Quick-Fire Challenge 5 (QFC5)

THE ALL NEW 2022 Apache Spack

Equipped with a 1.6 L4 Turbo engine and trans power to the groud through a 7-speed DCT. It’s really fun to drive

17 Likes

The Axxus A5 Touring

Stylish.

Practical.

Economical.

The Axxus A5

4 Likes

2020 Mara Kavaler 1.6 HLX

With the release of the 4th generation Mara Kavaler in the early 2010s, Mara was a bit put off by some countries’ decisions to classify the car in the C-segment instead of the D-segment.

While the overall car length had indeed shrunk by several centimetres to 4.6m (except for the wagon) compared to the previous generation, the wheelbase and effective interior space was slightly larger (or at least the same) than before. The main difference, however, was saved space at the front due to the switch to a transverse drivetrain architecture and FWD instead of RWD as the base option. Despite this, AWD and a V8 still remained available choices.

The new base engine was a turbocharged 1.6 litre 4-cylinder, putting out around 125 hp. While rarely the case in practice, it was entirely possible to order a combination of the base engine, the liftback body shape (H) and the top equipment trim (LX).

And it's the same base car as my crossover event submission; just that this one here is entirely on this side of sanity...
3 Likes

How do i send my .car file?
Btw my car has a inline 3 with 170hp, 4.8l/100km
edit: do i need to build multiple trims?

1 Like

You send your .car file to @Bbestdu28 via DM.

And, no, just one trim will suffice.

1 Like

Yup, exactly as he said ^^ thanks by the way !

Just a quick recap, I have received 7 entries so far from:
@BannedByAndroid
@Lanson
@RN99
@xianxian2
@karhgath
@DuceTheTruth100
@AndiD
I’ve made a quick peek at your cars, to make sure I can review them properly
(I’m waiting for @lztd15, and others who knows ?)
Thanks anyway for contributing I’m looking forward to review it all !

2 Likes

2020 Swanson 317FP 51.900

While we do offer a 1.2 for value models, it can’t beat the good old^ 1.7 for efficient performance, even with a turbo. Especially with the weight of top-class comfort & safety features in the 2020 Premium package. Including a glass cockpit with a HUD, TCAS, semi-sentient interactive AI, 12 airbags, 7-speed DCT. If 0-100 in 9.2 seconds and 4,3l/100km sounds good to you, give your local dealer a call!
^refined over 70 years of service in cars, generators and light aircraft

Sunday ride with Grandma

6 Likes

SAARLAND KOSMOS 1.6 TURBO

Introducing the top of the line model of the all new Saarland Kosmos, the 1.6 Turbo.

Test drive at your Saarland dealer now.

6 Likes

2020 PEÖNE Artique 1.3

6 Likes

Hey everyone. So here’s another recap:
I have received new entries from
@Ludvig
@Knugcab
@lztd15
@ChemaTheMexican
Since the game has gotten a new update, you are free to resubmit your entry. I’ve taken a quick peek to all entries and nothing seems broken. If you need me to extend the deadline due to this update (4.2.19), let me know, we’ll try to work something out.

3 Likes

Submissions are officially closed, I’m starting the reviews !

Results

From @DuceTheTruth100

11th place - Axxus A5 Touring

A solid design. An engine underpowered for its size, but it's safe, reliable. Also it's uncomfortable and is the less drivable.

from @Lanson

10th place - Ikigai EL190

A very blending car. It is the most prestigious but also the less reliable, and that's a shame. With less service costs, would've been up.

from @BannedByAndroid

9th place - ZKF 180ts

Terrific look ! Has some good points like power, weight, and env resistance. But it's the less safe, expensive to buy and to maintain.

from @RN99

8th place - Murray Fugitive 1.9T Wagon

Nice design. Globally in the average, stands out as it is the torquiest, but it is the less practical.

from @Knugcab

7th place - Saarland Kosmos 1.6 Turbo

An effective design. The most practical. One of the less comfortable, and the less prestigious. Could have used more budget.

from @AndiD

6th place - Mara Kavaler 1.6 HLX

Most comfortable. But came last in several categories. Rough design. Needs a more powerful and fuel efficient engine. Budget left.

from @xianxian2

5th place - Apache Spack

A very refined look, best braking distance, one of the most expensive, but worth it's price, and an interesting engineering decision.

from @lztd15

4th place - AW 3 150

A good all rounder, a decent entry car in this segment, that's how it looks to me. Try to work more on the look, it sells better !

from @ChemaTheMexican

3rd place - Peöne Artique 1.3

Very good contestant, a very nice design, besides being the smaller of them all. Intriguing transmission choice.

from @karhgath

2nd place - Régal C2 Sport

Despite having the bigger engine, you can trust the marketing team on this one ! And boy does it looks good !

from @Ludvig

1rst place - Swanson 317FP

Man that was a very, very good contestant. And a great design, nicely mixing modernity and legacy ! Congratulations !

Nice work everyone and congratulations to everyone! I really liked this round. If you feel that I could have been better on certain points, please let me know !
So @Ludvig, do you confirm on hosting the next QFC ?
And as for the “unofficial” challenge I’ll contact you via private messages to let you know what I have in mind.

8 Likes

Grats to the winner, that was a close one despite my choice of going I5!

BTW @Bbestdu28, @ mentions in headers usually do not work, so no one got notifications for this one, you might want to edit your post.

2 Likes

Oh shoot thanks for the heads up ! And there were two I5, and they did really good ! Yours is big, but economical, so it did help a lot ^^ !

Congrats to Karhgath and Ludvig for the 1-2, really enjoyed making a Euro-econobox :D.

1 Like

Epic challenge. Waiting for next round!

1 Like

I went for the i5 as well… interesting that this car has low reliability, this has been a common theme in my cars. I’m not striving for BMW traits but I seem to get them anyway. Any tips?

1 Like

Well, when it comes to reliability, you basically have one of two options. Firstly, you can go with simplier components. Parts that are less complex have better reliability. Stuff like a cast iron pushrod engine or a basic interior will boost reliability over other options. Of course, such items tend to have negative effects over other stats.
The other thing to take inro consideration is quality. Knowing were to put a few ticks of the stuff can boost reliability nicely. But again, boosting quality impacts other stats as well, cost and weight being the big ones.

1 Like

Thanks! A pleasant surprise, several nice designs here.
I’d say my entry was a bit left-field, both in design and engineering (boxer engine, rwd) but it worked out this time.

I’m up for hosting.I lean towards staying in Europe, B-segment, 2013, semi-premium but not “GTI”.

I’ll get a new thread, with a tentative for QFC6 up within 18 hours.
Full spec and balance-checked parameters within 48 hours.

4 Likes