Tycoon Starting Region

Is it going to be possible to choose where you start your company or will you just start in a random town in Europe?

If so maybe different starting places would give different tax rates and or shipping rates, stuff like that.

All has been discussed and covered in other threads multiple times before. Use the search option.

(also yes to all your questions)

I searched but didn’t find anything. Guess I’ll look again.

And thanks.

Starting regions can be chosen at the start of the game. I don’t see why a randomizer would add much value when there is free choice?

Sorry I phrased it badly. The (now answered) question I was asking is would the start region be chosen by the player or would there just be a default generic starting region for everyone with no choice.

speaking of starting positions, will USSR be a thing?

Probably yes. Very free market, comrade!

This questions about the USSR made me think… how does the world evolve through time? Will Russia be there or will it be USSR, and individual countries in the Balken etc.?

It would be nice to have the options

• a “real world” campaign where known events happen, such as the rise and fall of the USSR, the EEC > EU, Oil crises, wars, trade embargoes, etc
  • a randomized campaign where events occur at realistic but random intervals

That’s what’s planned, yes.

Speaking of that: give a wide range of countries, and not just focus on the obvious choices

Yeah, most countries should be available, though we’ll be condensing some more minor/tiny countries into regions I’d say.

So I can’t build cars in Vatican City? :laughing:

Probably not. :slight_smile:

Aww, I’d go mad with happiness if I could start in the Isle of Man, the island with no speed limit! :stuck_out_tongue:

Pity, Papal Motors has a nice ring to it
Specialized in large family cars :wink:

[quote=“maffc”]

Pity, Papal Motors has a nice ring to it
Specialized in large family cars :wink:[/quote]

Large family cars, and cars with big glass boxes on the back :stuck_out_tongue:

Rats… Sounds like Denmark is on the chopping block then… Probably not that bad considering the fact that we have insanely high taxes

I’ll actually be kinda intrigued by the idea of starting in a smaller, poorer country and seeing how far I can get with trying to make a company based upon kit car-esque supercars…

[size=50]Does the condensing mean the US will finally annex Canada? :laughing: [/size]
[size=30]Please tell me someone gets that joke…[/size]

[quote=“OCAdam”]
[size=150]Does the condensing mean the US will finally annex Canada? :laughing: [/size]
[size=30]Please tell me someone gets that joke…[/size][/quote]

Slow clap Well played sir. :laughing:

And aw damn, there goes my dream of being Belgium’s only car manufacturer. :stuck_out_tongue:

Despite countries being acccolated into regions, will we still be able to hold a nationality though? If that’s possible they could just divide the regions as the major continents for my part.

And I guess the USSR could make a great “noob start spot”, because it’d be quite forgiving on design flaws.