UE4 Open Beta Body + Variant Issues list

I’m here just to notify that the current update has yet to fix this issue.

2 Likes

78_US_sedan_alt_XL (3.0m wheelbase)

The game thinks that this is a L-FWD layout. I disagree.

3 Likes

white wheel wells
can’t paint em black (the color they usually are, I think some sort of plastic material)

3 Likes

ok, so the problem has been fixed on some of the wheelbases but the 2.3m wheelbase one is still broken…

2 Likes

Why is the panel variant of this still lacking morphing possibilities after years?

3 Likes

The Indicator body set (2.85m wheelbase shown) may need a greater range for its RearLength (trunk) morphing zone, which I find to be a bit too short at present:

Another minor issue is that the roll angle is a bit on the high side unless the ride height is lowered considerably and/or the suspension is significantly stiffened - a potential hindrance with comfort-focused builds. Most significantly of all, however, this is the largest 90-degree DOHC 4v V8 engine that can fit in right now (other sizes have lower or higher engine width limits):

Given that other similarly sized bodies generally have (much) wider engine bays capable of accommodating even bigger V8s, it would make sense to widen the ones in the Indicator body sets.

By the way, what is the Indicator body set meant to resemble the most, and what real-life car body is the Indicator name a reference to?

3 Likes

The BMW E3x / E4x. The “Indicator” bit is a reference to everyone’s favourite stereotype for North American drivers of German cars.

4 Likes

Spot on! They actually do look like an E39 or E46 superficially - especially when you tweak the morphs to make the resemblance even stronger.

As for the '84 Commoner body sets, I’m sure they resemble a VN-VS Commodore (hence the similar-sounding name), as well as the Omega/Carlton A with which they share some components.

On that note, I would like to see an extra morphing zone on those, for the rear wheel arch:

This zone can be moved up or down; with the former, you can make it more circular, to make it more closely resemble the VR/VS Commodore (itself an extensive rework of the VN/VP) from the side.

2 Likes

That already exists as a morph though.

2 Likes

I’ve only recently noticed that the Indicator body sets replaced an earlier body (introduced as a mod, later made vanilla) that resembled the E31 8-series - and you can even tweak the morphs to emulate said E31, especially if you’re using the body set with the 2.7m wheelbase and the 2-door coupe (not the 2/4-door sedan) body style. An even smaller version of the Indicator body set (with a 2.4m wheelbase) would be nice, though, to provide an alternative to similarly sized contemporary bodies.

unexpected double post

All of the Challenger-esque body sets have a maximum rear wheel/tire width 10mm narrower than the front:

It would therefore make sense to increase the maximum rear wheel/tire width on all of those bodies by 10 to 20 mm or so - it looks like it could be doable with that amount of empty space under the rear wheel arch.

On top of that, we should be able to adjust the front and rear wheel arch morphs independently, and there should also be separate front and rear fender morphs (which would have the same effect, but make it possible to emulate a wide body kit without resorting to lots of 3D fixtures and advanced trim settings just to be able to do so).

I’ve also noticed that the largest of the '88 S15-esque body sets (2.72m wheelbase) lacks hardtop and soft-top convertible variants, which the smaller body sets have:

It’s quite jarring given that those variants would look just as good on a 2.72m wheelbase as they do on the smaller ones.

3 Likes

The newly-added 2.89 m wheelbase Flatnose body has a small tire diameter problem, where I can’t have tire diameter above 630 mm, which is smaller than both 2.33/2.45 m wheelbases that can have tire diameter up to 640 mm and 2.57/2.76 m wheelbases that can have tire diamater up to 650 mm.

Maximum Tire Diameter Increase for Flatnose Bodies
1.88 m wheelbase: 560 to 580 mm
2.33 and 2.45 m wheelbases: 640 to 660 mm
2.57 and 2.76 m wheelbases: 650 to 680 mm
2.89 m wheelbase: 630 to 700 mm

Maximum Tire Diamater Harmonization for 78_US Bodies (I have reported on January 11, but have yet to be fixed)
2.55 m wheelbase: 690 mm for all variants (currently 640 mm for coupe/coupe_alt, 660 mm for wagon/soft top and 670 mm for 4-door fastback)
2.65 m wheelbase: 700 mm for all variants (currently 650 mm for coupe, 670 mm for coupe_alt/wagon/soft top and 680 mm for 4-door fastback)
2.75 m wheelbase: 720 mm for all variants (currently 670 mm for coupe, 690 mm for coupe_alt/wagon/soft top)
2.95 m wheelbase: 740 mm for all variants (currently 680 mm for coupe, 690 mm for wagon/soft top and 700 mm for coupe_alt)

3 Likes

JD_60s_Cor_270_4S body has a couple bugged variants

4 door swoopy shape sedan only shows 2 doors. It also has a wider track width than all other variants besides Van, which shares it’s 47.2" width rather than the 46.5" width of all other variants.

Coupe variant is a soft top convertible.

Also 2 door hatchback style body has a smaller maximum tire diameter than other variants.

3 Likes

For the first one, you have to squint your eyes. The second pair of doors has their line with the C pillar.

The second is made that it could be a hard top or soft top. The panels may be folded to be as a convertible.

2 Likes

look at the section where it says doors and there are only 2. It should be 4, as there is a crease for back doors in the body.

As for the coupe variants, it does not have creases to indicate a hard top convertible, and if it were meant to be a hard top convertible, it would say Hard Top rather than Soft Top in the convertible section.

6 Likes

This specific body is only capable of seating +2 in its rearmost row, even though it looks big enough to accommodate 2 or even 3 full-size seats there.

3 Likes

Update:
Issue still remains even after several patches have been released
(White wheel wells that cannot be recolored)

5 Likes

Another body that can’t run McP up front even though I see no reason why…should be plenty of room for shock towers there.

6 Likes

This body (Commoner 84 2.5m) in the ute variant has an issue with the morph slider for the wheel well size in the tray where it snaps back to 0 after any attempt of adjusting it. Also…

The body seems to show the ability to have a second row of seats despite it looking like a single cab.

4 Likes

Another issue with the Commoner body sets (across all sizes) is that when morphing is enabled, you can’t highlight the rear wheel arch morphing zone via mouseover, even though that particular zone is already shown in the morphing UI.

2 Likes