-Ultimate Super Saloon- {Finished}

thanks don. My collaborator was instrumental in refining the front from the original concept (seen in the Action Hero Movie 2 car). The rear still needs some work. You might be able to tell the car it’s based off (from the appearance and the name), and I’ll go ahead and reveal that we’re aiming to destroy that specific car using similar tech and on the same budget, ho ho ho.

(Yes, somewhat kind of a bit different to what I imagine we’re supposed to be comparing to, but still in the same… ballpark).

I have submitted my Utopia R but tuned to meet this particular market’s emissions standards (as a manufacturer would do!). Let our glorious feud continue!

Right. We have submitted. With what we’re guessing will be the most sport-oriented car in the lineup, we present the GK-R, codenamed Godzilla Killa!

No prizes for guessing which real life company we’d pitch the car to, as well as the real-life car we’re taking aim at with this model. Definitely something to update when active aero and suspension comes out!

note: uses a lot of mods. Namely: grille and vents from Necronn, integrated exhaust grille and vents from Pleb, a lip from Weasel, the chrome strips from Pyrlix, and who made those awesome box vents I like using for hood scoops???

[quote=“strop”]thanks don. My collaborator was instrumental in refining the front from the original concept (seen in the Action Hero Movie 2 car). The rear still needs some work. You might be able to tell the car it’s based off (from the appearance and the name), and I’ll go ahead and reveal that we’re aiming to destroy that specific car using similar tech and on the same budget, ho ho ho.

(Yes, somewhat kind of a bit different to what I imagine we’re supposed to be comparing to, but still in the same… ballpark).[/quote]

Actually the styling reminds me of 3 cars…The Jaguar r type, the DB9 and a little bit of Ford Mondeo. :smiley:

Due that I’ve no answer from titleguy1 I wish to ask about the rule 3; 20 MPG (US) minimum (11.76 l/100).

Really does the car need a fuel economy over 11.76 l/100!!! (a bit silly question but…)

Over 20mpg or under 11.76L/100km means the same thing.

Ok, thanks nialloftara :slight_smile:

(Edit) - I forgot to add the thing.

Salo 570 LS

Mine :slight_smile:

BZ Motors presents GARIBALDI USS Edition.

As of now, entries are officially closed.
Thank you to all who are participating.
So many entries -

Your OP hasn’t yet updated and I haven’t received a reply on my PM, so I have no idea whether my entry has been accepted (in fact, there’s quite a few more since vmo’s, there’s leo and onyx and razyx and probably a few more that I missed too.

Woohoo! Still not totally happy with my M3 V8 powered M5 rival but hey at least it’s like 10 grand under cost for this contest :slight_smile:

I blew all my budget on a carbon fibre body, in an attempt to make it more economical and faster. But I believe that going sensible with just 700 hp on my car might have cost it the first place.

Edit: Grammar error

“Just” 700 he says :laughing:

I had no idea how much power I really wanted but I can tell you I settled for less than that, in the hopes of making something with better driving dynamics! (Turbos are hard, man D: )

Wait, entries are closed? Of course it happens just when I’m finished with my car :frowning:
It would’ve been nice if you had written out exactly at which time the competition ended, though; I assumed it’d end in one and a half hour since that’s when midnight is in NYC.

Send it in anyway and hope for the best? Titleguy hasn’t finished updating OP yet!

Trust me, the OP isn’t gonna be updated for a long time. I ended the entries short, and for the next 2 days I have exams in school… Sorry guys!

Also, it’s only 10:00 here. So technically you have 2 more hours left if you want.

I made a benchmark car, and that has 600 HP if you’re wondering. I thought that was overkill alone, so. Yeah. 600 is waaay more than enough, guys :laughing:

Considering how even dodge has a 700 hp car, I thought that going 10 over their hellcats was a good plan.

By the way, thanks to Jakgoe for doing a fine tune on the NA, direct injected, VVL engine.

Damn that’s a nice benchmark… Not exactly typical for the class of car but then again neither is the Nissan GTR I used to benchmark mine :laughing: I decided to try to see what I could get out of a reasonably priced 3.8l 6cyl turbo engine, and it’s pretty decent for what it is. The car weighs too much though, only scraped 70kg off for a lot more money using cf vs aluminium. So I ended up having 5k left in the bank as upgrading anything didn’t really improve overall and just cost more production units!

Not to worry though, if this car does well enough then I’ll get some more appropriate “upgrades” to take it to the competition! Active aero and suspension and LSD would really help, though.

You’re still in the competition; my car was about 15k under the max cost :slight_smile: I tuned an existing car for emissions, but nothing else, in the same way Lexus will tune their car for a particular export market, but it is just tweaking, not building a new car from the ground up. If our cars from our existing line up can compete with (or even beat!) bespoke cars built specifically for this competition, I think we can be pretty happy.

I sort of went for minimum cost, I know the Mercusa’s not the most powerful or the quickest, or most luxurious, and it’s certainly not sporty, but hey it costs a hair under $15 000, and is pretty economic so I’m happy anyways. Good luck to everyone competing!