The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Also willing to vote in @rcracer11m as next round host.

Guess thereā€™s no need to repost the car stats, then! @rcracer11m has one the funnest little econoboxes of them all with that RWD and smooth boosht! And these low running costs! 1588! Mine were about 1800 or so.
A definite choice for the request. Or will there still be a vote?

It seems there are no objections.

Iā€™m going to run a poll to determine the winner of the round, but at this stage weā€™ve nominated rcracer11m to be the next roundmaster.

#So Which One Would You Pick?

WARNING: voting is not secret, this is to prevent anybody doing a dodgy and creating a new account to vote or somehow reviving a completely inactive account to vote.

• strop: Matteo Miglia De Silva
  • Leondardo9613: Ikkonagashi Sport 1170S
  • rcracer11m: Mott Works Apollo

0 voters

Also, the Mott Works Apollo is very sneaky, with aluminium panels and direct injection in 2001. Damn, thatā€™s advanced! No wonder itā€™s more efficient, lighter and therefore potentially more fun despite having a smaller engine and 4 seats.

I will edit my post with the detailed stats when I get home so you can make a more meaningful comparison with the running costs etc. (as in many ways stats wise my car is very similar to rcracer11mā€™s, but mine is way less practical but also way faster around the track, I would bet). Leoā€™s car is just a completely different kettle of fish lol.

1 Like

Here are the stats I sent Enry, canā€™t open the game right now to get the rest of them.

The Ikkonagashi Sport 1170S is a clever 2 seater, with a tiny 1170cc VVL 3-cylinder engine, making 110 hp, which when combined with the 902 kg weight can make the car very nimble and fun to drive. Important to note that the car was about 500$ under budget all in.

drivability of 73.7 wowowowow thatā€™s more drivable than anything Iā€™ve ever built in Automation (at least in the new scoring system, although it must be noted that drivability scores of 60 and above donā€™t scale up at all from old scoring to new scoring).

Iā€™m in a bind, and not sure if I should vote anyway. If I was me, I would probably buy the Ikkonagashi Sport because itā€™s so damn clever. If I was who I think Enry represents, as a first car Iā€™d probably spring for the Apollo, because itā€™s so damn practical. If I was still in my ā€œI like the MX5 NB but the NC was a bus and NBs are too old and NDs are too new and expensiveā€ phase Iā€™d get the De Silva, because itā€™s pure and classic (I would wonder how it stacked up against NormanVauxhallā€™s BMMA Flying Fish).

Question for engineers: DI was new in 2001ā€¦ did the whole carbon residue coating the valve issue improve with time or is it still an inherent maintenance issue even now?

1 Like

Thats partly to due with the fact that i originally designed the car in 2005 then realized i was way off on price so moved it back to 2001 since it had little effect on stats and made it much cheaper in the end.

LOL I thought about doing that but then decided nope, I made my bed, I shall lie in it :triumph:

Also figured a slightly newer car meant theoretically less mileage and less likely to cause hidden maintenance costs for the next buyer.

Also since you reminded me heres the track stats of the apollo

wellā€¦ ours is a 1.8 Turbo Direct Injection with Forged bottom end parts inside the AlSi engine block, also in 2001ā€¦ although no alumunium panels. our engine is fanceh as fudge.

except i kinda forgot about the markup. proceeds to ā€˜fixā€™ and get the price down. forgetting the comfort score in the processā€¦ derp :stuck_out_tongue:

I can send you the car files:wink:

1 Like

who ever hosts lets just go to csr25 already

@lordvader1

ok post with my car was updated, if any of that matters. This is the closest vote yet. I will close it in 24 hours, so that rcracer11m can get on with hosting later.

I added all the stats to the original post which already had the images.

Are we ready for round 25? :smiley:

2 Likes

#CSR25 - Legendary Specifications
The legends car has been a staple of spec racing here in the US for nearly 20 years now, however their popularity has started to dwindle due to their age and the body style that appeals mostly to older people who arenā€™t in a state to begin racing. That means itā€™s time for a replacement.

You need to build a new spec series race car that will appeal to the younger generation, getting more people involved in the world of motorsports. In order to replace the legends car you must make something interesting to drive(sporty), with the right balance of difficulty (drivability/sportiness). Too easy and it wonā€™t reward driver skill, too hard and the drivers will make too many mistakes and get discouraged. Comfort shouldnā€™t be lower than 15, we donā€™t want to break peopleā€™s backs while theyā€™re out on track. You must use advanced safety, crashes are bound to happen at some point so itā€™s important that we keep the drivers safe. The actually safety stat is not very important to allow the use of old bodies, so youā€™ll need to use other methods to show more of a focus on safety. Noise can be an issue so max loudness is 50, also a catalytic converter is required.

As this is designed as a beginner racing series costs should be fairly low with purchase price below $20,000@50% with running costs such as fuel usage (at high rpm) and tires also being low. Any fuel is acceptable although whether higher octane is worth the increased price is up to you. Also as this isnā€™t a massive market no parts requiring a medium factory are allowed. The car trim should be for 2016.

Naming: Model: CSR25 - username
All other names are open

Deadline: 11:59 UTC 11-13-16

8 Likes

okay summerizing

• make a spec race car with good driv/sport balance
  • comfort >15
  • advanced safety required
  • noise <50
  • cats please (what about pre 70s car? assuming the year is free)
  • max $20000@50%
  • running cost and fuel drinkage when being pushed all out is considered
  • no parts that needs medium factory (no monocoque then?)
4 Likes

Pretty much, although since its supposed to be a replacement for the legends the trim should be newer so Iā€™ll limit it to 2016 so cats are required. You are allowed to use a body of any age though.

Also monocoque is allowed but only aluminum or carbon fibre, although carbon wont fit in budget.

Are we supposed to use an old body (since this is Legends) or are modern bodies also allowed?

That answers your question :grin: