Sports/Supercar Design Thread

The Wolfram Wolfhound Lineage (1974-89)

Just showing off all three iterations of the Wolfhound, although one of them is actually a separate model.

Above, left to right: 1974 WLF-6 concept (red), 1984 Wolfhound GT (white), and 1989 Wolfhound GTS (black, originally silver).

The three iterations of this platform were as follows:

• WLF-6: Original concept car, powered by an all-aluminum 280-bhp 3.5L DOHC 24V I6 with multi-point EFI. Was voted Car of the Year at the 1974 Letaran Auto Convention. This concept used full aluminum panels and a luxury interior and cassette tape player.
  • Wolfhound 3.6 GT: The first production variant. Engine size is now 3.6L; power up to 300 bhp. Submitted in Round 4 of the Letara History Challenge. To save costs, the interior and stereo were downgraded to premium level, and the bodywork to partial aluminum.
  • Wolfhound 3.6 GTS: Updated version with variable valve timing (all cams) and 17-inch wheels front and rear. Power has increased further, to 320 bhp. I am planning on submitting this for the next round of LHC, unless I can come up with a newer car that surpasses it.

I enjoyed making all three trims, and hope that its replacement proves to be a worthy successor.

3 Likes

1963 MASI 3500 GTO

The version of 3500 GTi for 1963 International touring car championship Division III Series GT3/3.

The first car still built in the factory with the ruby red livery of the Masi factory team.

The 3500 GTO in the livery of the private client SRT (Scottish Racing Team)

3 Likes

In association with Ascot Automotive (engine supplier), Vercetti Limited releases updated for 1967: The Pantera V8:

Utilizing an all aluminium and Vercetti exclusive 235 CI V8, this peppy little sports car seeks to show that Gasmean Brutes and Fruinian Grace can combine to deliver a winning formula.

4 Likes

Essenheit Type 274/274LM-German sports car manufactured by Essenheit from 1959 to 1968. The numbers in the index indicate the volume in cubic centimeters that falls on one cylinder in the engine (this engine has six cylinders, rear-engine layout, rear-wheel drive)

Type 274

274LM

Type 274- 1641cc 69hp
Type 274LM- 1641cc 74hp

5 Likes

FWM’s Muscle Coupe
The Gatling

with a +500hp NA 6.3L V8
along with other variants.

FWM - “For the Spirited Driver In All Of Us.”

5 Likes

1987 KMA KX12 GT Spider

Originally created for TMCC26 and fitted with a luxury interior and stereo (complete with CD player) as well as adaptive dampers. This build has pop-up headlights instead of exposed ones (it’s a late-80s performance car, what else did you expect?).

1992 KMA KF12

Cloned from the original TMCC26 submission, with the engine also cloned and given an AlSi block/heads, developing 20 more horsepower compared to the original. It now has a sports interior with premium CD player, in a full carbon-fiber body/chassis with pushrod-actuated suspension, but no driving aids or adaptive dampers, for a rawer, more visceral driving experience. 440 bhp in a 1,050kg supercar yields a 0-60 time of 3.5 seconds and a top speed of 202 mph - a sizable improvement over the original, but at a huge cost ($70,500 AMU instead of $39,900 AMU).

If TMCC26 had required me to submit a car from 1992, and if money had been no object, this is what my submission would have looked like - its exterior has been revised with exposed headlights (because aerodynamics), a more curvaceous front bumper, and bigger side intakes, among other things.

5 Likes

Those KMAs are probably the best looking cars I have seen from you this far.

2 Likes

Yep, not that the others were not good, but this does stand out.

2020 rear-engine, rear-wheel drive sports car with twin-turbo 3.0 V6

12 Likes

DAN 1000S Group 5 car (1966)

The 1 litre in-line four engine

1 Like

1978 Premio Hussar GT
The 1978 Premio Hussar GT is a high-performance sports car that was part of the second generation of Premio Hussar models. With a 3.0 liter flat 6 engine producing 185 horsepower, the GT spec is one of the higher-end trims available for the Hussar.

This car was designed to provide an exhilarating driving experience, and its sleek, aerodynamic body combined with its powerful engine helped it achieve impressive performance numbers. The 1978 model year marked the first year of the second generation of Premio Hussar models, with updated styling, improved technology, and enhanced driving dynamics.

7 Likes
05' Rosenthal FMR-2000

Adding more cars to my main lineup Rosenthal, the lore is still being worked on.

8 Likes

1988 Premio Hussar GTS-R

The Premio Hussar GTS-R was a highly-tuned, track-focused version of the 4th generation Premio Hussar. Under the hood, the GTS-R was equipped with a potent 2.4-liter twin-turbocharged inline-6 engine that delivered a staggering 365 horsepower. This high-output engine was built to withstand the rigors of intense racing, with race-spec components like a reinforced engine block, high-strength connecting rods, and a forged crankshaft.

To complement the engine’s power, the Hussar GTS-R was fitted with a host of race modifications that helped to improve its performance on the track. This included a stripped-out interior with lightweight bucket seats and a roll cage, aerodynamic upgrades like a front splitter and rear wing, and high-performance suspension components like coilover shocks and upgraded sway bars.

In addition to these modifications, the Hussar GTS-R also featured advanced racing technology like a launch control system, adjustable boost control, and a high-performance braking system with ventilated disc brakes and racing-spec brake pads.

Overall, the Premio Hussar GTS-R was a no-compromise track machine that pushed the limits of what was possible in a production car. With its potent engine, advanced racing technology, and race-spec modifications, it was a force to be reckoned with on the track and a true testament to the engineering prowess of the Premio brand.

2 Likes
The 1999 Mitsuda Zone R1

A high revving turbo charged JDM coupe

7 Likes
The 1994 Mitsuda Spirit Roadster

Feel the wind in your hair as you race through the mountain pass!

12 Likes
The 1988 Rosenthal Ocelot Spec MR

Adding more cars to my main lineup Rosenthal, the lore is still being worked on.

8 Likes

The attention to detail on the underbody and the engine is amazing!
What parts did you use to create the subframe where the engine rests?

2 Likes

the rear subframe and engine are private mods.

2 Likes

Good job with those mods! I hope one day to see your mods on the Steam Workshop!

I can’t take credit for these, somebody else made them!