Sports/Supercar Design Thread

Good job with those mods! I hope one day to see your mods on the Steam Workshop!

I can’t take credit for these, somebody else made them!

The 2015 C900. No lore purpose, 800hp Flat 6 and a modest amount of pain

12 Likes

the Arker Talisian, a south american pony car

2 Likes

DAN 1100 RS (1973)

A little bomb for beginner pilots of rallyes

Photo of the Ecurie Soisson DAN 1100 RS during the 1973 Akropolis rallye.

5 Likes

I think your car would be great for riding the rails on american roller coaster ride. In terms of other features, it is also a very remarkable car.

2000 LVC LRS

Originally made for Me and the Wife, and derived from my first of two LRC submissions.

Left to right: LRS6 3.5 5AT (red), LRS6 3.0 6MT (orange), LRS8 4.4 6MT (yellow), LRS8 5.0 Lightweight (lime), LRS6 3.0 5AT (green), LRS8 4.4 5AT (cyan), LRS8 5.0 (blue), LRS6 3.5 6MT (purple).

More pics

Interiors

LRS8 5.0 (other 6MT trims identical except for sports seats in Lightweight):

LRS6 3.5 5AT (other 5AT trims identical):

Engines

LRS6 3.0: 3.0L I6 (210 bhp)
LRS6 3.5: 3.5L I6 (250 bhp)
LRS8 4.4: 4.4 V8 (320 bhp)
LRS8 5.0: 5.0 V8 (400 bhp)

Top speed and 0-60 mph vary from 160 to 190 mph and 5.0 to 4.0 seconds, respectively, depending on transmission and engine choices.

2 Likes

(my first post)
the Shockwave Supreme

5 Likes

First post, here’s an LMH car I worked on for a few hours, front quarter only because I’m new to the forum

4 Likes

DAGEL DC7 CUPE

Introducing the revolutionary DC7 Cupe, where fun and elegance meet in a premium sporty design. Striking the perfect balance of power, style, and affordability, the DC7 Cupe is ready to hit the streets in the year 2000.

5 Likes

Reminds me of a BMW Z3 Coupé which itself is quite iconic.

2 Likes

1992 EMR EX8

One of my two entries for the Leaky Roof Challenge, and the basis for my Me and the Wife submissions.

Interior

The actual challenge submission (in red) has a 285-bhp 5.0L OHV V8 with an iron block and alloy head; I also created another trim with more standard equipment, a six-speed manual gearbox (instead of the standard five-speed unit), uprated brakes and suspension, plus a set of larger forged wheels (17-inch items instead of the 16-inch cast-alloy ones on the base model).

No-limits, no-frills version

After the conclusion of the LRC, I cloned the entire car, engine and all, to find out its true potential without the $16k budget cap.

The chassis was now made from AHS steel, with fiberglass bodywork on top. Also, the entire engine was an all-aluminum/silicon unit, tuned to provide 400 bhp in its most potent form.

The resulting car now weighed 1252kg (a ~250kg weight saving) thanks to a lightweight sports interior and the weight slider cranked all the way to the light end. Moreover, all the driving aids were removed to save weight and cost, yielding a rawer, harder-edged experience.

Finally, the wheels were enlarged to 18 inches, and the suspension was stiffened up to better suit its hardcore feel.

In its base form, it may not have won the challenge outright, or even troubled the podium, but I was pleased at how this build turned out; its higher-spec trim would not have qualified on price alone, but at least it had a useful performance advantage. The no-limits version, on the other hand, is an animal, with monstrous power in a far lighter platform, and no driving aids to protect the careless from their mistakes - essentially a harder-edged TVR Griffith, but with the nose of an S1 Elise.

3 Likes

My attempt at a modern supercar
The FWM Howitzer
Features a midship 600hp Naturally Aspirated 5.3L V8 mated to an 8spd DCT to the Rear Wheels. Fully loaded and weights in at just 1300 kilos. Now to iron out the kinks to tame this monster.

5 Likes

Tarantola 2300 GT a 2+2 sport car which featured a 6-cylinder in-line engine producing 76 hp of power.

Tarantola 2300 SP a two seats roadster for road races; which featured a 6-cylinder in-line engine producing 95 hp of power.

This model was constructed from 1935 to 1939.

4 Likes

dump

love neon brut lighting

10 Likes

1999 LVC LS60

This build began life as an experiment with the '98 Stradale body set, by using it as the basis for a retro-styled hypercar that resembled a 60s sports prototype - and in my view, it turned out well enough. Here are six different trims, each with a different exterior/interior color combination:

And here is a closer view of one of them:

It’s powered by a 661-bhp (SAE net) 6.0L naturally aspirated V12, with an 8,500-rpm redline and 480 lb-ft of torque, driving the rear wheels via a six-speed manual gearbox and geared LSD.

In a car weighing 1.25 metric tons, it yields 536 DIN bhp/tonne. In fact, this powertrain is good for a 232-mph top speed and a 0-60 mph time of 3.3 seconds - outstanding figures for 1999, to say the least.

Built on a carbon-fiber unibody, with pushrod-actuated suspension front and rear, massive tires wrapped around 18-inch forged alloy wheels help put its immense power to the ground with ease, while enormous vented disc brakes effortlessly bring it to a halt. On top of that, an aerodynamically sculpted undertray teamed with a subtle front spoiler and large rear spoiler help reduce lift.

Its interior is finished in high-quality genuine leather and Alcantara (available in a wide variety of colors), with a choice of real wood, metal, or carbon-fiber accents depending on buyer request.

To reinforce the retro look, I chose not to place any wing/spoiler fixtures at the rear, and instead chose to simulate one with body moldings. Also, I placed several patchwork fixtures over the C-pillar to make it look like it has a wraparound rear window - something the Stradale body sets do not have by default.

Morphing Values and Advanced Trim Settings

To get the desired basic shape, I had to adjust some of the morphing zones as follows:

• Front_Slant (Y: 1.0, Z: 0)
  • Rear_Pull (Y: 0.57)
  • Rear_Slant (Y: 0, Z: 0)
  • Cabin_Front_EXTRA (Y: 1.0, Z: 0)
  • R_Cabin_Sides (X: 1.0)
  • A_Pillar (Y: 0, Z:0)
  • Doors (Y: 0)
  • C_Pillar (Y: 0.5)
  • R_Front_Wheelarch_Height (Z: 1.0)
  • Keys 3, 4, 6, 7, 8 and 12 (Amt: 1.0 each)

In addition, I set the front and rear ride height advanced trim settings to -2.0 each, with the front and rear tire diameters set to -3.0 each, for a tidier look overall.

If QFC28 had been about an actual A-list superstar from 1999, flush with cash and looking for his/her new ride to flaunt for all the world to see and hear (as QFC9 had been, except for the fact that it took place five years later), with a budget cap of $80k, this is what I would have submitted - its voluptuous lines, retro-inspired touches, and intricate interior detailing (as well as its blistering performance) would have caught the buyer’s eye straight away.

More pics

6 Likes

Somehow, this is more or less what I imagine if Ferrari built the E-Type in the 90s.

You have a point - the LS60 is a homage to the legendary sports-racing prototypes of the 60s and 70s, but built using some of the advanced technology available in the 90s. In fact, if the GMA T.33 (scheduled to enter production in 2024) existed in 1999, this is what it may have looked like.

Now for the LS60’s predecessor - the LS50, originally made for Cool Wall 5.

Its brutalist '80s wedge profile is a complete contrast to the later LS60’s more curvaceous shape, but it’s still a full-blooded supercar in the truest sense, as anything with a 430-bhp 5.0L naturally aspirated V12 should be.

It scored quite well across the board in most categories, except in service costs, in which it ranked dead last - but then again, I was expecting such an outcome.

It did, however, have best-in-class prestige, which partly explains its strong top-5 finish.

Ultimately, I am as proud of this one as I am of its successor.

3 Likes

Pretty much done, special Koploos (Headless) edition of my 2024 Renaulstrid 248GT MK2

14 Likes

A collab between me and @AndiD

The year was 1962. Jekk Hauk was a prominent man in the racing scene in North Ireland (and to a lesser extent, the rest of the UK). The grandson of a Norweigan imigrant, he helped his father Aksel Hauk run the Haukenhauser Inn in his younger days, now run entirely by his older sister Anna, and now had a job as a car salesman in Belfast. He also helped run a small repair shop near his apartment, owned by his close friend Terry O’Connor. It was in this shop that he built the tube-frame torture chambers that he raced. It was here that he began to think of building cars, not just for himself, but to sell. Other racers nicknamed him “The Ghost” for his unique style, and he wore the name with pride, stiching it on the inside of every jacket and painting it on every race car- but only on the back! When it was finally time to replace his '54 Harris 102, one car caught his eye- a small yellow roadster of a marque he had never heard before. The Mayster Triumf.

A year later, he was “given” an abandoned boat by his crazy uncle, which apart from its Warwick V8, was completely trashed. He did the only logical thing and retrofitted the one-hundred and seven horsepower 3 liter V8 and its 3-speed dogleg manual to his beloved mayster, creating the Haukenhauser Triumf “Mark Zero”

Mk. I

By 1969, Hauk and O’Connor had their hands full. They had started selling small hand-built cars to racing drivers around the UK with anything from 50 to 500 horsepower. They had also started selling a fiberglass kit-car known as the Glass Tourer (think Fiberfab Avenger but a bit bigger and less ungainly)
in 1967 and were working on a road-going Glass Tourer II. They needed a car that could bring them in some money and would be easy and cheap to produce. After considering putting a fiberglass coupe body and twin carbs on the chassis of a British economy car, they realized the answer had been right in front of them the entire time.

The first Haukenhauser Triumfs had no Haukenhauser badges. There was a V8 badge behind the front fender (as well and High Output lettering on the HO version), different wheels, a GT badge on the back (for the GT) and optional fake vents in front of the door. These cars had 115 hoorsepower twin-carb V8s and 4-speed manual transmissions pulled from Warwick sedans with exhaust routed to the sides, and the base model could scoot to 60 in roughly eight and a half seconds. The High Output models gained almost 25 horsepower with mostly the same engine. The rare, top-of-the-line GT variant was sold mostly to racing drivers, and included a bored out 3600cc V8 with 3x2bbl carbs and significant beefing up of the drivetrain pieces and an entirely new drivetrain. With 174 horsepower, 0-60 times were now in the high sixes, with little sacrifice in the way of handling.

Production figures (1969-1971)-
52 Triumfs converted to HH at Belfast shop
47 Triumfs converted to HH HO at Belfast shop
12 Triumfs assembled and converted at Belfast shop
9 Triumfs assembled and converted at Belfast shop (HO)
2 Triumfs assembled and converted at Belfast shop (GT)
7 Triumfs assembled at Belfast shop and converted at Sean O’Connor’s dealership in Dublin
5 Triumfs assembled at Belfast shop and converted at Sean O’Connor’s dealership in Dublin (HO)
22 Triumfs assembled and converted at new, larger Belfast shop “The Ghost Hut”
13 Triumfs assembled and converted at new, larger Belfast shop “The Ghost Hut” (HO)
44 Triumfs converted at new, larger Belfast shop “The Ghost Hut”
76 Triumfs converted at new, larger Belfast shop “The Ghost Hut” (HO)
35 Triumfs converted at new, larger Belfast shop “The Ghost Hut” (GT)
324 total- 137 base, 150 HO, 37 GT

Mk.II

The Mk.II gained many improvements including new seats, bigger custom bumpers, foglights, bumper bars, foglights, and wheels. The biggest and most importand, though, was a new Warwick solid rear axle. While the Mayster IRS was undoubtedly better, the solid was more familliar to both HH themselves and British buyers, as well as likely more reliable. This meant they didn’t have to develop their own LSD or tranmission, as they could just pull one from someone else.

The Mk.II base model came standard with a 5-speed manual transmission and the same 115hp 3-liter V8. The GTHO on the other hand got an LSD, the 174hp six-pack 3600, a unique graphics/paint package, a rear spoiler, and a hood scoop, getting to sixty in a staggering 6.4 seconds. On both models, exhaust was repositioned to the back.

Production figures (1971-1973)-
99 Triumfs converted at Ghost Hut
45 Triumfs converted at Ghost Hut (GTHO)
127 Triumfs converted at Sean O’Connor’s dealership in Dublin
55 Triumfs converted at Sean O’Connor’s dealership in Dublin (GTHO)
326 in total- 226 base model, 100 GTHO. An unknown number of base converted in Dublin were fitted with the 140hp 3-liter HO engine.

Mk.III

The Mk.III became a true Haukenhauser product. It was the first to bare the iconic ghost badge, a symbol of Haukenhauser’s pure lack of sanity. The Haukenhauser Triumf 360GT by Mayster was powered by the tri-carb, 174hp, all-aluminum V8, ready to tear through the atmosphere at unfathomable speeds. Equipped with a 5-speed manual transmission and radial tires, it carves corners like a race car- allways on the edge.

The Mk.III 360SS was the ultimate Mayster- one-hunder and eighty-four horsepower, two-hundred eight pound-feet of torque, magnesium wheels, and a massive functional hood vent. A true monster, the engine had longer headers and quad DCOE carbs. The SS tore through race tracks, getting to 60mph in a monstrous 5.9 seconds. Jekk Hauk, the company’s co-founder, raced a customized Mk.I GT as a promotional vehicle during the Mk.I’s production run, which dominated his class, and the 360GT’s engine was pulled almost directly from that.

The Most common of the Mk.IIIs was the 340C. Powered by a SOHC aluminum-head Onaria inline-six making 135hp, it had more comfortable suspension and an open diff, and was a great starter car for racers and enthusiasts alike.

Production figures (1973-1976)-
147 340Cs converted at Ghost Hut
75 360GTs converted at Ghost Hut
23 360SSs converted at Ghost Hut
185 340Cs converted at Sean O’Connor’s dealership in Dublin
102 360GTs converted at Sean O’Connor’s dealership in Dublin
55 360SSs converted at Sean O’Connor’s dealership in Dublin
587 in total- 332 340Cs, 177 360GT, 78 360SS. An unknown number of 340C converted to V8 power because of the Cs softer suspension in Dublin.

4 Likes