QFC44 - Ami De Coeur and Levi's 501 [RESULTS - FINALS]

FOR SALE: 1997 Somervell Switchblade

Asking Price: € 9,548

VIN: 1A1LS1AV6VS005981

Mileage: 113540 km

Engine: V4, 2.3l

Transmission: Manual, 6-Speed

Selling my 1997 Somervell: Had a good run, but I have a brand-new one of these now. Beautiful mid-engined two-door with unique exhaust note. Split rear window. 200 hp in a one-ton car makes for sub-5 second acceleration. Close-ratio 'box. Active Variable Ride control included - it’s supple on a cruise and sharp on a backroad. Motherfucking T-tops. Never crashed, garage-kept, runs like a champ!

11 Likes

Selling my AVG 2JR for 10k, I love it but it’s time to say goodbye.

Originally came from a prototype, but they sold conversion kits to turn it into a road car. This one uses one of those, it should be fully road legal. At one point the original LS engine blew up from the supercharger, so I went and got a 2JZ in the mid 2000s. Since then I’ve made some extra modifications like some stuff to the interior and some tuning to the 2JZ, but that’s it, really.

Really nice to drive, but be careful with it. It’s definitely not super comfortable, but it’s a prototype. Doesn’t have much storage either, but it has a small storage compartment in the front for some small stuff. Luckily the inside is quite large.

Oh yeah, that car in the background of the first picture is my new car!

QFC44_-Djadania-_AVG_2JR.car|attachment (81.6 KB)

6 Likes

Sauerbrey Infrya

Eight liter of American prowess

Need I say more?

16 Likes

Selling my old daily

Selling my old '94 EMW SRK 3. 300k on the clock, serviced regularly, no missed oil changes. Trusted 3.0 Inline 6 with 290hp. 0-100 in 5s. Comes with sport package interior and a premium CD player. For 9.527€ I will give it to you with new sport tyres.

3 Likes

SUBMISSION LIST

@abg7
@mart1n2005
@Ananas
@xsneakyxsimx
@Elouda
@Speeeed_D3m0n
@Hilbert
@EnCR
@the-chowi
@ErenWithPizza
@04mmar
@doncanial
@Maxfarmrr
@_Az
@Ch_Flash
@shibusu
@DuceTheTruth100
@nightwave
@Riley
@iivansmith & @Oreology
@AndiD
@surien
@Happyhungryhippo
@karhgath
@IncredibleHondaFit
@Knugcab
@Damous
@machalel
@FrederikLenius
@moroza
@oldmanbuick
@Texaslav
@Djadania
@Tsundere-kun
@HermannMatern
@VanZandt_Breda
@toxicnet
@Vento
@yurimacs
@hjuugoo

that makes 40 of you. All cars have been downloaded and are being judged. Considering there is a 40 cars I have to go thought don’t expect results very soon. (Is this the biggest turnout for the qfc?!) Anyhow good luck!

21 Likes

For sale: 1996 Xf Straiz
Cost: € 10.898
Very quick and fast!
Hand made interior, very comfortable

Just to not clog this chat up too much

umm would anyone here have time in the next 23 hours to take some somewhat realistic pictures of my shitty car?

the car in question:
QFC44_-hjuugoo-Merdosi_Farfalle.car|attachment (90.3 KB)
do NOT look at the engineering for the sake of your mental and physical wellbeing

It takes guts to squeeze such an extreme high-end item into the budget, but you did just that. Funnily enough, I found out that it’s also possible to stay under budget with both a luxury interior and in-car entertainment system, but reliability will obviously take a bigger hit with either of these interior options, especially if the most expensive entertainment suite is also fitted.

1 Like
SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!
Thanks everyone for submitting, I consider this to be a high turnout, so bear with me I will try my best to write reviews in a timely manner. You still have around 18h to post an ad, the submissions list will be updated later.
3 Likes

1994 Bradford Nina Turbo Sport

"Performance in all environments"

26 Likes

Not me biting off way more than I could chew again, resulting in me taking liberties with deadlines again, and overdesigning and underengineering a car (and still ending up with not a very good design) again

binner binner chicken dinner?

big big thanks to @Maverick74 and @Damous for providing pictures that make this (I hope) somewhat acceptable to look at

I will maybe make a small explanation post later, with a translation and some context

ss.com

Vieglie auto / Merdosi / Farfalle / Pārdod

Pārdodu savu loloto 1995. gada Merdosi Farfalle. Pēdējo laiku diemžēl stāv dīkstāvē, tāpēc ceru to nodot kādam saimniekam, kuram auto sagādās vairāk prieka!

Mašīna, kura izceļas - Farfalle šajos platuma grādos ir īsts retums un īsta topošā klasika.

Izdaudzinātais 2,5l “Bussy” 205 hp (153 kw) V6 dzinējs tā vien mudina spiest gāzi grīdā - gan jaudas, gan skaņas dēļ.

Mazais svars un advancētā piekare nozīmē, ka jebkurš līkums, izņemts jebkurā ātrumā, sniedz lielu gandarījumu vadītājam.

Auto ir perfektā vizuālā un tehniskā stāvoklī. Visas apkopes veiktas laicīgi, pa ziemu mašīna turēta garāžā un, par spīti itāļu reputācijai, ne reizi mani nav pievīlusi.

Auto atrodas Liepājā.

Cena: 7 764 €*
*7 608 € with the updated car
Marka: Merdosi Krāsa: dzeltena
Izlaiduma gads: 1995 Virsbūves tips: Kupeja
Motors: 2.5 benzīns Tehniskā apskate: 01.2016
Ātr.kārba: Manuāla 6 ātrumi VIN kods: Parādīt VIN kodu
Nobraukums, km 90 000
18 Likes

Second largest turnout this far, after QFC23 (Mafioso motoring) with 41 entries.

4 Likes

Proof that any QFC

(god i accidentally sent that but im keeping it like that because its funny)

1 Like

That has to be one of the best uses of the Bean body set (in any size) I’ve ever seen - getting the side profile in particular to look like it does took a lot of work, but it all paid off in the end. As for the Infrya, the sheer size of its engine makes it the most unhinged entry of the lot. And I have to applaud the audacity of the Nina, which looks like the surprisingly convincing offspring of a sports car and a crossover.

I don’t know if it’s what you were shooting for, but that looks adorable. It’s got a 90’s Pontiac concept vibe in a good way.

beware, very many text

here comes, I likely would’ve put this in the original post, but the asshole table was intent on being at the very bottom of everything (no matter what I did to it):

ss.com is the website where I believe most Latvian used car (and used stuff in general) ads are placed, the real thing looks like this:

Looking at it now, considering my dogshit css and weird discourse css stuff, doing what others did and just editing a screenshot would’ve been far better.

a rough translation of the ad itself:

Selling my much loved 1995 Merdosi Farfalle. The car hasn’t seen much use lately, so I’m hoping to pass it to an owner whom it will give more joy!

A car that stands out - a Farfalle is a real rarity in this lattitude and a real future classic.

The well renowned 2.5l “Bussy” 205 hp (153 kw) V6 engine always encourages you to stamp the trottle, both for the power and the sound.

The small weight and advanced suspension means every curve, taken at any speed, leaves a smile on the driver’s face.

The car is in perfect condition visually and technically. All maintenance has been done on time, the car has been kept in a garage during winter and, despite Italian’s reputation, has never let me down.

2 Likes

Any progress ? :smiley:

Thats a lot of entries, so even If its a QFC I can see why its taking a bit

There are few entries I have to go over but the majority of reviewing is done. I would expect the Round 1 + Bins to be out in a day or two.

12 Likes

BINS

BINS

@04mmar - ad says “around 9000”, calculator shows 10665
@Hilbert - no price on the advert
@Djadania - advertised price 10K calculator price - 10053

ROUND 1

@Ananas - Oran So-Tone V8

The front of the car boasts an aggressive design that is quite appealing. However, the overall proportions feel off, with oversized wheels that don’t fit the wheel arches properly, distorting the side profile. Equipped with a 5-speed manual transmission, the gear ratios seem unusually long, impacting the driving experience. Comfort is not a strong point, despite the inclusion of a satellite navigation system and some quality materials. Safety features are basic, typical of early 2000s standards, and while the safety ratings are not terrible, they feel somewhat optimized in a minimalistic way. On the plus side, drivability is excellent, enhanced by the inclusion of traction control and ABS. The car also delivers decent sportiness, although the long gears do detract from the overall sporty feel. Braking performance is strong in both dry and wet conditions, and the vehicle remains stable under various driving scenarios. While rear seats are present, they are very small, likely only suitable for small children. Despite these quirks, the car offers a mix of features that cater to both everyday driving and spirited drives.

@Elouda - Europa 320 SLX

The car boasts impressive drivability and practicality, but it also presents a series of perplexing design choices. The front tires are 175s and the rear tires are 190s, sizes more typical of bicycles than a high-performance vehicle. This car, with its 320 horsepower, inexplicably pairs these narrow tires with 20-inch rims, reminiscent of those from a VW Polo. The lack of power-assisted steering and basic 90s safety features contrast sharply with the inclusion of a luxury satellite navigation system. Styling-wise, it’s a puzzling mix. The wheels are disproportionately large for the wheel arches, and the rear design leaves much to be desired, featuring an excessive amount of chrome that even a car from the 1950s would envy. The front end doesn’t fare any better, exuding an exaggerated “ricer” aesthetic that misses the mark entirely. This hodgepodge of elements results in a vehicle that struggles to present a coherent identity, making it a perplexing addition to any lineup.

@Maxfarmrr - Loutos - Espèce

This car delivers impressive sportiness, but falls short in several other areas. Despite a luxury interior, it lacks comfort, making it a tough choice for daily driving. The decision to equip steel wheels on a car that is otherwise obsessed with weight reduction is baffling. For a lightweight sports car, its grip levels are abysmal, comparable to a budget tire brand like Aitlan. The overall design feels very min-maxed, striving for specific stats that ultimately don’t impress. The vehicle exudes strong 2000s kit car vibes, a mix of elements that lack cohesion. It’s not a bad car, but it isn’t particularly attractive either. Its performance and styling leave much to be desired, making it a curious, but not entirely successful, attempt at a sports car.

@surien - MINI3

MINI3 is easy to drive, boasting a good amount of power, and is both light and agile. It impresses with its fuel efficiency and reliability, making it a practical choice for everyday use. While it features advanced 2000s safety technology, it barely achieves a safety rating of 40, which is underwhelming. The rear suspension tuning is problematic, with extremely stiff dampers and springs contributing to an uncomfortable ride. The rear tires, ending in 0, are more suited for a motorcycle than a sports car. Despite some potential in its engineering, the overall design is a significant letdown. Where do I even start with the design? The car has a plastic roof with a sunroof the size of a Rubik’s cube. From the front, it oddly resembles an SUV, with wheel arches that are too large and a ride height that is far too high for a sports car. These design choices detract from its potential, resulting in a vehicle that feels confused and poorly executed.

@AndiD - Mara Apogee 2.3 SE42

It offers good drivability and decent sportiness, combined with reliability and acceptable fuel economy. It’s also affordable to service, making it a practical choice for many drivers. There’s nothing fundamentally wrong with it, but it would benefit from having back seats, especially since there’s clearly enough space for them. Overall, it’s a nice sporty front-wheel-drive econobox. As a small economical sedan in its sportiest trim, it delivers good acceleration. However, the engine is loud when cruising on the motorway, and there’s no getting away from the fact that it has just 150 horsepower and is front-wheel drive. On the plus side, it’s cheap. Ultimately, it feels like a 2000s econobox dressed up with fancy wheels and clear taillights. While it doesn’t quite hit the mark, it serves as a practical, sporty option for those seeking an affordable and reliable daily driver.

@HermannMatern - EMW - SRK 3

EMW features a very basic design, which might be too simplistic for some tastes, especially Jan’s. It’s not the easiest to drive, nor is it particularly comfortable or sporty. However, it packs a lot of power, allowing it to achieve a 0 to 100 km/h time of just 5 seconds. The braking performance is strong, adding to its practicality. It accommodates four passengers and has decent prestige, making it a practical choice for those who need a blend of performance and functionality. Despite these strengths, the design falls short compared to the competition, lacking the sophistication and appeal expected in this segment. Overall, it’s a powerful and practical vehicle, but its uninspired design lets it down.

@Knugcab - Rauk Vanir Turbo

It isn’t exactly a beauty, presenting a quirky appearance with its three-spoke, body-colored wheels and a contrasting blue roof. The rear end resembles a boat, and the stick-on third brake light is nothing short of a crime against automotive design. The quirks continue under the hood, with a turbo engine mounted mid-car and fiberglass body panels. This setup makes the car very quick and decently agile through corners. However, some drivers find it challenging due to the engine’s aggressive nature, the lack of traction aids, and the absence of power steering. When handled correctly, though, it feels incredibly rewarding to drive. Safety is a major concern with the Vanir, as its safety score is dreadful. While it’s a thrill to drive, you wouldn’t want to experience a crash in it. Overall, this car is an intriguing mix of performance and eccentric design, but it leaves much to be desired in terms of safety and aesthetics.

@machalel - Kiyume SFX 22A

Stat-wise, SFX 22A is decent, but it clearly reflects a min-max approach to design. It’s a hatchback with +2 seating in the rear, featuring a sport interior paired with a premium CD player. The combination makes it hard to pinpoint the target demographic, but it’s safe to say Jan isn’t looking for something like this. The concept is interesting, but the execution falls short. The body cladding lacks detail and refinement, and the ride height is somewhat ridiculous for this type of vehicle. Overall, it’s an intriguing idea marred by poor implementation, making it a tough sell despite its promising stats.

@toxicnet - NSM - B96 306

Let’s take a closer look at the NSM. With its unconventional design and modest wheels, it’s not aiming to be the belle of the ball. Some might find its front end a bit peculiar, while others scratch their heads at the side profile and rear. And let’s talk about that name - “Katydid” sounds more like a character from a children’s book than a car model. Performance-wise, it’s not going to set any land speed records or carve corners like a sports car. Safety features are decent, but it’s not the top choice for thrill-seekers. However, where it truly shines is in its comfort and reliability. It’s the kind of car you can count on day in and day out, with a ride as cozy as your favorite armchair. And let’s not forget about the color - “Katydid” adds a splash of personality to its already quirky character. So while it may not be the flashiest or the fastest, the NSM has its own unique charm that’s sure to grow on you.

@VanZandt_Breda - Van Zandt Tucson IIX

This car falls short in several key areas. It’s noticeably underwheeled, with a fuel filler cap that’s oddly small, resembling a rear taillight, and an exhaust lacking a proper cutout, among other design quirks. While the front end looks somewhat modern, it’s not enough to redeem the overall appearance. In terms of performance, the stats are decent, but it’s disappointing to note that this car ranks as the second slowest in its class. With a 0-100 km/h time of 6.9 seconds, it lacks the punch to ignite Jan’s passion for driving. Moreover, it fails to offer good value for money, especially considering its lackluster acceleration and poor stopping distance, which exceeds 40 meters. The suspension tuning leaves much to be desired as well, with softer springs than a 1960s land yacht, resulting in a less-than-optimal driving experience. Overall, while this car may have its strengths, it’s overshadowed by significant drawbacks that make it a hard sell in its segment.

@Vento - Xf Straiz

This car boasts impressive stats, but it’s marred by several illogical design choices. The interior is handcrafted and features a premium CD player, adding a touch of luxury to the driving experience. However, the detachable hard roof presents a logistical challenge—where do you store it when you’re on a trip around Europe? Commenting on the design is a bit perplexing. It’s difficult to find words to describe it because it doesn’t seem to adhere to any sense of realism, aesthetics, or practicality. In fact, it’s questionable whether it meets road-legal standards. While this car may excel in certain areas, its impractical features and questionable design choices raise doubts about its overall appeal and usability.

This concludes Round 1. Round 2 and 3 will be out soon. I apologize for the lack of the pictures.

16 Likes