|SIDE QUEST| CCC 2 - Battle for the Dollar |AutoCorsa|

I can quickly make a bracket with balance in mind by Saturday.

2 Likes

If you could be bothered changing the groupings every round, could do random draw for the first race, and then split in half fastest-slowest for the following round(s)

So, like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ,6, 7, 8

round one is 1, 4, 5 and 8 in group 1, with 2, 3, 6, and 7 in group 2

Final standings for race one be 4, 8, 5 and 1 for G1, and 7, 3, 2, and 6 for G2

would then make the 2nd race be 4, 8, 7 and 3 for Group 1, and 5, 1, 2 and 6 for Group 2

repeat every race.

would also end up having everyone racing in every round, awarding points based on finishing position, instead of being ejected after each round like hfbm’s idea

2 Likes

Just got an idea. What about pre-season/pre-quali? I’d post the video the day before the races. The bottom few cars would not compete due to being too slow. Then the lets say top 25 would compete normally. Yes, it would disqualify a few people, but thats racing. Look at 80s and 90s F1. Pre-quali existed, and im pretty sure even pre-pre-quali existed at some point. It’d work as a sort of “It wont add much, and its better if we have less cars” rule. Speaking of, i completely forgot points system.

“New teams, teams that didn’t score points the previous season or teams that entered a second car where they only had one entry the season before all needed to take part in the 1 hour pre-qualifying session on Friday morning. That meant you had 13 cars trying to make it through to free-practice. The top 4 where allowed to stay for the weekend. The rest had to clear their pit boxes by 9 AM to make room for the ‘big’ teams.
30 drivers for 26 places on the grid meant another four had to pack their bags on Saturday after qualifying.
Halfway the season, based on the results of the drivers so far that year, they made a new list of the drivers sentenced to pre-qualifying.”

Yeah, i dont think thats happening lmao

This is slightly more possible, but it still involves a lot, a lot of recording.

A simpler solution might just be to divide it based on the most vs. least power.

Organize the spreadsheet by power output, find the median point, and split the 2 classes that happyfireballman first suggested along that line. Both heats are competitive and equal in size.

And perhaps for a final round, the fastest cars from the slow heat even get to join the cars from the fast heat?

3 Likes

Could work. Gn everyone, sorry for little updates today. A bit tired.

I can’t believe how busy this is getting, I’ll definitely have to make an engine for it.

Can we do our own custom liveries? And how would they work? Is there some kind of paint program you can use to make them?

1 Like

If you’d like i’ll send you a tutorial video. You technically want assetto corsa to make it easier for yourself, but you can also do it without.

2 Likes

If you could that would be great. I do own assetto Corsa as well

2 Likes

Current state of entries.

3 Likes

Quickly did a check, current average power is 257. Quite good.

3 Likes

Success with the livery making so far?

I’m seriously impressed by how many entries there are! It’ll be a lot of fun :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, i could say the same! Btw, if we stay around 30 entries i can almost certainly say that we wont split, but it all depends on the situation.

3 Likes

Current state of entries. Make sure to enter if you still want to, tommorow is the last day! @AndiD
+

Anti Cancer (@Drewster564)

4 Likes

Its looking good for me; I don’t think we’ll have to split it. Which will be hilarious. Im ready to give out that dollar.

My brain is messing with me, my dreams seem to give me info about the challenge which isn’t true, which is very confusing.

Anyways, last day!

The entries will close in 2 hours! @mart1n2005 if you would still like to enter, please do!.. (Soviet Russia gets some extra time, i have proof that he already had an engine)

Sorry I’m going to have to miss this one. I didn’t quite realise it finished when it did. I’ll definitely been in the next one now I’ve seen how to do the liveries

1 Like

Entries closed!

(Soviet Russia has some extra time due to proof of a legal engine, but no file yet)
I’ll announce the race calendar later today. If you have any suggestions, please tell me! Anything goes.

5 Likes