TMCC14: Great Balls of Fire (completed, results posted)

Specifically, the director prefers brighter colors so that the car will more easily stand out on screen, but he also likes more subdued shades. If the color matches the car’s shape, size and market, that’s a plus.

Unregulated, German, V12, Shitposting

aka 1995 EcaMobile All-in

10 Likes

And I thought I had a shed supercar.

12 Likes

Swanson 900

What IS the WeekDend Special anyway?

*Legally not true, drive safe and all that.
Also technically not true, you’d get the 420hp (US) Turbo trim for that.
Anyway, condolences for your retinas

5 Likes

Your car is great and unrivaled. I did not think that such beauty can be created in the game Automation.
It is a supercar to be proud of, it has the refinement and grace of a Ferrari, and it looks incredibly simular to real car. Perfectly calibrated and thoughtful model.

2 Likes

Hey! :unamused:

1 Like

So far I have received submissions from:

@interior
@EnCR
@Violent_Lobster
@Restomod
@Mikonp7
@oppositelock
@Ludvig
@Fayeding_Spray (no ad posted yet)
@Quneitra (no ad posted yet)

This makes for a total of 9 entries.

Also, there are less than 48 hours to go before the deadline - if you haven’t sent in your car, please do so ASAP and post an accompanying ad on this thread.

3 Likes

THIS POST IS BEST IN LANDSCAPE ON MOBILE DEVICES

1995 LLEWELLYN ELMIRA GTX

Lore

New for 1995, Llewellyn’s redesigned Elmira sports coupe rolls onto the scene, replacing the outgoing third generation model. Now with the GTX designation, it rides on the all new monocoque “Caelus” platform, it features extensive use of lightweight materials like aluminum, saving nearly 200 pounds over the all-steel space frame construction of the previous generation. The new platform continues to offer fully independent suspension with front control arms, and an all new 5-link rear suspension, providing increased stability and maneuverability over the previous generation’s rear control arm suspension. The new Elmira GTX also debuts with an exclusive 4.2L 32-valve V8, sharing no parts with any other Llewellyn V8. This engine features individual throttle bodies, an all-aluminum construction, VVT on the intake and exhaust, and revs up to 8,000rpm.

This new powertrain produces a whopping 425 brake horsepower and 317lb-ft of torque, sending power to the rear wheels via either a gated 6-speed manual, or an optional 4-speed automatic. Mated with the 6-speed manual, the Elmira GTX is capable of 0-60 in 4.7 seconds, and has a top speed of 186mph. All models also feature a mechanical limited slip differential, rounding off the Elmira’s new sporting intentions. The interior is all new too, with a 6-disc CD changer and cassette player, heated 8-way power-adjustable sports seats, a 14-speaker audio system, remote entry and start, automatic power windows, and a heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel. The example presented here is painted in Polymetal Grey Pearl, featuring a Navy/Obsidian Black leather interior with Polished Carbon trim, riding on the optional 18-inch magnesium wheels, shaving an additional 30 pounds off of the curb weight. The Elmira GTX, as equipped, retails for an MSRP of $62,900.

Gallery

11 Likes

1995 Sivet Rossi V12

3 Likes

smc

Go with the winds. All 25 of them.

Now with a redesigned body and improved transmission, the ‘95 Starkwind RS is the most evolved one yet. Feel the power of Munot’s hi-tech 25 valve inline-5, as it comes to life with the RS’ special differential; feel the grace of it’s refined aerodynamics, and lightweight all-aluminum body; feel the comfort of knowing that you are protected by dual airbags and Munot’s patented Omnidirectional Impact System. And now, you can finally feel what it is like to have your own windstorm.

MSRP: $50,500.

Automobile Munot AG - Uniquely Swiss.™

6 Likes

4 Likes

Submissions will close in just under 24 hours!

If you are using 4.2 and wish to submit a car in this challenge, make sure to switch to 4.1 by opting out of the alpha build first!

Update: Due to the relatively low number of entries so far, I will extend the deadline by another 24 hours - submissions are now scheduled to close at midnight AEST on January 8, 2022.

2 Likes

ZIL Sport S550

2 Likes

Click for more freedom

4 Likes

Submissions are now closed.

Expect reviews and results within 72 hours.

8 Likes

TMCC14 Reviews: Part 1

Somewhere inside director Jack Weston’s mansion in Hollywood…

…an important decision is being made. Having received info about 13 cars under consideration for the lead role in Fireball III: To Hell And Back, Mr. Weston begins the task of deciding which vehicles will go through to the actual testing phase. His verdicts on them were as follows:

Schnell LS32 (T68) LSi Evolution by @interior

“My god, the name’s almost as long as the car. The pearlescent purple paint job makes it stand out, but the A-pillar appears to have its base too far forward for my tastes. Of greater concern to our stunt drivers is the lack of traction control (a problem not unique to this car), which leads to excess wheelspin. Also, the damping is far softer than I would have liked, and the dynamic setup errs slightly on the safe side. The lack of a passenger airbag (or CD player) doesn’t help, nor does the rear bench seat in a 2-door car. Overall, a great idea hindered by too much wasted potential, especially for the engine.”

Verdict: Will be featured in the film, despite Weston’s reservations, but only after extensive reworking. Not considered for the lead role, though - he thinks it makes more sense as the main antagonists’ car of choice, and even then, only if it were repainted entirely in gloss black.

Sivet Rossi V12 by @Fayeding_Spray

“I love the idea of a big V12 coupe (especially in a striking orange color scheme), but this one appears to have been styled on the cheap. Also, since when was a DOHC V12 with only 2 valves per cylinder the apex of mechanical sophistication? Like, 15 years ago?”

“On top of that, this one has weak brakes, numb electric steering and overly stiff damping for its spring rates. No wonder my stunt drivers aren’t interested! Oh, and tell the manufacturer to include better safety equipment and entertainment next time.”

Verdict: Not even worthy of any screen time - an outdated engine configuration and weak brakes held it back too much for the director to consider it.

Avantii Antifa Sports V8 by @EnCR

“With a big, brawny V8 under the hood to go with its muscular shape, this thing seems like it’s much more of a contender than the first two cars I’ve examined. This one has a more conservative dynamic set-up, but that on its own shouldn’t be enough to rule it out of contention, nor is the lack of a CD player or passenger airbag (neither of which were fitted to the previous two cars). Its gearbox also has only 5 speeds, but then again, it should be adequate for the job. For now, this one goes through as a baseline to measure against.”

Verdict: Despite objections from the stunt drivers, the Antifa qualifies for the final, by delivering a decent amount of bang for the buck. But will it be enough?

Denison Widow Scimitar by @Violent_Lobster

“This looks more like something befitting a supervillain, or an anti-hero, but there’s no denying it has enormous presence. Unfortunately, at well over two tons, it’s way too heavy, with too much of it at the rear for a mid-engined car, mainly because of its gigantic all-iron engine. Speaking of which, it cuts off its peak power before the turbos have even spooled up fully, and it can’t take many more revs than the 5300 its limiter is set at.”

“Combined with the high level of wheelspin and reports of snap oversteer (despite a wide tire stagger margin), this makes it too much of an overweight widowmaker for our stunt drivers to consider, especially in light of its subpar build quality (-6 body quality? Seriously?).”

Verdict: Too much power and weight, not enough sanity. This one won’t go through at all despite being the most powerful car on the list.

Hukenhauser 380S by @Restomod

“At first glance, it looks like a kit car, but with a crazy psychedelic blue/green/purple iridescent paint job, which makes it stand out, for better or worse. They say it’s a pure analog driving experience, right down to the absence of driving aids or power steering. Unfortunately, it’s ruined by the bone-crushing suspension tune - I’ve heard that some people have needed back surgery after a brief drive in one of these.”

“That’s most definitely not an acceptable sacrifice; someone really needs to teach this unruly beast some manners.”

Verdict: With a comfort rating of 0.0 (seriously???), no sane person would ever want to drive this thing, despite its unparalleled sportiness. So this one’s out.

EcaMobile All-In Coupe by @Mikonp7

“This is an amazing-looking thing from any angle, especially in dark green, and it has the power to silence the doubters. The lack of VVT is a bit odd in this day and age, but 515 horsepower should be more than adequate for our stunt drivers’ needs. However, they absolutely would not countenance the overly soft suspension tune (in terms of both damping and spring rates).”

“Such a wallowy set-up deprives the driver of confidence near the limit, and for that reason alone, I must regrettably exclude this car from contention - it doesn’t really know what it is. A supercar does not deserve the suspension tune of a luxury barge.”

Verdict: Looks and goes the part, but too soft in the corners where it really matters. Instead of being in contention for the lead role, it will be relegated to a static prop. At least it won’t be blown up in an action sequence, as one of the stunt drivers suggested.

GSI Caligula by @oppositelock

“Holy smokes, this thing’s basically C. J. Parker on four wheels! I’m falling in love with this thing on first sight, and on closer inspection I can’t seem to find anything wrong about it. That twin-turbo V8 makes all the right noises, and its handling, while agile, has a surprising amount of user-friendliness. The only thing I would change is a redline that’s 400 revs lower (for durability’s sake), but apart from that, I’d leave it as it is. I no longer have any doubts that this car is a genuine contender.”

Verdict: The most promising car of the bunch so far, this one goes through to the finals straight away, without any objections from the stunt drivers.

Swanson 937S by @Ludvig

“If the Caligula is all about speed, the Swanson 937S is all about grip. Its tautly sprung pushrod-actuated suspension ensures it sticks to the road like glue. And while its naturally-aspirated flat-six lacks the raw power of the Caligula, I prefer its more predictable power delivery. It has a more aggressive appearance from the front, although it still can’t beat the Caligula for sheer wow factor. Overall, as the Stephanie Holden to the Caligula’s C. J., and a well-executed one at that, I will certainly be keeping an eye out on this one.”

Verdict: Another car that over-delivers on its promises. The director adds it to his shortlist without hesitation, joining the Caligula and Antifa.

Munot Starkwind RS by @Quneitra

(OOC: the headlight fixture used does not show up very well in the photo scene menu, but it’s still visible, if only just).

“First of all, I have some reservations about the engine: the transverse inline-5 with 5-valve heads is a bit odd, and is held back by an overly restrictive exhaust. However, 250-odd horsepower in a car weighing only 1.3 metric tons is more than adequate. Recent road tests have also shown that it’s as agile in the corners as its looks suggest. I feared that it would be outgunned by its closest competitors, but my stunt drivers made me reconsider - they’re begging to be strapped into this thing.”

Verdict: Despite the odd engine layout and relatively low power, the Starkwind impressed the director enough to join the shortlist.

Llewellyn Elmira GTX by @vero94773

“On the outside, this is a nice mix of muscle car and GT, with a lusty 425-horsepower V8 under its bulging hood. Journalists’ reports indicate that it’s a more stable offering than its mid-engined rivals, but it still handles well enough for our needs. Our only complaint is that it doesn’t have a driver’s airbag, but that on its own shouldn’t be enough to hold it back. After due consideration, I am going to add this to my shortlist - it looks as fast as it goes, and makes all the right noises while doing it.”

Verdict: There is not much wrong with the Elmira, and plenty about it that’s right, so it easily goes through to the finals.

Apoapsis Leviathan ReSport by @Edsel

“This thing looks like an ill-proportioned knockoff of a pony car… from 10 years ago, and it’s incredibly bland and unfinished, with pop-up headlights that are in the wrong place. At least the engine makes a decent amount of power, but the brakes are undercooled, and the downforce undertray is actually dead weight due to not producing any downforce at all. Putting all that aside, I don’t want T.L. Palmer to be driving a museum piece, or something that looks and/or feels like one, so this one’s out.”

Verdict: Instabinned due to having a body unlock year of 1975 - 10 years before the cut-off date - and to make matters even worse, its unfinished, overly basic styling would have been a deal-breaker.

OMC Blackbird SR429 by @asdren

“This all-black beast reminds me of the Hoff for some reason, but its aesthetic is more Michael Knight than Mitch Buchannon - it’s very close to what a '90s version of KITT would be. I know for sure it’s fast, thanks to that big pushrod V8 up front, but the tire stagger is greater than is desirable for a front-engined, rear-drive performance car. Our stunt drivers, however, are as appalled as I am at its total lack of rust-proofing - a fatal flaw in this day and age. For that reason, it would make no sense at all for us to consider the Blackbird.”

Verdict: Instabinned for using an untreated steel body and chassis - an acceptable combo in 1955, but in 1995? No way! A shame, considering its “modernized KITT” aesthetic and big, powerful engine.

ZiL Sport S550 by @BG004130

“This one looks like a kit car, but it’s not as unfinished as the Hukenhauser. At first glance, it performs well enough on all fronts, mainly because it is the second most powerful car here. However, the engine - a 5.3-liter V10 developing nearly 550 horsepower - is both its greatest asset and weakest link. Why? Because the redline is a bit too high for the conrods, which compromises reliability. When I told my stunt drivers about this, they all balked, which left me with no choice but to reject it immediately.”

Verdict: A formidable contender on paper, but the kit-car styling is off-putting to some, and reliability concerns ensure that it won’t go through to the next round.

(OOC: The naming scheme was actually not quite correct for this one, but its reliability problems would’ve ruled it out anyway as stated above.)

The following entrants have made it to the next round:
@EnCR
@oppositelock
@Ludvig
@Quneitra
@vero94773

Expect test drives and final results within 48 hours or so.

10 Likes

“In Denison’s defense, the person who approved the design was under the influence of hooch and copium along with the assemblers, was promptly fired.” - Denison PR division

all in all seriousness, i had half faith and did my best, automation was fighting me all the way with this car lol.

4 Likes

“In Haukenshauser’s defence, your testosterone levels are too low to be able to comprehend the perfection of the 380S.”

I’ll admit I never checked the comfort level…

4 Likes

Tbh, if anyone drives that 380S will have 100% hemorrhoids, their legs will have to be broken to move again from all that rheumatism arthritis and their pelvis looks like they went a few rounds in the prison showers.

2 Likes