|SIDE QUEST| CCC 2 - Battle for the Dollar |AutoCorsa|

No worries. It’ll probably go a whole lot better on brands hatch, its a whole lot more low speed. Both Brad and Hyperboloid have proven that power is not always the best over weight.

1 Like

Oh damn. I just noticed something. I accidentally did the points wrong on Class 2. One sec, i’ll fix it. (Fixed)

1 Like

Compared to the others, I either weigh more or is just less powerful. The clip proves how it is a sparrow in a nest of falcons. The only thing that saved it was the fact that one of the contestants spun out. Otherwise I would have been dead last as the clip ends with my pitiful turn to the end.

Others with less cylinders made more power and others with more cylinders weighed less. I made an engine not worth competing. I have the worst power to weight ratio of 1.27 hp/kg whereas a similar engine of power has a power to weight ratio of 1.68 hp/kg, in power (@Fayeding_Spray engine), in weight comparison (@Shimmel engine) he gets a power to weight ratio 1.53 hp/kg.

Honestly, why not enter back @Drewster564 and retire mine? It’s not that I’ll make a mark or anything and by reviewing the clip, he only spun out in the end where I was able to be 1 spot above to get in.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, i actually cant eliminate or retire cars. I can only do that at the end, and even then you’ll end up in the other category (unless you really don’t want to). Besides, we are here to have fun, and i’ve seen weirder things happen in my endless recording sessions (Some of the slowest cars winning for example). Trust me, it’ll be fine. Maybe not good, but fine.

7th place up till the last 30 seconds… thats some shit huh? now I cant participate in any of the other races

2 Likes

Not true! I feel like people are misunderstanding how i am doing this, so i’ll explain in detail. The Red Parts are the parts that are at risk for going into the “Loser Class” and the white parts are the parts that will make it into the “Winner Class”. Even if you finish last every race, you will still compete in every race. Maybe eventually in a different class, but you will continue competing. So basically, depending on where you finish, that’s the class you eventually will end up in.

1 Like

Hey can you explain how the points work? It looks like the placemenet in the video isn’t the same as the points in the graph you posted?

2 Likes

Yes, i’ll explain. 1st gets 20 points, 2nd gets 18 points, 3rd gets 16 points etc. until 4 where it starts going down by 1. If the car got a fastest lap in the race, they get 1 bonus point. If they got Pole Position, they get 3 bonus points, and if they got both they’ll get 4 bonus points. This points system is only for the first “sorting” part, and it will be changed for the “Winner” and “Loser” leagues.

1 Like

Would be interesting to know the Automation performance ratings of the engines in addition to the current stats, see how the AutoCorsa results compare over the season.

The one I submitted was around 207 I think, which was a hard choice to make against a 211 rated 145kg version. Fighting for the podium is good though. If it manages to stay somewhere in that region I’ll be happy.

2 Likes

What I mean is the E. Cooper is last place in the video, but shows up as 6th place in the chart??

2 Likes

That is indeed weird. Assetto corsa did some really weird stuff with the calculations with the points. Idk, i’ll see in a bit.

Pole and a Third place? We take those, especially on Spa, while being down a few horses on some other competitors. Pole was especially unexpected, with that last minute steal on Riley!

Now can Team Avon keep that up? Guess we’ll see next race!

2 Likes

I’d expect that to be a yes on the lower speed tracks. Trust me, from the infinite recording sessions i did you always seemed to be able to finish in the top 3. Thats most likely a lie. I dont remember that much except a few races. Plus they were on tracks that we wont be using, so i dont actually know why i said that. Take it as you will.

2 Likes

Well, that was part of what i was going for, in theory. Limit slightly top power for a little flatter torque band and more low end response. How much will that work in practice? Eeeeeh, we will see.

For now i just enjoy the banger races!

2 Likes

Ok, sorry for the issues with the Class 2 results. Assetto did some extremely weird stuff with the results, i think it ended up completely random due to it saying that everyone finished at “00:00.00” which is just not right, causing the points system to break. Should be corrected. (I have 0 idea who got fastest lap, it just wasn’t recorded for some reason.) Btw, when would you guys want the next race? Im thinking friday, and then doing the first winner/loser runs on sunday.

6 Likes

Ok, today is video recording day. I was thinking about something, what would you guys think if i pre-recorded the races after this one? Then i can use my dads computer, which can run the game much better. I wont say anything about it of course, but what would you think of that?

2 Likes

I don’t know what pre recording means I thought you already did that haha

2 Likes

With pre-recording i mean that i for example record all the races in one weekend, but schedule the posts over a few weeks. Then i can record in higher quality.

Wow. That was an insane session. All i’ll spoil for now, is that @Drewster564 had quite a turn of events.

Yo, all videos have been recorded and edited (for like an hour already), but the internet is being extremely slow. If we are lucky i can post them both today, though i may only be able to post the class 1 race, and then the class 2 race tommorow. It depends though.