The 1989 6k Championship (Epilogue - End of Season Awards, part 2)

Well at least you found 100 RON fuel! :grimacing:

EDIT: So I figured out why. I am not in openbeta, and don’t intend to be, so I shall just watch.

The automation fuel consumption stat will not be the only indicator for “real fuel consumption” as I will also actually take all the cars to beam for the given track and check there how they guzzle through their fuel.

But if it helps a bit, the average of the 6 cars received until yesterday in L/100 km is 15.7 which is I think 15 mpg

Team SuperSnabb - Swedes putting Turbos in Appliance Cars since 1979

Base car: Vizok Svoboda 900B mk1. “Not great not terrible”: the car.
Engine swap: Toyhatsu 8v 1.8 inline 4 from some brown wagon
Add: Turbo tune for 188hp, wings and lightness.
Results: 537% power increase, 60-390% performance improvement, 60% lap time reduction
Project head Björn Björk went ahead and got a bunch of sponsors, and put their stickers on the car. He failed to get quotes on how much they’re actually gonna cough up though. He might also have offended the owner of Kochs.

I swear Officer, it's street legal

5 Likes

As a reminder to everyone who submitted early. You can resubmit at any time due to all the updates that have been happening so far

introducing for the 1989 6k championship the Batwing by ZED. the agile new concept is a ground up rework based on unrlieable data, provided by those of questionable knowledge. The Batwing will certanly turn heads with its questionable styling. The Batwing is powered by a choked out, emissions stangled 183ci flat6, coughing out a mere 201hp.

Uploading: Screenshot (33).png…

2 Likes

Yay, more automation updates in the middle of making cars ;p

There’s this new thing called Techpool

Which is accessible on every page by clicking the +5 button just under the quality slider.

This should be set at the 0 for everything

PS: if you were already working on the car, it should already be at 0 but if you start a new one, it defaults to +5 it seems

5 Likes

and more updates to the game, woohoo…

There are more steering options now.

As stated in the rules, there must be some sort of power steering, so you can now also choose for the Hydraulic Ball. Per default, the old plain Hydraulic that you had selected before the update is the Hydraulic R&P.

Also, new differential systems are available now and the stats have been adjusted for the previous ones
They’re all legal for this challenge

5 Likes

If we have already submitted cars for this challenge do we need to re-submit using the new diffs & steering options? or are our previous submissions still valid

Not mandatory to resubmit but since the game is updated, some stats may not be the same as when you submitted.
The stats and car export that will be final are the ones I receive until the 8th. After that, I’ll have taken notes of all the stats, and I’ll export all cars to beam at the same time, so if the game then gets updated again afterwards it will not make any more difference to the challenge.

So my advice is for everyone who has already submitted to check if the car has changed in the meantime due to the game updates. Resubmissions are valid until the deadline.

Little Timmy decided that bringing his Dad’s hillclimb car to an endurance race with his mates would be a good idea, what more can I say?

Boasting a 3.2 litre, homebuilt v8 powerplant (which is probably less powerful than you’re thinking), this homebuilt car is the result of slapping one too many wings on an old F1 car. Just don’t question how Timmy’s dad got his hands on one. It’s a sensitive topic.

5 Likes

Ass

1 Like

A single-seater may be stretching the bounds of eligibility too far - but it would be great for unlimited class hillclimbs.

Yeah the rules clearly state 2-seater min.

Actually the above car does follows all the ‘automation’ rules I made. In Automation it has the 2 front seats.
However I do agree that the car does not fit the purpose of the challenge and have asked him to redesign the car so the looks match the automation car(2 front seats and no hidden chassis)

... and now for something completely different....

1989 Seongu Kando II Endurance 89

Seongu (‘pioneer’) is the automotive arm of Korean industrial conglomerate Hangseong, more famous for its wide range of affordable electronics and appliances.

Manufacturer of small practical cars, Seongu wasn’t afraid to support teams wishing to create racing versions of its mainstay, the Kando family of cars, here as a hatchback in its 2nd generation towards the end of its lifespan in the late 1980s.

While the 3.0 V6 in this entry - installed by the Yamang Racing Team - wasn’t a Seongu engine, it at least had some connection with Seongu’s expertise in 3-cylinder motors.

Yes, another shitbox brand with a story by me, at least this time in the Earthverse.
7 Likes

Ok guys, deadline is approaching and there have been plenty of automation updates since I started getting the first submissions.

As a reminder, you can resubmit an updated version until saturday 8th at night. Whenever I wake up on Sunday morning(I’ll be on London time), I’ll take note of all the stats I need and export all the cars to beamNg.

If in the meantime another update drops that adjust the automation stats again or the exporter, I’ll postpone the deadline by a few days to allow everyone to recheck their cars.

Pinging:
@Riley @Lanson @Drewster564 @ChemaTheMexican @Ch_Flash @Ananas @Vento @ErenWithPizza @Deltaz Nocturne (Discord) @Ludvig @captin_stiffie @AndiD

3 Likes

The next challenger apears, the Mjukost Sport from Mullemeck. Using its inline turbo 4 it will surely power itself to glorious victory and maybe some cheese.

6 Likes

Just a little 3.5L pushrod V6 coupe here, nothing to worry about.

2 Likes

From the workers at Huta Przewóz Białystok is the new Helios!
The Helios is built upon the chassis of the successful Przeno line of family cars engineered and built at our steel work factory in Białystok. For the new race car of the Polish People’s Republic, major redesigns were made. It looks just like the Przeno, however only the chassis and body panel design stayed the same. The body panels were remade with aluminum and the suspension is now double wishbone in both front and rear.
The designers at Huta Przewóz Białystok which liked designs to be simple, designed the Helios with a simple design, much like most other cars they designed.

Now for the stats! The workers at Huta Przewóz Białystok designed an all new engine. The engine is a V 60 with 8 cylinders at a displacement of 3,857 cubic centimeters. The maximum output of horsepower is 227.4 at 6,400 revolutions per minute and the maximum output of torque is 265.7 Newton-meters at 5,000 revolutions per minute. It is a cast iron block with aluminum head with single overhead cam with 2 valves per cylinder

Helios is front-engine front wheel drive with 5 gear manual gearbox. The top speed is 157.0 miles per hour.

The Helios was test droven for months before finishing the engineering.

Here is a picture.

3 Likes

It’s been a while…so here it is!

FMR StreetSport Xtreme.
1425 i3 Turbo
Goes pretty quick.

4 Likes