(What if) A.I. car art game

What if the Lotus Elise existed in the 70s and 80s

3 Likes

So the Renault Twingo…
For some reason, some cars are harder to transform into a specific decade’s style than others. Most variants looked lime modern cars or modern cars with retro styling.

2 Likes

What if the Dacia Duster was an American muscle car

1 Like

The last one looks like something AMC would have made.

1 Like

Weird thing is how most “Twingos” looks very much like a Micra K11 in this case…

1 Like

I think it looks closer to the Renault 5, the K11 is like a 90s version of the Renault 5 design wise.

2020 Delta Integrale

Lincoln S550 Continental Coupe V8
Amati 1000 2020

1 Like

Oh yes the amazing sporty design of a piano :))

1 Like

the 2020 Lancia Delta Integrale I got

3 Likes

Lincoln S550 Continental Coupe V8

6 Likes

Crash test: Amati 1000 vs Morris Marina :smiley:

1 Like

OK, tried to get the AI to reimagine a couple of my cars…

First, the 1984 Authié et Dallier 6/26 coupé

Ehm…no, that’s just an Opel Kadett Cabriolet with a hardtop! :tired_face:

Hey, that’s not too dissimilar actually!

Attempt # 2: 2005 Authié et Dallier 8/30 sedan

1954_soviet_sedan.jpg - ehhhh, not quite right.

And I don’t know if Rover 45 with Toyota Avensis front is much better.

…or for that matter, Toyota Comfort with VW Passat B5 front.

Clean it up a bit and this would be a quite nice 40s sedan but still a bit far off…

Honda Civic Shuttle/Wagovan, reimagined for 2005. Ehhh…nope!

4 Likes

What if the Toyota Prius had existed since the 50s?

What if the Fiat Punto had existed since the 50s?

3 Likes

That 60s Prius :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Great idea, how had I not thought of this?
1992 Zerve Kaveat Sedan

I see Playground doesn’t think that the platform should go on this long, either… I bet they’re payed NAM spokespeople!

1969 Haukenhauser Triumf 380SS

Looks like an early LeMans prototype, kind of like Haukenhauser’s less affordable models.

1 Like

I think for variants of your own designs you should use image to image or keep the seed and reroll on it to get more consistent results and also experiment with both image strength and “filters” cause they can create very different results. The filters are actually different stable diffusion models with more training on some things to give a heavy bias towards anime lets say or photorealism, etc. That way you have a much easier time with getting the entire car in frame.

1994-wide-shot-car-1990s-styling-illustration-by-norman-rockwell-vintage-poster-perfect-detailed-
analog-style-1975s-wide-shot-car-1970s-styling-illustration-by-norman-rockwell-vintage-poster-p-
analog-style-1965s-wide-shot-car-1960s-styling-illustration-by-norman-rockwell-vintage-poster-p-
analog-style-1955s-wide-shot-car-1950s-styling-illustration-by-norman-rockwell-vintage-poster-p-
analog-style-1990s-wide-shot-car-1990s-styling-illustration-by-norman-rockwell-vintage-poster-p-

analog-style-1999-wide-shot-car-1999s-styling-illustration-by-norman-rockwell-vintage-poster-pe- (1)
analog-style-1975-wide-shot-car-1970s-styling-illustration-by-norman-rockwell-vintage-poster-pe-
analog-style-1965-wide-shot-car-1960s-styling-illustration-by-norman-rockwell-vintage-poster-pe-

4 Likes

I was once sketching this straight out of my imagination. What could this one possible turn out to be?

Front engined 911?

Manta Capri?

Pretty sure I have seen something similar, but…

Renault Alpine but with some Mustang-esque front end that seems to be crying, and front wheel drive judging by the smoke? Now that was…odd, I guess.

Now let’s turn it around a bit. Mid 10s Mustang with Nissan Z tail. Uhm… yeah, I guess?

7 Likes

If you have time to paint that in even in flat colors and then put it through again, you might get a bit better results. I did that once with a colored line drawing I found and got some cool results, but as an illustration not photreal.

4 Likes

Hey we have that competition where it is “what if Dodge built a 1982 Viper” can we try that one out? Maybe work it all the way back to the 60’s for fun too?

So I put some color on that sketch and did a few generations on playgrounds and Lexica.I got the best results with Lexica art, but you don’t have much control and the generations are limited.

1975-wide-shot-car-1970s-styling-illustration-by-norman-rockwell-vintage-poster-perfect-detailed-364588560
wide-shot-car-1990s-styling-illustration-by-norman-rockwell-vintage-poster-perfect-detailed-bea-503165148

2 Likes