[SIDE QUEST AUTOBEAM] Dew Running, The origins of the CCC

Hmm, isnt this coolant? Do the new cars run on coolant?

Do we send you the .car files here via message or through Brad’s Discord channel?

2 Likes

Your choice. Doesnt really matter, i prefer discord though.

Hello sir, i have reason to suspect that you are transporting illegal substances.
Sir, why would you say that? This is just my baby, the Mars Emmet Special!

Please let me take a look at your interior to make sure that you are not transporting dew.

Sir, why is there a green bar at the top of your steering wheel, and why is your steering wheel like this?
I just like how it looks! Whats wrong with it? Nothing huh?
And what about this tank here, and this chrome in the seat?
Ah, the seat is because ive been planning to change my seats into air seats, im a bit of an inventor you know! The tank is just a 2nd fuel tank for emergencies, this baby uses up fuel a lot!

Sir, what in the heck is this?!
Its just a fish tank sir. I really like my fish. Ignore their shape, its a rare fish called Mountenium Dewius. Its just filled with water, i like the green glass.
And what about this pipe on the side?
Its for putting water in and out. What else?
This lid, can i open it?
No sir, don’t! You only open it for giving them food, which requires a special machine. These little fish are allergic to oxygen.

Sir, are you messing with me?! You are under arrest for transporting illegal substances.
Ah, but you didn’t expect me to have 300 horsepower! Your little police car will never catch me!

What an idiot…

3 Likes

Im about to start work on a police car to give out bonus points on how much faster you can go than it, but i need advice. Should i make a typical police car of the time, a British coupe or something else?

2 Likes

Classic police car, but with the restriction of only 6 cylinders (if everyone’s car is shit, then chases with a I/V6 should be enough).

2 Likes

Could work. I’ll do some testing since i dont want the car to be too slow or too fast.

1 Like

If you’re having issues, play with displacement. You can get some big V6’s or I6’s that’d make some serious power, and some small ones with a decent bit of power for their size.

1 Like

I do have to keep in mind that the story is saying that all cars have absolutely massive or tiny engines.

2 Likes

I have a '64 cop car already built if you want to use it for reference. On a smallish Rambler body with a smallish V8. Built it for lore in another challenge:

GassTiresandOil_-_Armor_Valencia_Cruiser.car (65.5 KB)

2 Likes

Cool! Thing is i’ll have to use a cop car from 73. Looks like a zippy fun little car though

Btw, all cars i have received so far are legal. Remember to send me cars if you have any, or if you havent sent me the file!

I’ve got something from Ontario’s sanitation department in the works. No way would anyone be inspecting that bad boy. I’ll post it in a few hours. ;D

1 Like

Question: What flavor?

Disguised Dew, of course!

1 Like

Here’s the “Sanitation” truck. I doubt anyone in their right mind would want to get their hands dirty searching it for contraband.

Of course, unbeknownst to anyone else, there’s over 4500 litres worth of illicit Mountain Dew stored in the double hull tank.

6 Likes

That’s smart as hell.

4 Likes

2 more days! If you want to enter or still have to send your file, please do!
Also a reminder for myself…

1 Like

Got one more in the works, just need to figure out the suspension setup - the understeer is real.

Edit: 1965 Osprey Caravelle SE.

This isn’t your grandpa’s car - wait a minute, it actually is. However, it has been tweaked into oblivion and filled to the brim with illicit Dew. Don your best tweed and flat cap, crack open a cold one, and run that sweet nectar fast enough to make pop-pop proud.

Careful though, she’s squirrelly now with over 300hp going to the front wheels!

4 Likes

wip shed
yes, it currently legal to all rules without exceptions

6 Likes