|SIDE QUEST| CCC 2 - Battle for the Dollar |AutoCorsa|

By all means please delay it even a couple of days, if needs be. Health comes first, always; so do what you need, we will wait here for the next races, betting on who will be screwed over by the SBinnala A.I.

5 Likes

Yeah, do it a your own pace. We appreciate your work regardless!

5 Likes

Think i can record today. Feeling a whole lot better.

3 Likes

What would you guys think of a race in the rain? Should i do it, or is that going too far? I can do it.
Oh yeah, another thing. Do you guys want either a main quest, or side quest for the next challenge? I find Side Quests more fun, and now we all work on the side quests together too.

4 Likes

Sure, if you want to. People would argue for consistency, but I would say that this could help even the field out for some.

3 Likes

Well it rains more or less in most of the world, so it’s “realistic”. Hard to say if it really makes a difference with only the engines being different, don’t know how aggression scales in AC.
If it turns into a shitshow with half the cars ditching out on the first lap, maybe consider it a “alternate history” side quest side quest.

2 Likes

Sounds fun and interesting! :slight_smile:

btw what I noticed is the big impact of weight. Fayeding_spray got a better result than my car despite having 25 less horsepower, but with a small weight difference of 15 kg.

2 Likes

Yes, that is something i noticed too. Weight seems to be more important than i originally thought, but thats interesting.

I assume it’s due to the relatively low weight of the base car.

2 Likes

Most cars are sitting at around 800kg, so its not very light for a formula car. Light it is though.

Could be the power band as well, most of these engines are probably pretty peaky. I bet I’m not the only one who “forgot” the 8500rpm soft cap, so gearing is slightly different.

2 Likes

On that thought, I wonder: is the position/distribution of weight simulated by the exporter? Because I know one of the irl advantages with boxer engines is that they’ve a lower center of mass compared to other types, but I don’t know whether that’s applying to my (otherwise underpowered) entry here.

2 Likes

I was having that discussion with my dad too. I don’t think that’s taken into account, but i could be wrong.
Anyways, that BB race was insane, and my mic didnt give up. I legit lost my breath halfway through.

Videos out! Sorry for the wait.

Insane race. Not sure what happened to riley though.
Btw, for those who want an update on brad, here is one.

Not sure when the next video comes out, but im thinking this weekend.
(HD still processing)

9 Likes

That was precisely my strategy and it looks like it paid off. :partying_face:

My theory is that the regular engine is light as well and the default setup for those cars is built around that.

The heavier the swapped in engine, the more substantial the disruption to the car balance.

2 Likes

Yes! Points! 4th I’ll take it

2 Likes

Chang’s back to being a low tier character again…

2 Likes

Woohoo, pancho did it

2 Likes

Hey the audio sounded great this time, good job on that. Not a great result for me, but fun close racing anyway

3 Likes

Yeah, turned out my headphone mic was causing some bullshit. I just used the integrated mic in my laptop, and it ended up actually being higher quality, and fixing it. Thanks razer. I love useless mics.

2 Likes