The Crowd Sourcing Competition [Round 49]

Part 4 : Finale

Pikemen Merdeka - @kookie

Next up, a nice pink red-ish coupe rolls in and it’s an eye catcher, that’s for sure. The executives like the front of the car as it is nicely sculpted and flows well. One complains they got is they were hoping the main grille is a bit taller. Moving to the side, it is well sculpted too, although it is a simple indent but it works well with the combination of dark plastic side on the bottom.

The rear of this cars also looks great with it’s sculpt and indents it got. Though they wish the plate indent is a bit higher and the exhaust size a bit bigger too.

Opening up the engineering stats, the car’s powered by turbocharged 2.9 V6 producing up to 292hp. Although great power figures but the engine seems to be knocking quite alot and the power cut is another bad thing too. With the power cut that this engine got, it can be produced more and way beyond 292hp presumably up to 320hp. Panels and underside are nothing out of ordinary to point out.

A great looker car that is defeated by bad and questionable engineering, the executives had to pass on this proposal.

Pikemen Merdeka - @SyberRacer

A proposal from Kazuki, known for awesome RWD-powered cars, now they’ve got a proposal from them presumably to make a new relationship with Pikemen and getting some presence in Malaysia. Anyways on to the car itself, as the most obvious thing to point out, the car screams Kazuki design language but with Pikemen sprinkled into it. Not a bad thing but just to point it out.

But, that is a front splitter that can kill pedestrian’s leg. It sticks out very much from the car and it looks like an aftermarket kit for it. Nothing’s interesting on the side. Hopping to the rear of the car, everything is nicely designed and not too over cluttered.

One criticism that they had is the big chin spoiler on the back, it is so big that might as well put a normal spoiler or make it smaller. They like the diffuser that they had.

Flipping to engineering stats page, the car is powered by 2.4 turbocharged boxer 4 producing up to 223hp. The executives was hoping squeezing more hp from that engine. Nothing worth to point out in panel and underside side.

Another great looker car but weakened by engine that is not alot. The executives had to pass on it.

Pikemen Merdeka - @Urke101

The moment when this car rolled in, all of them firstly noticed the nicely and beautiful headlights that they got. It is certainly well designed and other good stuff that the author of this essay is just lazy to describe it. The bottom fascia grille is nicely decorated. Though the sculpting above the bottom fascia looks bare and hoping more depths instead of one single line of indent.

It got that interesting side profile especially the side sculpt, though it looks like it has moles underneath and looks pretty 2D and flat and last minute decision was applied on it.

It got that great face but not so great looking butt, the upper fascia especially the taillights sat way very high up there. The sculpt under the light doesn’t help either, making the car looks like it one of those statue in Easter Island.

Flipping to engineering side, the car powered by 1.6 turbocharged inline 4 producing up to 179hp. Not bad figures but was hoping more horses in that car. Panels are typical stuff and the underside setup is fine too.

Another lovely looking car but the rear of the car makes the executives goes not so satisfied. They had to pass on it.

Pikemen Merdeka 24s e.b Kaizen - @66mazda

The executives thought that this a kit car when this car rolled in due to rims size and inset. But anyways, this front looks so busy with the vents and such. Other than the vents heaven, the headlights that they designed looks weird at certain angle, sure it looks angry but it doesn’t seems to click to them. The hood vents are awesome looking though.

Moving to the side and aside from obvious the rims size is rather lackluster, the side vents is good and the sculpt underneath is a nice touch too. Moving to the back, everything flows well with the car and the fake side vent is a bit tilted to the side thus it looks it’s pointing upward and the diffuser is a great and nicely detailed.

Engineering side, the car is powered by 2.0L turbocharged inline 4 producing up to 241hp. Impressive figures coming from this engine. Panels and underside that they got is fine.

This one is vice versa, a not so great looking car (according to the executives) but got great engineering. The executives had to pass on it.

Merdeka - @Blothorn

Wow, look at that offset!

Moving on.

Jokes aside, this car’s got a good engine in it. It just the car looks like as it was imagined and designed by a toddler.

Pikemen Merdeka - @ThatCarMadGamer

Low and sleek as this car was described by the executives, they managed to make it looks like a luxury car although it isn’t. Maybe it’s the colour. Anyways, the front of this car certainly looks like it belongs with other Pikemen with that iconic grille and headlights that they got.

Moving to the side, nothing’s exciting but the side skirt is a nice little detail that they put. Moving the back, the tailights of this car stands out from the car, it looks very unique and nicely done. One minor pick from them is the inner parts was filled by something.

Engineering wise, the car’s powered by 2.0L turbocharged inline 4 powering up to 194hp which is oof. The 2nd previous entry got 2.0L turbocharged 4 cylinder and it produced more power in it but this one got underpowered engine. The engine doesn’t seems to belong in a car like this.

Another wasted potential on this great looker car especially the engine. The executives had to pass on this.

With all proposal that went through, the final results they got is 8 proposals. All of them are really good cars and that makes thing tough for the executives to choose from. Obviously they can’t pick all of the 8 cars, right?

They went a quick breakthrough of each cars, a few discussions and such. The final results that they choose is…

Winner of this round

Congrats to @Aruna for winning this round! Not only it is a great looking car, it is also got a great performance under the hood! As for others…

2nd - @Aaron.W
3rd - @Riley
4th - @ACoolCrab
5th - @Lazar
6th - @titleguy1
7th - @Reizei
8th - @BannedByAndroid

Thanks for letting me host, guys! So sorry that this round got really delayed and rushed since real life stuff can be happening out of nowhere. Selamat Tinggal, guys!

16 Likes

Woah! I wasn’t expecting to win! :sparkles:

Thanks! I’ll try plan something tomorrow and see how it goes. I have a few ideas involving my Arion brand!

2 Likes

the new definition of “Breaking Bad RV” wheel offset

Oh wow, I got 2nd place, the highest position I’ve ever been in any challenge! Congrats to @Aruna for the win and congrats to others for getting into the top 8!

3 Likes

congratulations to the pink mobile and Aruna for winning

1 Like

CSC42: 5 Star Hypercar

Somewhere in Arion Automotive headquarters, 2020, North Yorkshire, UK.

Coming to the end of an era for purely combustion-engined cars, Arion are taking their first steps for their next flagship hybridised hypercar, with it’s aim to blow away the competition and look absolutely gorgeous whilst doing it.

Complete with a prestigious luxury road car and dominant auto racing history, the brand is known for it’s extremely high-grade cars. Their leaps in technology being a strong suit which keeps them ahead of the curve.

As their next assignment the design team are sent a set of rules and requirements, then asked to create their vision of the 2021 Arion hypercar. Their designs will be scrutinized by the current CEO and their team before going into the development stage to be produced.

Requirements

– Model and engine family and variant year set to 2020
– Must be a Mid-Longitudinal engined Coupe (Can be a convertible coupe)
– Must be a 2-Seater (Full seat) configuration
– Wheelbase must be 2.6m or larger
– Must have a Catalytic Converter, at least 1 muffler, and ESC as a minimum driver aid, generally following realistic standards.
– Car Market score, Price, Engineering and Production times will not be judged
The engineering time for engine and car will be a maximum of 400

Design

The name would be derived from either a constellation or type of bird (For example: Cassiopeia, Hydrus, Wren, Corvus.) as per standard Arion naming scheme. It can be a new nameplate or old, though the previous high-end Arion flagship super/hypercars were the Cassiopeia and Hydrus.

Unfortunately I do not have any recent 2020’s or even 2010’s Arion designs to help for inspiration, but some key words to keep in mind that define Arion’s image are: Elegant, Exotic and Luxurious.

RHD interior, as this is a British car company, though I will not penalise LHD but RHD is much prefered.

Arion’s badge can be found in this mod: Steam Workshop::Custom Badges Pack - Requested Edition (4.24) (OPEN)

Arion%20crest%20small

More information on the brand can be found at the: Arion Automotive thread.

Previous Arion sports cars

Arion Shoebill 545TI '18

Arion Hydrus '63

Arion Kite 305TI (formerly Arion Bullet 305TI)

Exterior Inspiration

Interior Inspiration

Just a note, the interiors below are very much outdated for this challenge, but the flow and overall appearance is desirable.

Engineering

This is basically free reign, but try keep it realistic to the standards of what you would expect from a top-class 2020s hypercar. Arion have a history of using the best technology they can at the time, even some forms not yet standardised (For example they first used Fuel injection in 1963.)

Arion’s high performance cars will usually make use of the unconventional V16 layout, since this is DLC it’s not required but if you have it, it’ll be useful to integrate it with the design. V12 and V10s would also be good choices, but I’m not limiting this to any one layout.

Priorities

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

– Follows Arion’s key words: Elegant, Exotic and Luxurious
– Incredibly quick and exciting (Sportiness/Top Speed/0-60)
– Sleek, sexy and consistent styling
– Prestige
– Comfort

:star: :star: :star: :star:

– Realistic
– Drivability

:star: :star: :star:

– Lightweight
– Interior
– Safety

:star: :star:

– Short but sweet info on the hybrid system it uses (and any other dynamic tech!)
– Reliability

:star:

– Fuel Economy & Emissions

Deadline and entry guide

Entries open for submission on the 1st May 2021 @ 12PM GMT and close on 15th May 2021 @ 12PM GMT

Please DM me your .car file through the forums in this format:

Model name: CSC42 - (YourUserName)
Trim name: Name of the car
Engine family name: CSC42 - (YourUserName)
Engine variant: Name of the engine (This should follow Arion naming conventions found under Hierarchy - Classification - Engine Series: Arion Automotive (New thread WIP) - #2 by Aruna)

As well as which to be expected, a post here after with pictures and some info on the design/engineering.

As a minor note, I would like to test the cars out in BeamNG for a bit of fun to the testing, so if you do have the game, make sure they work on export there if you can, if you don’t have the game or can’t test, note in your submission.

16 Likes

I personally think that there should be a engineering and production time limit if the engineering of entries will be judged to prevent quality spam. Either that or judging entries purely by their design.

3 Likes

Definitely! Plus, usually +15 all around cars in beam tend to break lol. I’ve added a new rule of 400 being the maximum engineering time for both engine and car.

1 Like

mmmm can’t the engine be transverse please? :flushed: :point_right: :point_left:

It’s more of a lore thing really, Arion generally stick with longitudinal for their super & hypercars :eyes:

1 Like

I started a design on a body that would only fit a decent-sized engine transversely. It’s the one I tried to update to fix the longitudinal placement.

Also forgot to note, entires are now open! (and have been since about 6/7 hours ago lol)

As well, quick edit to now include the newly created Arion Shoebill 545TI '18 in the previous sports car section.

3 Likes

Now that I think about it, isn’t CSC usually design alone, and no engineering? @Aruna

1 Like

There is some, but it doesn’t seem to be as strong a focus because of the brand’s outlook on this future car.

Yeah that’s true. It is more about the styling really, and getting it right but also a slight bit of doing the right things engineering wise than like an I3, 4 seat saloon “Hypercar” for instance lol

2 Likes

Sounds Swedish :wink:

1 Like

Since I haven’t received any entries at all, and have seen quite a few people working on them in the Discord servers, should I extend till next week same time (15th @ 12pm noon) or not?

I’ll close the poll sometime this evening in roughly 5 hours or if we hit 10 votes either way.

• Extend the deadline
  • Don’t extend the deadline

0 voters

As the poll has hit 10 votes, I’ll go ahead and extend the competition for another week, hopefully this gives everyone enough time with the many competitions already going too, and whatever life throws at us :smile:.

That means the new deadline will be: 15th May 2021 @ 12PM GMT

10 Likes

Arion Monoceros

Spec -
Mid engined RWD 5.0L V10 producing 967 hp at 9000rpm, Redline 10000rpm

Just above 1300kgs the Zep- I mean Arion Monoceros does 0-60 in just 2.6s with a top speed of 253mph.
The Monoceros achieves a 1.51.16 around the ATT

More Photos

hecc off i know its just a Z-S with a bodykit

14 Likes

Arion Columba by Spander Design, feel.

At Spander, we design cars with passion, and so the Columba was born. Its ultra-aerodynamic teardrop line makes for a dynamic, elegant, and timeless design.

The Mid-placed RWD 4 Litres V12 engine develops 712 hp at 7900 rpm and over 1000 hp in hybrid mode, with a permanent-magnet direct current electric engine fed by a Lithium-ion battery (300V) located at the front of the car.
The Gearbox is a 7 gear DCT allowing the car to go up to 400 km/h in 3 seconds in thermic mode alone.

An unequaled design, a soothing comfort.

The interior features the most modern equipment in terms of security and infotainment, combining both luxurious comfort and a breath-taking design.

With all of that in mind, what are you waiting for? pls mak us hav the contrac we have no mony left

Spander design

More pictures

26 Likes