usually don’t bin unless a car breaks a rule or has extreme cheesing.

4 Likes

The maximum wheelbase is set at 2.4m - is this after rounding, or 2.40m exactly? Also, what about a minimum wheelbase? I’m considering drawing the line at 2.2m, which is the lower end for contemporary city cars.

1 Like

As you seem to have some interest in that body:
As Primus introduced the Advance compact in 1984, the second generation Urbano arrived in 1986 and switched from B to almost A segment, and became a 3 instead of a 5 door. Intended as a typical second car for the housewife or a car that was small, cheap and reliably getting groceries, also seniors were pleased. Who was not were the young ones looking for a first car, and therefore the 1992 facelift was quite radical to target that demographic group as well.

3 Likes

I’ll go a bit simple route…
Nessa Marz 1.0 DL (5dr)

3 Likes

2.4m rounded maximum and no minimum wheelbase.

The 1992 UASA .1 Playa special edition

4 Likes

Submissions Open

Someone submitted before the round open, so I'm ignoring that one. You need to resubmit within the submission period or it won't count.
3 Likes

GUYS LOOK

IT’S A YANGWOOOOOOO

OMG WOW THIS IS SO CUTE

I HOPE SHE SAYS YES

WE ARE IN A YANGWOOOOOO RN

MISS

MISS DON’T WALK AWAY, MISS

I WANT TO YANG YOUR WOO!!!

OFFICE JOB

AND THREE KIDS

YANGWOO !!!

9 TO 5, BAYBEEEEE

FUCKLOAD OF TEXT

THIS IS THE LIFE

HOW FUCKING MANY AMY MACDONALD CD’S DO YOU HAVE

370? WHY THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE 370 AMY MACDONALD CD’S???

THIS IS THE CAR

LOOK AT IT TURN

I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO MARSEILLES YOU KNOW

DRIVE HARD

DRIVE FAST

DRIVE YANGWOOOOOOOOOO

16 Likes

god i love yangwoo. can i marry a yangwoo?

3 Likes